Layout:

93 hatch/gsr motor
usual bolt-ons
stock internals
chipped p28
dyno tuned w/VafcII
Results: 184whp, 130wtq

Problem:

Car has ran strong and fast without any problems. However about two weeks ago I was on my way home from my gf's house and was shifting through the gears when I noticed that I wasnt getting the throttle response that I usually come to expect.

I then proceeded to get on it and cross-over. When In did this, the car seemed to want to go, but felt a little sluggish. It was as if it was hesitating or something. The best way to describe it is when your motor is out of timming.

I then replaced the plugs with irrdiums, but still no difference. The car still runs strong, but I know I have lost hp's and tq somewhere in the powerband and I am trying to figure out why?

What could be the case? Please ask any questions so I can provide further info to diagnose problem.

Ohh and the car does have a check engine light that I have had forever which is the IAT(Intake air temp). However I have had this for a while without any problems and this shouldnt affect it all of a sudden....!?!

Thanks
Old 07-12-2004, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: gsr help plz! (dohcVTEChatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcVTEChatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ohh and the car does have a check engine light that I have had forever which is the IAT(Intake air temp).</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's my guess. it could be in open loop...
Old 07-12-2004, 09:24 AM
AMG
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: gsr help plz! (dantastic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dantastic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that's my guess. it could be in open loop... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Open loop?

Sorry not familiar with the phrase.

Also why would it all of a sudden come into affect now?

Ohh and just out of curisosity, After running your car to normal operating temperature, Is your intake tubing supposed to be hot? I always figured it was supposed to be b/c it is aluminum.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: gsr help plz! (dohcVTEChatch)

I would have to agree it's the IAT. If the sensor is really bad or there is an atual fault your ECU will make your car go into a "limp" mode to make sure it dosen't damage it's self.
I finally replaced my IAT and did notice the engine had better pickup and overall performance. Granted the ******* IAT-CEL came on again and I didn't really notice the decrease but I'm sure it's there....

The sensor is like $60 from a dealer, so I would just go that route... I gotta re-wire mine...
Old 07-12-2004, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: gsr help plz! (Grimm)

IAT is only $30 at my honda dealer.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:20 PM

Default Re: gsr help plz! (Phatch99)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phatch99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IAT is only $30 at my honda dealer. </TD></TR></TABLE>

uh good for you....