Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

GSR seats in a del Sol...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 01:40 PM
Awwww...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSR seats in a del Sol...

Since it seems like everyone is putting del Sol seats in their Integras, Civics, etc., I thought I'd go against the flow and put GSR seats in my Sol. My driver's seat had a big tear on the left, so I wanted new ones and went for leather. Check out the pic below (with my boy Ed in the background):

I used an article from team integra which explained how to switch the harnesses (I just went backwards) and they came out great. Granted, the GSR seats do sit higher, so it's not recommended for tall drivers, but I just like the extra cushioning better. Since I drive about 100 miles every day, that's important to me...

I'm happy with the conversion, so if you think they're cool let me know or hit me up with any questions. Also, if you're in the soCal area and looking for a grey/red del Sol seat, lemme know. But if you're just gonna hate (as some people inevitably do) too bad; I guess it's a good thing it's not your car.
*And feel free to quote me on that last line... just let me know!
Old 03-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR seats in a del Sol... (thefazio)

that looks nice man nice to see people going against the current rather than traveling down stream
Old 03-01-2005, 02:11 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: GSR seats in a del Sol... (modedicebox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by modedicebox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that looks nice man nice to see people going against the current rather than traveling down stream </TD></TR></TABLE>
Most people don't do this because they don't like constantly bashing their head/helmet off the roof, not because it's "going against the current."
Old 03-01-2005, 02:16 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: GSR seats in a del Sol... (jaedaSC)

I wanted to do that to my Sol and I'm 6'1", is that going to cause "interference"?
Old 03-01-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: GSR seats in a del Sol... (CaptivaBlue)

im not sure if it would cause interference, but you can always modify the rails so they sit a bit lower... as long as you can weld
Old 03-01-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: GSR seats in a del Sol... (StrangerWitCandy)

Welding is a bit too involved just for seats, does anyone else know?
Old 03-02-2005, 12:54 AM

he bought it from me
Old 03-02-2005, 12:57 AM

I helped him install those. All he did was swap out the rails. An easy project if you have about 2 hours to spare out of your day...LOL!
To make a long story short, basically, thats me in the pic!!!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR seats in a del Sol... (DC2_JAPAN)

damn that took two of you guys two hours?! took me like 30 minutes my first time.

as Targa stated above, people don't do this because they don't want to hit their head.

swapping a Del Sol's seats to something like Integra or Civic seats, are more for people about 5'8" and under. i have many friends that are 5'10" and over, that almost hit/do hit their head, and that's sitting on sol seats. i don't care about them though. i'm only 5'4" and my gf is 5'1", so i have the option to change my seats.

well, integra seats look nice, but my sol seats don't bother me. integra seats have a little more comfort, but no body grip (especially if you have leather). which is another reason why people switch to sol seats. they're cheap, oem, still comfortable, sit lower for the tall people, and can hug your body through turns.

to you still for going with what you like, and not what other people like, or say.

btw, this seems like an Appearance / Cosmetic thread.

Modified by jL iLLuZiOnz 9 at 3:13 AM 3/2/2005
Old 03-02-2005, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR seats in a del Sol... (jL iLLuZiOnz 9)

seats look real nice, good job i have blue teg seats in my hatch
Old 03-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Awwww...

Default Re: GSR seats in a del Sol... (jL iLLuZiOnz 9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jL iLLuZiOnz 9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">as Targa stated above, people don't do this because they don't want to hit their head.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah, I'm 5'5" on a good day, and I still nail my head getting in when I'm not paying attention, but oh, well, huh? The driver seat has two ***** on the side that can adjust the height a little, but unless you weld, I have no idea on how you can lower it more.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jL iLLuZiOnz 9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">btw, this seems like an Appearance / Cosmetic thread.</TD></TR></TABLE>
BTW, since I was kind of explaining how to do the swap, and I figured people would ask more questions on how to do it, I thought it qualified. If not, then sorry about that

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jL iLLuZiOnz 9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">integra seats have a little more comfort, but no body grip (especially if you have leather). which is another reason why people switch to sol seats. they're cheap, oem, still comfortable, sit lower for the tall people, and can hug your body through turns.

to you still for going with what you like, and not what other people like, or say.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Again, I daily-drive my Sol about 100 miles everyday. Which do you think is more important to me?

*And thanks again to DC2_JAPAN, if it wasn't for his help, the swap might've taken me 30 minutes instead of 2 hours!
Old 03-02-2005, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CaptivaBlue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Welding is a bit too involved just for seats, does anyone else know?</TD></TR></TABLE>

nope, just a rail swap.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:37 AM

that's something i should think about doing... I'm rather on the short side5'2 and the seats could help me look over the dash ... I was wondering if the seats would help me reach the pedals better in my del sol, somehow i'm doubtful. lemme know
Old 03-08-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Re: GSR seats in a del Sol... (NaS_nAs)

(response by thefazio at my boy Ed'z house) - since the GSR driver seats are the only seats made by Honda that have two height adjusting ***** (front and rear) you can play with them to figure out what works best for you.

I'll tell you one thing, though: it makes you push down more on the pedals... it's kind of hard to explain. Let's just say that the del Sol seats have you sitting so low that you push the pedals more horizontally than vertically, and with the GSR seats positioned right, it corrects that. You could also try getting some aftermarket shift pedals. I personally like RAZO, but I know that Hayame, Sparco, and all the wannabe brands make pedals, too. Check eBay!

BTW, I used to be about 5"6, until I hit a lightpole doing 75 on a motorcycle and busted up my legs... after surgery I'm like 5'4 or 5'5 (on a good day) so I feel your pain... good luck!
Old 03-09-2005, 08:16 AM

Default Re: GSR seats in a del Sol... (dantastic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dantastic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

nope, just a rail swap.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

by just a rail swap you mean putting the sol rails on the gsr seats correct?

so no welding involved just a direct swap
Old 03-09-2005, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR seats in a del Sol... (aemfreak)

clean .....