Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

got window 4 drivers door at junkyard, and it does'n have any mounting holes ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 got window 4 drivers door at junkyard, and it does'n have any mounting holes ???

i don't understand?

i was needing a new window for my 90crx, that goes in drivers door cause car was busted into, and i said no to the shop who had window for $399, and instead i searched around and i found a good deal, i got one for $50 at a junkyard, its the same size for my car, and its clean, no cracks or marks and factory tint on it.

i did notice when buying it at the place that there was a bunch of silicone stuff around where the mounting holes would be at the bottom edge, and it was thick, so i just assumed i would get home and scrape all the silicone off and that it would reveal the mounting holes.

but i just started scraping the silicone off one of the hole areas, and its just solid glass there ????, what should i do?, call place i got it at and return it for refund??

i mean is it useless ? or what ?, could i get some type of specialty shop to drill some holes in the glass while keeping it in one piece, and not breaking ???,

or is there some alternative way to install the window without having to have the mounting holes ??

any info or opinions would be appreciated,
thnx
Old 06-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: got window 4 drivers door at junkyard, and it does'n have any mounting holes ???

The are no holes in the glass. It's a mounting bracket like this.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got window 4 drivers door at junkyard, and it does'n have any mounting holes ???

i did just notice that after zooming real close on the pic in the helms manual, i just thought for sure that i saw two holes in the bottom edge of the window from when i last looked at that same pic in the helms, but i was wrong, and thanks for confirming that, so at least i know not to worry about it being a useless window.

when you install the window, do you have to glue it in place into those brackets or something??, i mean, is that why the window i got had all that silicone/glue crap around the rectangular areas where those brackets would of been placed ? ? ?

thanks
Old 06-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, that would be why those silicone/glue are there for.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

is it ok to use just clear silicone adhesive, something like like GOOP? or is there a particular type of thing you should use to adhere the bottom of the window to those brackets ??

thanks