Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Ground control coilovers with agx struts and srr lca problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ground control coilovers with agx struts and srr lca problems

I recently installed ground control coilovers and agx struts all around along with ssr rear control arms and new bolts in the back. When i did this swap i started out with lowering springs and stock struts which blew out not soon after i lowered the car , but when i went in to do this swap i noticed all the things in the back that have bushings were all shot , the arm that bolt to the frame that affects camber was totally ripped and i could turn the metal inside part with ease, its not longer connected, and also the part that run towards the front of the car has a busging that looks like an engine mount that seems ripped up to? Is this from lowering wihth bad struts or are these normal wear ? Can these bushings be reaplced or do i need the whole metal parts and all? Also since i did this swap i noticed the car still feels very rough when i hit bumps with the agx's om setting 1 and the cars tends to bouce alot on the highway. I had a 4 door ef with agx's and stock springs and it road smoother than any other honda i ever road in so i figured thats how this would be but its not , and i dont even have the car lowered , i have it at stock ride height until i get some camber kits and new tires. One other point i wanted to ask about was does anyone else have this setup with the srr control arms , mine come dangerously close if not actually contacting the rear strut mounting point , i dont want these things getting gashed up or maybe they just have very little clearance. Well anyways i hope someone can give me some advice , sorry about the long post.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Ground control coilovers with agx struts and srr lca problems (hybridtuner23)

bump..
Old 12-13-2004, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ground control coilovers with agx struts and srr lca problems (hybridtuner23)

**** paragraphs and knowing the names of parts is help full,

i had the same combo a while back its not the setup falt mine was fine