Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

gsr harness in ek

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gsr harness in ek

my freind just bought a 96 ex coupe and he has a hacked up factory harness. well i have a extra obd2 gsr harness i was wondering if it would fit so i could hook him up. he is kinda new to the scene. so trying to help him out.

p.s. he traded for 88 camaro. it is a 96 ex coupe, 97 gsr harness
Old 07-10-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: gsr harness in ek (GSR-TRBO-DA)

bump
Old 07-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: gsr harness in ek (GSR-TRBO-DA)

96 ex has d-series motor(single cam), not sure but probably non v-tec, your gsr however is a dual cam v-tec, so i am almost positive it won't work, that is if the ex doesn't have an engine swap atleast. hope it helps, if you get a chance, Please look out the thread " my car keeps cutting out! Why!! " atleast bump it because I'm trial and can't afford to waste posts on bumping it. if you have any input on it please just put it in I NEED ANSWERS! This would help a lot thank you.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: gsr harness in ek (del sol b18c)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by del sol b18c &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">96 ex has d-series motor(single cam), not sure but probably non v-tec, your gsr however is a dual cam v-tec, so i am almost positive it won't work, that is if the ex doesn't have an engine swap atleast. hope it helps, if you get a chance, Please look out the thread " my car keeps cutting out! Why!! " atleast bump it because I'm trial and can't afford to waste posts on bumping it. if you have any input on it please just put it in I NEED ANSWERS! This would help a lot thank you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude, its wires, and wires will always work if you complete the circuit, if you have no idea what your talking about, please don't post.

And don't steal others' posts, its rude.

How bad is it hacked? If your just missing clips repair it, many people run into wiring nightmares after trying to transplant a harness from another car. Unless it is extremely needed (IE harness started on fire or something) I would rape the GSR harness for clips, and run wires for sensors you do not have and need for you swap.

Every Honda harness is essentially the same, minus a few sensors and the obvious PCM plug differences between generations. (easily fixed with a jumper harness)
Old 07-10-2007, 03:33 PM

the ex harness is a 1 piece harness while the gsr is 2 piece harness which wont work in your coupe
Old 07-10-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: (b20beast978)

two peice harness? how it does it seperate the 96 ex civic harness is kinda fucked. The guy who owned the car before decided that he wanted to put in a kill switch that ran off the driverside powerwindow cuttoff switch, for the passenger window. ( the little switch on the driver door panel that says OFF, above the window rolldown switch) he hacked the ground up for the thermostat to accomidate the kill switch. the harness that i have is off a 97 gsr it is disconnected at the fusebox in the engine compartment. that is why i thought it might fit if not i'm stuck wiring it for him cause im such a good freind...lol... but if not then it is what it is, just trying to help him out he wants the car to work for him. just trying to get it running better. It has a rough idle and bogs but i wanted to know if it would work before i help him tackle other stuff on the car. thanx for your feedback!!
Old 07-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GSR-TRBO-DA)

You can modify the GSR harness to work, but it would be much easier to buy an OBD2A ex civic harness. I used to pick them up whenever I would find them for sale in the market place. I used them for swaps all the time. That would be your best bet. They're only about 100-150.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (3 Dough)

I forgot to mention the main difference between the two harness' is the plug on the drivers side shock tower. This is the most difficult to re-wire (if you're going that route). The ECU side of the harness can be manipulated to work very easily.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: (3 Dough)

cool ill just try to see how bad it really is before i really get into it thanx for your feedback

good to know someone is out there with helpful knowledge!!!

JJJJJJ DDDD MMMM FFFOOORRR LLLIIIFFFEEE!!!!!!!!