Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ground control coilover help

i dunno if this helps but on the springs it says

on two of them 219710
gc 180.64.44

on the other two 197225
gc 200.64.58

i tried calling ground control and he was no help and eibach couldnt help either

okay so i bought these ground control coilovers for my 00 civic....i realize there are two sets...meaning two match up for the front and two match up for the rear...they are both the same size but the spring rates are going to be obviously different...my question is i would want the stiffer ones in the front right? for the weight of the motor? and the softer ones in the rear cuz of less weight?

reason behind my question is because i had the coilovers installed and noticed that there is a soft and a stiff one up front and a soft and stiff one in the rear...meaning the spring are not gonna wear right and its not meant to be that way....please help me so i can have it done tomorrow...thanks...

im sure sombody has ground controls on a 92-00 civic....they are all the same...please help guys
Old 05-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the 200 goes in the front and the 180 are in the rear. as u can see, the springs might be the same size but two are shorter than the other two. use the 200 in front because they're stiffer and the 180 in rear because they're softer.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lilo_goki)

thank you so much....i was almost 100% sure the stiff went in the front....thank you i will have them switched tomorrow....thanks again
Old 05-06-2008, 07:26 PM
MiG-21 superfan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: ground control coilover help (jr000)

can you please tell me what ground control told you when you called? also, eibach?? i can't see them not solving this simple issue for you.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ground control coilover help (builthatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by builthatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can you please tell me what ground control told you when you called? also, eibach?? i can't see them not solving this simple issue for you.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2, the guys at gc know their **** and I couldnt imagine them not knowing this
Old 05-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ground control coilover help (mikeycivic)

yeah even i know what the numbers mean (IIRC)
and i know the info is on google and this site

lbs/in.size.height
Old 05-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gc should've just answer it simple. even i could answer it myself, maybe they were just being an ***.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lilo_goki)

okay i order the coilover kit brand new from a ebay dealer...i called up ground control and told them my question....he said "i dont deal with ebay you will have to talk to who you bought them from" i said "but it is your company that makes them" he said but you didnt buy them from us...so i said "so your telling me you cant help me cuz i didnt but from you" he said "no"....probably the last time i deal with ground control...and i looked at the instructions and nowhere it them does it say which spring goes in front or rear....

ground control ftl....good product but service sucks....guy was a dick the whole time and didnt help me one bit....i even asked if he could just look it up by vehicle and said no unless i bought from them...so i either had to get ahold of the ebay dealer which would pry not get back to me or find out on my own.....
Old 05-07-2008, 05:43 AM
MiG-21 superfan

Default Re: (jr000)

haha...

that's actually humorous. it's because ground control is so freakin pissed off, just like every other manufacturer, that people ***** their stuff on ebay. ebay is a real problem for this industry, i mean, a REAL problem. it's to such a stature that many companies can't afford R&D and stuff like they used to because their products have been devalued so much and many of the legit customers stop selling it because there is no margin for them anymore.

if you want perfromance parts from one of these manufacturers, buy them from an authorized dealer. this way, you have recourse if there is any sort of problem.
GC didn't mean you had to buy them from them, literally, but they mean't they will offer support if you bought them from a legit dealer.

there is more to this world than saving a couple bucks. case in point.....

good for them, man. i am applauding that you had troubles, but i am applauding the fact that GC stands up for themselves amongst all this bullshit.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (builthatch)

i understand where your are coming from...but either way they are making the money from the product...companies buy from them no matter what....yes they may be pissed off about me not buying from somebody who deals them but i still dont see why he had to be a dick about it....i work for cooper tire...if somebody were to come in a say i bought this tire from somebody i know and we had no file on them i wouldnt refuse them to tell them what is wrong with the tire or where to put it on the vehicle....make since?
Old 05-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

guy was probably being a dick cause you could've found the answer on your own by searching google..took me about 4 seconds to find it

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28390

the "internets" is an amazing thing.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:14 AM
MiG-21 superfan

i hate to continue off topic, but i have to address this because this type of thing is what pays my bills....ebay BS directly effects my career and my life.

You bring up an interesting point. Yes, they did make money on the original sale, but the problem is the ebay end sale. The end sale is what truly hurts them. there are several legitimate dealers all across the continent who look at the ebay auctions, and see that they can't compete with that low ebay price. So what do they do? Stop buying from their warehouse distributor OR from Ground Control. The warehouse distributor sees this trend, and stops buying as much Ground Control for warehouse stock to supply the shops. The orders from the big warehouses dwindle and dwindle, and eventually the business is down to almost nothing with these HUGE accounts, and the product's end value has dropped 25-30% or more via Ebay sales. This is good for the short term, for these ebay guys, but what they don't realize is that eventually the product will be worth nothing, or, what happens usually before it gets to that point, is that the manufacturer goes out of business because of the following...

these Ebay sellers typically are legitimate in some capacity, either they have a shop, or they are a distributor, and they sell mounds and mounds of product on Ebay. HUGE volume under some masked ebay name. The manufacturer sees this volume, thinking it's being sold through the legitimate means, and rewards the account with deeper discounts. The account then takes product that is meant to be sold for a certain profit margin, and undercuts everyone else even more, making the product price even lower, and making it impossible for anyone else to compete. This even happens between ebay sellers; you'll see 3 or 4 ebay sellers doing this, so, not only are they cutting traditional legit outfits out of the sale, they are even cutting their own throats to make 5 or 10% on the sale.

There are several companies with good names who have gone down this road and either gone out of business, or are really fighting to stay alive because of this trend on ebay. I know this to be fact!

the point of the story is, by denying you help, and being stern about it, they are doing everyone a favor, trust me. i know it sucks, and i know you didn't go into this looking for trouble, but if they and other manufacturers deny tech help and warranty stuff to ebay buyers, people will be more apt to buy from legitimate sources. thus, the product will be able to be sold for what it's supposed to be sold for, and the companies can sell more because the legit outlets can compete, and the companies have more money to put into developing products without having to cut corners.

i am glad you got the info you needed from us and the web, but i really hope you and everyone else who reads this thinks twice about buying a new product from ebay instead of legitimate points of resale/distribution.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (builthatch)

/\ i completely agree with you dont get me wrong...it was just the fact that it is their product to begin with....if i were to contact the ebay store htey most likey would have just call gc....owell...

moral of story...buy directly from dealer not ebay...dont save money when you can spend more. also never ask gc for help if you didnt buy it from them or a dealer....ha

thanks for the help though guys...
Old 05-07-2008, 05:42 PM
MiG-21 superfan

well, we are here to help no matter what
Old 05-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My name is Jay from GC. I am using Trevors screen name because I changed my email.

Here is the deal. Nobody at GC is really TRYING to be an ***, but the original poster raised about 5 red flags.
The spring rates, and where they are supposed to be installed on the car, are written on EVERY INVOICE, and EVERY BOX.
So think about from our point of view....everytime somebody calls, and asks "which spring goes where?", we instantly know that A. He does not have the invoice. B. He does not have the box.

So now, we are dealing with a used kit, or a FAKE GC kit, bought from ebay, with no instructions etc. etc.

Look, if you buy a kit from TH or a legit GC dealer, we will help you all day long, and we do. In order to provide customer support to LEGITIMATE sales, we have to be extremely brief with all the used kits, fake parts, "the seller said it would fit my car", and all the other stuff we hear all day long.

So, thanks to all the guys who understand how hard it is to answer the phone at GC, and don't forget the secret Honda-tech kits on our website.

Jay Morris
Old 05-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GroundControlTrevor)

What are these secret HT kits?
Old 05-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (datssoled)

I agree with Jay. I ordered my kit through weaksos, paid next to nothing for the authentic part because GC kits are so cheap for the high quality you get, and I had detailed instructions on what to put where, and the rates were written on my box. I was very happy.

GC FTW.