Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

GSR & SI Exhaust Manifold Heat Shield Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSR & SI Exhaust Manifold Heat Shield Compatibility

I am trying to figure out if the exhaust manifold heat shield off a GSR can fit onto an EM1 exhaust manifold. I looked up the part numbers and they are the same. I also looked at the photos and all the holes and metal lines seem to be the same. From searching through the forums, I learned that the gsr exhaust manifold is taller due to the block being taller. This could potentially cause the heat shield not to fit. Could anyone shed some insights into this? Why would they assign the same part number if they don't fit??

There is a used GSR heat shield for sale at the moment that I am looking to purchase to see if it fits. Or, if it doesn't fit, retrofitting it to make it work.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR & SI Exhaust Manifold Heat Shield Compatibility

If they are the same part number then it will fit. It looks like the upper portion of the exhaust manifold is also the same between the EM1 & GSR integras, they share the same part number. I know the lower portion which goes under the engine is different between the two & is probably where the make up the height difference in the manifold.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR & SI Exhaust Manifold Heat Shield Compatibility

Originally Posted by 1999 Civic Si
If they are the same part number then it will fit. It looks like the upper portion of the exhaust manifold is also the same between the EM1 & GSR integras, they share the same part number. I know the lower portion which goes under the engine is different between the two & is probably where the make up the height difference in the manifold.
Thank you for the response. I hope that they are the same. I am going to go ahead and purchase one and then report back.