GSR/ITR Rebuild; Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: West Bakalakadaka St., Durka Durka Mohammed Gihad, WMDs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSR/ITR Rebuild; Need Help

Got a few questions about rebuilding a GSR motor. So, here they go:

1. Is there any website that sells a rebuild kit w/ OE Honda Parts??? Also, what internals would you all trust going into your daily driven motor?

2. Can I run a GSR crank, head, and block w/ ITR Pistons, rods, bearings, valves and valve springs w/out running ITR cams. Right now I don't have the money to dish out on the ITR cams and would like to use the GSR Cams until I can save up.

3. Also, the head I have looks to be in pretty good condition, The valves are caked b/c the pistons rings we're shot so would you all recommend replacing the valve springs and retainers or not. Also, is it possible to run GSR valve springs w/ ITR valves?

4. On average how much is this going to cost me to have done??? I got a quote on having the crank machined and the cylinders bored and honed for $165.50. All in all would it be better to just sell this long block and buy one say off Hmotorsonline.com for $1800, or rebuild the one I have.

I know I have a lot of questions, this is my first rebuild and I'm unsure of just how this is all going to come out. BTW, the reason I am taking on this task is because I bought the full swap for 700 bucks and I couldn't pass it up. Huge thanks in advance.

If this needs to be moved to the integra forum then I understand and would do myself if I could. I'm just so used to going in here everytime.