Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

GRRR... Rear lip burnt by exhaust. What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GRRR... Rear lip burnt by exhaust. What to do?

Ok so I installed the JDM itr catback system today. The muffler tip came out to be a little short so I figured it would be no big deal. I get my car home and I notice my rear lip has melted. What do I do? Can I heat it back up and mold it back? Should I just dremel off the melted part? Car is a EBP EM1.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GRRR... Rear lip burnt by exhaust. What to do? (sinatra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sinatra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I get my car home and I notice my rear lip has melted. What do I do? Can I heat it back up and mold it back?.</TD></TR></TABLE>

your an idiot
Old 04-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: GRRR... Rear lip burnt by exhaust. What to do? (blue i)

i think that you have to buy a new one.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blue i &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

your an idiot </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you for that lovely feedback. That doesn't really help out much now does it. Crawl back under the bridge you crawled out from troll.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:48 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blue i &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

your an idiot </TD></TR></TABLE>

That is not helpful information. Next time you open your vagina to flame some one make sure that what you have to say is at least some what humorous.

Back OT, if I were you I would make a heat shield out of alumminum or if you have access to it CF. It will be functional and cover the melted part of the lip.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:51 PM

Default Re: GRRR... Rear lip burnt by exhaust. What to do? (JDM-97CX)

K. What I am probably going to do is tomorrow morning remove the lip and drive down to have the exhaust lengthened. Thing is I drove with the exhaust too short for two days and nothing happend to it. Today I drove home like 20 minutes and it melted it. Kinda strange. Fortunately it is only slightly metled and it is not noticeable from lookng at the bumper. I was just looking at the tip under my car and noticed the lip was hanging a little bit mroe than usual .
Old 04-14-2004, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im sorry it seems as if i hurt your feelings..i apologize and a to your e-thug bodyguard

back to topic...your lip is gone..but you could take it off sand it down and like this kid said

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-97CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
make a heat shield out of alumminum or if you have access to it CF. It will be functional and cover the melted part of the lip.</TD></TR></TABLE>

and shorten the piping dont have the exhaust stick out so much and come so close to the lip
Old 04-14-2004, 04:54 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sinatra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">K. What I am probably going to do is tomorrow morning remove the lip and drive down to have the exhaust lengthened. Thing is I drove with the exhaust too short for two days and nothing happend to it. Today I drove home like 20 minutes and it melted it. Kinda strange. Fortunately it is only slightly metled and it is not noticeable from lookng at the bumper. I was just looking at the tip under my car and noticed the lip was hanging a little bit mroe than usual . </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm serious dude. Make a heat shield. Get a piece of aluminum and rivet it on. It will work great.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Might want to try a heat gun before buying a new one.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blue i &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im sorry it seems as if i hurt your feelings..i apologize and a to your e-thug bodyguard

back to topic...your lip is gone..but you could take it off sand it down and like this kid said

and shorten the piping dont have the exhaust stick out so much and come so close to the lip
</TD></TR></TABLE>

he did deserve it, that was pretty boneheaded. Unless you have a plastic molding factory, it's hard to somehow reheat the rear lip and then mold it back to it's original form.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:56 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blue i &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im sorry it seems as if i hurt your feelings..i apologize and a to your e-thug bodyguard..you poeple are way too sensitive

</TD></TR></TABLE>

First off you were the e-thug. I posted back because you are a moron not because I am anyone's body guard.

Second, his lip is NOT gone. Get your facts straight before you post. He does not have to sand it down, all he has to do is get his exhaust lengthened and leave it be or make a heat shield.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:58 PM

Default Re: GRRR... Rear lip burnt by exhaust. What to do? (civicmon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicmon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

he did deserve it, that was pretty boneheaded. Unless you have a plastic molding factory, it's hard to somehow reheat the rear lip and then mold it back to it's original form.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh yea, because no one on the planet has EVER meted a bumper with their exhaust before. Why do you think heat shields for the rear bumper were made? They sure as hell weren't intended for so dumb ricer with stock exhaust who thinks it looks cool.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-97CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Second, his lip is NOT gone. Get your facts straight before you post. He does not have to sand it down, all he has to do is get his exhaust lengthened and leave it be or make a heat shield.</TD></TR></TABLE>

he said his
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sinatra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">rear lip has melted.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-14-2004, 05:04 PM

I'm aware that he said his rear lip has melted. But he also said that you cannot see the damage unless you are under the vehicle. This means that the damage is not that bad. This also means that you can't read and should spend a bit more time reading all of the posts before you try and look intelligent.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok smart *** i made that post right when he did
Old 04-14-2004, 05:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blue i &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok smart *** i made that post right when he did</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF are you talking about? He posted about the damage not being very visable quite a while before you last post. So you cannot use your time of post as an excuse for you lack of comprehension skill.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

he stated you cant see the damage in his second post and look who posted right after him
Old 04-14-2004, 05:48 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blue i &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">he stated you cant see the damage in his second post and look who posted right after him</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea two minutes after him. In that two minutes you could have read what he posted. I don't see how you can use that as a defense.

And BTW it was his 3rd post.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

****, I'll say just let it melt what it's going to melt and leave it.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:52 PM

Ok. Dremeled off the burnt area. Problem solved, looks like nothing ever happend. Now to get to the cause.

JDM-97CX thank you for your ideas and input.

Civicmon this site is not intended to ridule those who make mistakes, even when boneheaded, it is to help people.

Blue I, didn't hurt my feelings. I was only responding to you in a way you would understand, rudely.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:54 PM

Default Re: GRRR... Rear lip burnt by exhaust. What to do? (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">****, I'll say just let it melt what it's going to melt and leave it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

What an excellent idea. I wonder if that is a good theory to use with my pistons as well.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:34 PM
rxse7n

And FYI blue i, "your an idiot" is actually "you're an idiot!"
Old 04-14-2004, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rxse7n)

buy a new one and USE DOUBLE SIDED TAPE!