Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

GSR rear discs on 94 EG coupe.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GSR rear discs on 94 EG coupe.....

I got the complete swap "complete as in complete assembly with all bolts and with e-brake cables"

I've been searching, reading, searching, reading, ect... And I havent quite picked up one thing yet.... Can I, or can I not use the GSR e-brake cables??? Im completely obliviously stumped.. Some say yes, some say no, some say use RS prop valve some say use del sol SI prop valve, does anyone infact know what will or will not work???? I'm trying to get my car ready for Saturday night in Orlando, and i'm doing my rear disc conversion tomorrow.. I have open access to all the parts I need just not sure what exactly I need..

EDIT: Also, will the DA prop Valves' threads match my EG brake lines threads???
Old 11-16-2006, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: GSR rear discs on 94 EG coupe..... (JDM_SOHC)

use the gsr ebrake cables and a 40/40 prop valve
Old 11-16-2006, 04:38 PM
H-T Poker champion

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can I, or can I not use the GSR e-brake cables??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Use the GSR e-brake cables [at least I did on my EG hatch]

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">some say use RS prop valve some say use del sol SI prop valve, does anyone infact know what will or will not work???? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok.. This does not matter. You can stick with your stock "eg" prop valve with no problems. The whole "RS prop valve" is technically true. If you want to get the full potential out of your new brakes, then you should upgrade the proportioning valve. It does not matter, though. Your brakes will work fine regardless, but you will have more stopping power if you upgrade the prop valve.

Also, dont forget to fully bleed your brake system after the install..
Old 11-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR rear discs on 94 EG coupe..... (Hatchy-Ownzjo0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchy-Ownzjo0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Use the GSR e-brake cables [at least I did on my EG hatch]

Ok.. This does not matter. You can stick with your stock "eg" prop valve with no problems. The whole "RS prop valve" is technically true. If you want to get the full potential out of your new brakes, then you should upgrade the proportioning valve. It does not matter, though. Your brakes will work fine regardless, but you will have more stopping power if you upgrade the prop valve.

Also, dont forget to fully bleed your brake system after the install.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

sweet, thanks dude... i figured the whole prop valve thing was just added in later as a better substitute or w/e so as long as im ok than thats wassup... this whole thing just bolts all together right?? I've dont millions of engine swaps, i just started learning suspension an brakes an all that like 4-5 months ago so I think it'll be a peice of cake...
Old 11-16-2006, 04:55 PM
H-T Poker champion

Yea.. It's a strait bolt up.. Pretty easy stuff.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=641639
Old 11-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's what I did.

I used Integra ebrake cables with my rear disc converion, but used the stock prop valve. It braked just fine. The prop valve isn't necessary.

When you eventually upgrade to Integra front brakes, like I did, I used a DA non-ABS 4040 prop valve. The threads line up fine, but the brackets are different. You can bolt up the prop valve with one of the studs protruding from the firewall, and it's sturdy. You can also use a 4040 prop valve from a 94-95 Integra RS. This will have the correct prop valve bracket to use all 3 studs from the firewall.

Just to let you know, with my B18C, it took me about 2 hours to install the prop valve. The threads are very hard to line up straight enough to thread on the fitting.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR rear discs on 94 EG coupe..... (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here's what I did.

I used Integra ebrake cables with my rear disc converion, but used the stock prop valve. It braked just fine. The prop valve isn't necessary.

.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i figured it would be relevant enough to just use my stock one... another question... when ordering aftermarket brake items do I order them for a 95 gsr?
Old 11-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Like rotors? Well 90-01 Integra, 93-97 Del Sol Si/VTEC, 99-00 Civic Si, and 92-95 Civic Si/EX ABS are all the same as far as rear brakes go.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tru so im not gonna have any problems getting my hands on some brakes than, thats good... well i appreciate it dude, im glad someone got to this resolution quick haha, normally takes 10 years.. Actually goin on 11 years to find out wtf is wrong with my front end when goin over 75 mph...
Old 11-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got the complete swap "complete as in complete assembly with all bolts and with e-brake cables"

I've been searching, reading, searching, reading, ect... And I havent quite picked up one thing yet.... Can I, or can I not use the GSR e-brake cables??? Im completely obliviously stumped.. Some say yes, some say no, some say use RS prop valve some say use del sol SI prop valve, does anyone infact know what will or will not work???? I'm trying to get my car ready for Saturday night in Orlando, and i'm doing my rear disc conversion tomorrow.. I have open access to all the parts I need just not sure what exactly I need..

EDIT: Also, will the DA prop Valves' threads match my EG brake lines threads???</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you installing the brake booster and new MC? Just curious to see if you are. Reflaring the brake line is fairly simple. As long as you get the correct flare kit. Sears sells them. The trick is not to try to flare the brake line too much. If you try to make it flare like the OEM flare, you will always tear the line. Flare it until you have a good seal.

m-
Old 11-17-2006, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR rear discs on 94 EG coupe..... (Mario_D)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mario_D &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Are you installing the brake booster and new MC? Just curious to see if you are. Reflaring the brake line is fairly simple. As long as you get the correct flare kit. Sears sells them. The trick is not to try to flare the brake line too much. If you try to make it flare like the OEM flare, you will always tear the line. Flare it until you have a good seal.

m-</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was gonna use what i had for now, an if everything worked fine than i'd probably just upgrade sometime soon once I get some extra cash.. But if my OEM equip works good than ill prolly use it for a couple months just to get me to where I wanna be for now.. And thanks for the flare info, i'd prolly just tried to OEM spec it an tear the **** out of it haha...
Old 11-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You don't need a new brake booster for rear discs.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You don't need a new brake booster for rear discs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

tru so basiclly everything that came OEM on my car will work fine?? Everything else is just a luxury upgrade pretty much...
Old 11-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

tru so basiclly everything that came OEM on my car will work fine?? Everything else is just a luxury upgrade pretty much...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just rear discs and ebrake cable. The pedal is firm with stock MC.