Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Greddy Evo2 too loud, Fix it ticket, what to do know?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 02:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy Evo2 too loud, Fix it ticket, what to do now?

As the title emplies, I was driving home last night and got pulled over for an "inadequate muffler". I live in wisconsin, and everyone I know has loud cars, but this is besides the point.

My main question is what do I do now? I asked the officer what exactly he wanted replaced and he said just the muffler. I thought this was a little funny since I have a megan racing heading and a full catback Greddy Evo2 Exhaust..

So I guess I'm in the market for a new muffler, but what the heck will fit on the piping from this exhaust?! I was thinking that maybe a Greddy Sp2 muffler would possibly fit and would be much quieter, but I can't find just the muffler portion on sale anywhere? Does anybody know where I can find one of these. I think this would be the only thing that would fit the piping I have on there now.

Questions...
1. Will it fit?
2. Where can I find it?
3. What are other possible options without buying a complete exhaust system, since that can get quite pricey?!

Thanks in advance for any help with this problem.
Patrick

Last edited by patrickvertigo; 01-16-2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-12-2010, 03:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Greddy Evo2 too loud, Fix it ticket, what to do know?

What did you do with your old exhaust? this is the exact same reason why i still have all my original parts of my car when i replace them with aftermarket ones. Cops can be dicks and really dont care if u have megan headers or a full catback. Since everyone you know has loud cars then im guessing one of them might have the same car you do? maybe they still have theirs laying around someonewhere.. thats the cheapest route i think.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

for real? too loud? lol **** that cop musta been ****in with you or something i had the same setup ***** quiet compared to some of the stuff other people got on the road like you said
Old 01-12-2010, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the best answer to this question is to call the officer and tell him to lick the underside of you rballs. then replace with stock and then swap it back out later
Old 01-12-2010, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have this same ticket. except my exhaust is quiet and he still didnt let me go.. i say if your going to court for this, replace your stock axleback and take a picture.
when you get to court give the judge the picture and hopefully s/he will let you go =]
Old 01-12-2010, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i got fix it ticket when i had my ebay exhaust.

just put your stock axle back on, take it to your local exhaust shop or inspection station and tell them to sign off your ticket. they will do a visual check and then sign it.

my guy didn't even bother looking. he said he "hates these tickets because as long as your muffler isn't annoying other people, there shouldn't be a point"
Old 01-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't have any of my stock exhaust, it wasn't salvageable. Full of rust and was actually louder than my setup is now. I've had this exhaust on my car since February 2006.

Also, I should have actually told what car I drive. It is a 96 civic lx.

Will a stock muffler bolt up to the 2+" piping that the greddy exhaust came with?

Also, my other question was if a Greddy Sp2 muffler would quiet it down even more than it is now? Will it fit were the last section of the Evo2 was without modding?? Another question, is it possible to buy just the Sp2 muffler new without buying the entire catback exhaust over again, since I have all the other piping? (Assuming the same piping can be used with it..)

I know that I will have to prove that I put a stock muffler back on, but I might want a lower profile setup after this is over with so it doesn't happen again.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:33 PM

check your laws there should be a certain db level it can be it. i ****ing hate when cops are dicks like that
Old 01-12-2010, 10:03 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

i have a friend selling a tanabe if your down othere then that bring the carb leage expt tag take a pictuer of it and a db test and fight it i always do that and win
Old 01-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am kinda set on an Sp2 if it will fit correctly. That way I will not have to weld or buy any new piping. I also know that it is probably one of the quietest performance mufflers out there. I just need to find one to buy new without buying the entire catback. I just want the last muffler section. That should be an easy fix and not nearly as obnoxious as the evo2's look with 4.5" tip..
Old 01-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 01-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Does anybody know if the last section of a GReddy Sp2 exhaust system (section where the muffler is) will fit where the last section of a GReddy Evo2 should go? This is on a 4-door 96 civic LX. Engine is a d16y7, manual tranny. This would eliminate me buying the entire catback exhaust over again. Might as well reuse the piping if it is the same.. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I may be getting this exhaust. Hope I don't have to worry about that down here in Florida. Also, I don't really want anything too loud. I'm going to try and find a clip on you tube so I get an idea how loud it is.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by osubuckeys
I may be getting this exhaust. Hope I don't have to worry about that down here in Florida. Also, I don't really want anything too loud. I'm going to try and find a clip on you tube so I get an idea how loud it is.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2035530

This is a great archive of clips.

The GReddy Sp2 is a pretty quite performance exhaust. That is was I'm trying to figure out. If it will fit on my Evo2 catback. I like my evo2, it is just a little too loud. It's a very deep tone though.