Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

GSR brake conversion..need help plz how to install??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSR brake conversion..need help plz how to install??

im plannin to do a gsr brake conversion to my eg i have the parts but i just dunt know how to install it and how to install the rear brake lines..any advice on wut i should do? or should i just take it to a shop n have them do it for me?
Old 05-22-2006, 10:43 PM

Out of every

Default Re: GSR brake conversion..need help plz how to install?? (EG-tofu)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/642479

civic/delsol FAQ'S at the top of this forum > noobs
Old 05-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

For mine (which I just finished yesterday)all I had to do was undo all 5 bolts on the trailing arm and undo the brake line, then just bolt up the rear disc setup. to get the cables done I had to take the exhaust off as well as the heat shield. It was fairly simple but extremely time-consuming....due to a couple of stubborn bolts and doing the entire process on my own with the exception bleeding the brakes. It truely is a bolt on deal just have a very good 1/2" drive socket set and maybe a breaker bar.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:58 PM

Default Re: GSR brake conversion..need help plz how to install?? (broketuner-egb16a)

the trailing arm is that bar that connects to the camber am i correct or tats sumthing else? and also the stock brake line should fit onto the gsr calipers in the front rite?, do i need an air gun tool? also for the rear, how do i connect the brake lines frum the gsr to the stock ones?
Old 05-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I only did the rears on mine. But the the soft line from the caliper has enough length to get to the hard line on the chasis (trust me when I say it is truely a bolt on affair). I didn't need any airtools just a shitload of liquid wrench and a good breaker bar .
Old 05-22-2006, 11:15 PM

Default Re: GSR brake conversion..need help plz how to install?? (broketuner-egb16a)

ok cool thanks man Ima go try it out next week wen i have the entire week off lolz, i'll keep u guyz posted on wuts up. Oh also how do i bleed the rear brakes?

Modified by EG-tofu at 12:44 AM 5/23/2006
Old 05-23-2006, 12:04 AM

read the diy's they are actually better than trying to explain on here b/c most of the time, they answer all your questions already so you don't need to post and wait for answers...plus the search tool is also very helpful if you're new here...
Old 05-23-2006, 12:06 AM

did you not see the link that guy posted up there. damn i never diss newbs but you suck. i clicked that link cuz i was curious and found exactly what you are looking for

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=820484
Old 05-23-2006, 01:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Honda Civic DX Guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Honda Civic DX Guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did you not see the link that guy posted up there. damn i never diss newbs but you suck. i clicked that link cuz i was curious and found exactly what you are looking for

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=820484</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-23-2006, 01:46 AM

Default Re: (Honda Civic DX Guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Honda Civic DX Guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did you not see the link that guy posted up there. damn i never diss newbs but you suck. i clicked that link cuz i was curious and found exactly what you are looking for

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=820484</TD></TR></TABLE>

^^ just say so to nooB on nooB crime
Old 05-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG-tofu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok cool thanks man Ima go try it out next week wen i have the entire week off lolz, i'll keep u guyz posted on wuts up. Oh also how do i bleed the rear brakes?
Modified by EG-tofu at 12:44 AM 5/23/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

same as you would bleed the fronts! have someone in the caqr to pump up& hold preassure on the pedal and another opening/closing the bleeder valves. Just remeber to do it in the right order:RR, LR, RF, LF(You want to start farthest away from the MC/booster and work your way to it)
Old 05-23-2006, 10:27 PM

that website did help but didnt explain much on the process of hookin up the brake lines. on mine, it seemed like the brake line that suppose to connect with the stock brake line has been cut off but the bolt is there. does any of you guys know how to hook this on? (rear brakes). Also one part of the rear trailing arm where you have two holes sticking out of its side to bolt on to the chassis i think is kinda cracked not sure if its normal, its like rubber or something.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just curious about which Master Cylinder you used, Did you get a 15/16 MC and booster off an 90-93 Integra? Or did you get an aftermarket 15/16 master cylinder that bolted directly up to your stock booster?

As for the crack, I'd replace it if it were broken. And if a line is cut, you might need a new one.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:16 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG-tofu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that website did help but didnt explain much on the process of hookin up the brake lines. on mine, it seemed like the brake line that suppose to connect with the stock brake line has been cut off but the bolt is there. does any of you guys know how to hook this on? (rear brakes). Also one part of the rear trailing arm where you have two holes sticking out of its side to bolt on to the chassis i think is kinda cracked not sure if its normal, its like rubber or something.</TD></TR></TABLE>

work on your communication skills man. there's two different types of "brake lines" there's the (1) e-brake cable lines and then there's the (2)hydraulic lines.

which ones are you talking about?? hell, it doesnt matter. For both you cant use your stock eg lines. they wont work and are incompatible. You will need the lines from the donor gsr or go buy replacements if you no longer have access to the vehicle.

drum brake soft hydraulic lines have a female straight end on them and disc soft hydraulic lines have banjo fittings.

The rear disc e-brake lines are normally longer for the calipers and have a different mounting bracket setup as well.

here's a really old write-up I did when I first started doing rear disc conversions:
http://www.geocities.com/_nitr....html

I think I'm just going to have to go back and relocate all my old pics for my x-into-y brakes thread....too many people just have no clue on the slight differences on these parts.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:03 AM

Default Re: GSR brake conversion..need help plz how to install?? (stackz)

hey thanks that diagram of the brake lines really helped, but yea that bushing in the center of the trailing arm is a little cracked though..the brakes lines for the gsr i do have, it came with it when i bought the parts. found out today that the hard line from the original car was cut not the soft line, so i could use that.