Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

great way to pass emissions!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great way to pass emissions!

well, my 96civic is running an obd2-1 conversion, entire car is wired obd1 so i was scared to deatht ot take my cart in for emision. i was told if they cant communicate with your car, tehn they put it on the rollers. my jun3s, 310 injectors, and 12:1 bottomend really arent the greatest for passing. so i took it in there with like no timing, a bottle of alcohol, a cat, and a p06 ecu
long story short, took it down there ready to be sniffed. they plugged in and instantly their computer screen started going nuts and flashing. they reset it 3times becuase it kept freezing. called a manager over and he couldnt explain it. so i passed!!!! anyone else have a similar story?

feel great about this, and i got 2days of nasa to look forward to this weekend!
Old 10-24-2003, 01:26 PM

Default Re: great way to pass emissions! (b20bastard)

They failed me for, because their computer cant communicate with my P13 ecu. I am also converted from obd2>1.

I dont know why they just passed you. That baffles me.

What state are you from?
Old 10-24-2003, 01:51 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: great way to pass emissions! (junglerunna02)

delaware is the same way. my friend has an S15 in his 97 240 and it isnt going to pass in august. will be interesting to see what happens.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:58 PM

Default Re: great way to pass emissions! (boostedcivicsir)

there is a product that u put into ur gas tank and the company guarantee's that u will pass the emissions ...... if u don't pass they will give u ur money back... u should give it a try.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:00 PM

Default Re: great way to pass emissions! (Navid OG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Navid OG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there is a product that u put into ur gas tank and the company guarantee's that u will pass the emissions ...... if u don't pass they will give u ur money back... u should give it a try.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Never heard of this. Do you know who makes it, and what it is you are putting in your car?
Old 10-24-2003, 02:00 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Navid OG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there is a product that u put into ur gas tank and the company guarantee's that u will pass the emissions ...... if u don't pass they will give u ur money back... u should give it a try.</TD></TR></TABLE>

and what product is this?
Old 10-24-2003, 02:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedcivicsir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">delaware is the same way. my friend has an S15 in his 97 240 and it isnt going to pass in august. will be interesting to see what happens.</TD></TR></TABLE>

When I took my car before August in New Jersey, they put my car on the dyno with the sniffer, to get a reading for emissions. After that I hooked up my EGR and went back, but I didn't get around to go to emission station until like last month in September. That was when they tried to connect to my computer. So now Im screwed. Oh well.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:03 PM

Default Re: great way to pass emissions! (PotatoePAPA)

MY 1990 Integra GS with 225k miles on it failed emissions three times. I got that additive from autozone in the fuel additive section. I filled her up with 93, poured in the additive, and strolled out with my sticker no problems. It was nice.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:15 PM

Default Re: great way to pass emissions! (fOmaNPu)

THE PRoduct you guys are referrring to is called "garunteed to pass"
Old 10-24-2003, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont think there's anything u can put in a gas tank that will make an obd2 diagnostic computer communicate with an obd1 ecu
Old 10-24-2003, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: great way to pass emissions! (dantastic)

A little trick I learned was dumping a gallon of lacquer thinner in your gas tank. Had a 2nd gen Integra that just would not want to pass emissions. Poured a full gallon of thinner into 1/4 tank of gas (without spilling it on the paint) and drove her over to the DMV and passed with flying colors.

DISCLAIMER: Would I try this on a car that I care about? Ummmm, that would be a negative. Don't know what sort of damage this does to the motor, so do some research before attempting this.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:29 PM

Default Re: great way to pass emissions! (dantastic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dantastic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i dont think there's anything u can put in a gas tank that will make an obd2 diagnostic computer communicate with an obd1 ecu </TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct. There is no way around it, except going to a private place.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:31 PM

Default Re: great way to pass emissions! (Lynx)

"Guaranteed to Pass Emissions Test Formula restores your entire fuel system to like new condition. It doesn't "cheat" or "fool" state emissions tests. This unique formula contains the maximum allowable cleaning chemistry to reduce carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, and emissions. Cleans carburetors, fuel injectors, intake valves, and removes harmful gum and varnish deposits. Pass your state emissions test¿ guaranteed!"

http://www.xkms.org/AutoBarn.c...).htm
Old 10-24-2003, 03:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Navid OG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"Guaranteed to Pass Emissions Test Formula restores your entire fuel system to like new condition. It doesn't "cheat" or "fool" state emissions tests. This unique formula contains the maximum allowable cleaning chemistry to reduce carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, and emissions. Cleans carburetors, fuel injectors, intake valves, and removes harmful gum and varnish deposits. Pass your state emissions test¿ guaranteed!"

your car has to be somewhat close to stock. or else they wont give you your money back.. but it did get rid of my cel in my sentra for a few days.

http://www.xkms.org/AutoBarn.c...).htm</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-24-2003, 03:03 PM

Default Re: great way to pass emissions! (jazz215)

so it wont work for done up cars?
Old 10-24-2003, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the product they sell at autozone is called berryman's emmissions pass. it works well. but keep in mind that you will need to dump it in the tank, fill up and then use like 3/4 of the tank before you test.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:38 PM

Default Re: great way to pass emissions! (akumaracer)

dont know how it is by you but in NY i jus pay $100 and i get my sticker
....emmisions, whats that????
Old 10-24-2003, 10:00 PM
AMG
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: great way to pass emissions! (1993sir)

ahhhhh its damn good to live in Florida........
Old 10-24-2003, 10:05 PM

Default Re: great way to pass emissions! (dohcVTEChatch)

i heard that some stuff called ISO-HEET works real well...and that GTP stuff sucks...i tried ISO HEET for my test, but i with a jacked up TPS SETTING nothing can help you pass....
Old 10-25-2003, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: great way to pass emissions! (b20bastard)

same **** happened to me ,
i have a chipped p28 and it was on the rollers
and computer kept getting errors
and they just passed me

Default Re: great way to pass emissions! (1993sir)

I had a similar problem in NC. I put my 97 Ls computer in the car, but still didn't pass b/c my seconday o2 heater circuit wasn't working. Took out my cup holder and plugged in a different o2 sensor and let it out of the exhaust and passed. It basicaly just checks to see if the sensors are working correctly. They don't sniff on OBD II up and they don't put our cars on rollers where I live.
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: great way to pass emissions! (degooser)

this really sucks for you guys. I used to live in cali. Smog **** that. I used to just pay 100 bux and my buddy would pass anythign wit just a header on. Well now im living in WA and lets see not rollers...do engine code checks...no carb mubers...no exhaust probing....no ecu checking...nothing...just pay your money get your sticker i passed and nobody even looked at the vin of my car second RHD cars are super easy to reg up her lil fyi (this is to my best knowledge...don't quote me on it)
Old 10-25-2003, 03:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

every day i am more and more thankful that there are no smog sniffers in hawaii
Old 10-25-2003, 05:06 AM

There's one problem with the "magic emissions passer gas tank liquid" it's not just your exhaust that says yes I passed smog. Your ecu is obviously diagnostically checked and they will most definitely check your idle/rpms. I could see this magic juice working only if it were the exhaust indeed that caused the initial problem.

Old 10-25-2003, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Tell your friend to try using a Sentra/200sx SE-R ECU,... it's OBD2 compliant and it should activate the OBD2 plug. It's worth a shot... the SR20DE ecu should crank up the DET motor.

Quick Reply: great way to pass emissions!