Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

government seized car auto auctions....civics for cheeeep

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2002, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default government seized car auto auctions....civics for cheeeep

has anyone bought a civic from one of these "government seized auto auctions"? like ive heard that ppl can buy 96' hondas from like $1000 or something. sounds too good to be true.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: government seized car auto auctions....civics for cheeeep (lilxvtecxpwr)

No, I have not bought a civic from a government auction because I'm a minor, but I like to do research and find stuff. The government is always having auctions that were seized by the IRS, U.S. Marshals, Bankruptcy agencies and such. Here is a link that might help www.usaweb.com/gov.html check it out. Try this site also. www.ustreas.gov/auctions (best one) Also search on excite or yahoo for government auctions and see. Good Luck

[Modified by Alfa95, 1:06 AM 7/15/2002]

[Modified by Alfa95, 1:10 AM 7/15/2002]

[Modified by Alfa95, 1:12 AM 7/15/2002]
Old 07-14-2002, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: government seized car auto auctions....civics for cheeeep (Alfa95)

The next one in TX is on August 14. in El Paso, TX. http://www.treas.gov/auctions/customs/elpaso.html

[Modified by Alfa95, 1:19 AM 7/15/2002]
Old 07-14-2002, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why can't you buy from one if you a minor?
Old 07-14-2002, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: government seized car auto auctions....civics for cheeeep (khoalie)

why can't you buy from one if you a minor?
Dont know. I was really excited to go to the next one in FL, but then I decided to read the terms and it said that to register you have to be 18. I dont know if you can go with a parent or adult. I'll have to call and see.
Old 07-14-2002, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: government seized car auto auctions....civics for cheeeep (lilxvtecxpwr)

my civic is straight from a government siezure. this may very well have been one of the most effective purchases i've made within the last few years. i imagine i could be an exception, however if you think about it, the person driving it before me probably had no idea he was gonna lose it. therefore it was probably maintained properly.

i suppose there is a flipside of that argument:
say someone went delinquint on their payments and knew they were gonna lose it, and in an attempt to screw the lender, dumped some sand in the head or something....

but i believe great deals can be found at auctions. i paid 2200 for my 92 dx hb w/45k, minor door pannel damage, and no antenna. so i think you can definatly score
Old 07-14-2002, 10:58 PM
New User

any of auto auctions....in the east COast
Old 07-14-2002, 11:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: government seized car auto auctions....civics for cheeeep (ElectricBlue13)

The only 2 in the east coast are the one in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and in Edison, NJ.
There isn't one scheduled yet for FL, the one in New Jersey is on July 25 and you can check out this link and look at the cars they have http://www.treas.gov/auctions/customs/edison.html
any of auto auctions....in the east COast
Old 07-14-2002, 11:39 PM

i purchased my 99dx hatch 3800. it was perfect shape and no body damage or frame damage. they are good places to buy cars buy you need license (dealers license- i think) to bid on the cars. i went with a friend of mine.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:45 AM

Default Re: government seized car auto auctions....civics for cheeeep (redsi37)

Search for "surplus" and your state in a search engine... you'll probably find a lot. Some states use a blind auction (you fill out paperwork, send it to the capital and they call you if you win. You won't see the other bids.
Old 07-15-2002, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: government seized car auto auctions....civics for cheeeep (sinister)

i suppose there is a flipside of that argument:
say someone went delinquint on their payments and knew they were gonna lose it, and in an attempt to screw the lender, dumped some sand in the head or something....
Possible? Yes. Likely? Not very. I worked for CarMax's finance company and did my fair share of repossessions. If a car is repossessed and sold, the auction price is deducted from the principle left on the loan and the debtor still owes the remainder. Sabotaging a car like that will only hurt them in the end. Remember, lenders can seize personal property, obtain a lien on your house, or even garnish wages (in certain states) if they get a judgment against you. I got many pissed-off debtors who were trying to sell their house and found out they have to pay us $10,000 PLUS interest before they can sign over the deed to the new owner.

B96v6
Old 07-15-2002, 11:28 AM

Default Re: government seized car auto auctions....civics for cheeeep (PupaScoopa)

I have looked and looked again for auctions in Colorado and have found nothing at all. Can any one help?
thanks