Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

GSR (B18C1) into a Sol. Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSR (B18C1) into a Sol. Questions...

i blew a two rod bearings in my D16Y8 in my 97 del sol last weekend. Right now it's at the shop getting a heart transplant in the form of a B18C1 from a 2000 GSR w/ 19K miles.

Are there any problems that I should be aware of with this swap(it's a complete swap -engine/tranny/ecu/axles/etc....)? what kind of things should Ikeep an eye on - ex: extra weight of the engine leading to handling issues/spring wear? i've got neuspeed sport springs w/ tokico blues, both fairly new

I got a really good deal on the engine (almost TOO good.... let's just say it's good enough to make me nervous that something might be seriously wrong with the engine/tranny....) and I'm getting it back on Tuesday. It's still costing a buttload of money and I hoping and PRAYING that this thing doesn't POP on the way home or something... i'd puke for a week if this happened.....

What should i look for on the paperwork included with the engine? I'm completely new to the swap game so I'm trying to NOT get into big trouble before I start and have this turn into a money pit. i've asked for compression and leakdown tests, paperwork to prove it's not stolen - don't know how to tell if this is fake...-, and a milage document - again, how can you spot a fake?

The guy doing the work is an EXTREMELY honest guy (he ACTUALLY told me NOT to spend more money on skunk2 cams, cam gears, etc... and to enjoy the car as it is for a while!!!! he could have EASILY gotten another couple of hundred bucks for this!) I know a couple of his customers and they all gave him super thumbs up so i'm not worried about him being dishonest, it's the engine i'm jumpy about.

sorry for all of the questions but i'm just about sick thinking of spending several thousand dollars and getting burned......