Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Got a ticket tonight.. What to do ? California.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:43 AM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a ticket tonight.. What to do ? California.

I was driving home from a friends house, CRUISING at 40mph getting ready to jump on the ramp to the freeway, then I see blue and red lights... ****. My car looks completely stock too. LS mesh, lowered, front lip, stock exhaust. Nothing else. He pops my hood and busts out folders and catalogs to try to get me for everything he can. Even asks his buddy if he should tow me He ends up after an hour of searchin and looking at my stock engine bay (stock intake, stock headers stock everything )for tickets to give me. He finishes up the ticket.

I got a ticket to see the Ref for my JDM B18C swap in my integra and not having a VIN on the tranny. JDM tranny though, didn't come with a VIN. Anyways what can I do at this point ? I heard theres a fine i can pay and avoid the ref, but its kinda pricey. Or I can legalize it but I don't know how much that'll cost... Any suggestions ?

Old 02-24-2007, 02:47 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Got a ticket tonight.. What to do ? California. (HTNooB)

I think theres at ticket you can pay to avoid the ref, but I'm not sure. Its about 300ish I thnk ?

Can anybody chime in ? Any police officers on the forums ?
Old 02-24-2007, 03:04 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Got a ticket tonight.. What to do ? California. (ViSioNxBoY)

damn that sucks!
Old 02-24-2007, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dang that sucks is that how it is in california? haha now i dont wanna move to cali kinda scared haha...and can they pop your hood and why?
Old 02-24-2007, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (b0yg0tskills)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b0yg0tskills &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dang that sucks is that how it is in california? haha now i dont wanna move to cali kinda scared haha...and can they pop your hood and why?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea they can out there. here in millwaukee they can ask but we can say no. most people dont know they can say no, ive got 2 friends that are millwaukee officers and they said if you say no they just say ok. its just like if they search the vehicle find nothing they cant open your trunk with your permission.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbo_y8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo_y8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea they can out there. here in millwaukee they can ask but we can say no. most people dont know they can say no, ive got 2 friends that are millwaukee officers and they said if you say no they just say ok. its just like if they search the vehicle find nothing they cant open your trunk with your permission.</TD></TR></TABLE>
In Ga if a officer ask to search your car and you say no, then that gives them probable cause to search your vehicle(father is a officer). Just like when they ask you to take a breathalyzer and you refuse, then by law they can give it to you... Its kind of screwed up.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (punk_0333)

expletive cali!!!!!! Why not go to court and tell the judge your tranny is from jdm land so of course its not going to have a vin.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (cambopheonix56)

Wait, you have an integra and swapped a B18C in for a replacement motor? Thats crap that he gave you problems over that. Go see the ref and explain its a replacement motor and you should be able to pass. Now if its a Civic with a swap if its newer then the car try to get it BAR'd.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:58 AM

Default Re: (b0yg0tskills)

california= horrible laws
Old 02-24-2007, 07:58 AM
GarageAlchemist

Default Re: (Luserkid)

your fucked.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GarageAlchemist)

id be sooo pissed if that happened to me cuz there is no way my car could pass...freaking cali laws suck...who cares if i swap my god damn car as long as it passes emissions
Old 02-24-2007, 08:15 AM

Default Re: (bleakdragonmage)

that sucks dude
Old 02-24-2007, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (black7hatch)

so glad i dont have all this bar'd ****.

we dont even have emissions!!
Old 02-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbo_y8)

yes yes we know..our state sucks..other states rock...dont have to keep reminding us...

and to the OP...i think the fine ranges from like 3-6hundred...
Old 02-24-2007, 08:57 AM

Only in a communist state like CA do you have the option to pay a higher amount to get out of changing anything/going to the ref. If that's not extorsion, I don't know what is.

It really shows that they don't give a **** about whats on your car, as long as you're willing to pay the higher fine. I'm glad I moved from that shithole.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn man,where do you live?We live in a crazy state.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:08 AM

Default Re: (1EK1EG)

I'd sue the police department for discrimination. He had no reason to want to pop your hood, and his endless effort to find something to write up shows he was hunting you. Yeah, I might not win, or it could be more hassle than it's worth, but until someone starts reacting to the bullshit laws CA has, nothing will change.

Meanwhile, I'll be here in MN running open downpipe. lol. No smog checks, $30 a year registration fees (92 HB).....etc....
Old 02-24-2007, 09:09 AM

Default Re: (stealthmode62)

damn that sucks ***** bro as if they can do that in Cali. cop was probably trying to make his quota for the day by finding something to give you a ticket over
Old 02-24-2007, 09:10 AM

California laws ftl, Cali Ftfw
Old 02-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got a ticket tonight.. What to do ? California. (HTNooB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HTNooB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was driving home from a friends house, CRUISING at 40mph getting ready to jump on the ramp to the freeway, then I see blue and red lights... ****. My car looks completely stock too. LS mesh, lowered, front lip, stock exhaust. Nothing else. He pops my hood and busts out folders and catalogs to try to get me for everything he can. Even asks his buddy if he should tow me He ends up after an hour of searchin and looking at my stock engine bay (stock intake, stock headers stock everything )for tickets to give me. He finishes up the ticket.

I got a ticket to see the Ref for my JDM B18C swap in my integra and not having a VIN on the tranny. JDM tranny though, didn't come with a VIN. Anyways what can I do at this point ? I heard theres a fine i can pay and avoid the ref, but its kinda pricey. Or I can legalize it but I don't know how much that'll cost... Any suggestions ?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

at the top of the civic forum page theres a sticky with FAQs about emmissions and tickets ref bar'd etc. start reading up on that and you decide what you want to do. what city were you in? either way youll get a letter stating how much you have to pay. try to legalize the swap if at all possible. rule of thumb is the engine has to be the same year or newer than the car you drive.

ps. although cali laws suck for this kinda crap it wont be long till all the other states start requiring the same thing
Old 02-24-2007, 09:31 AM

i hate cops..i am surprised he didnt tow your car..i have five friends with jdm motors and they all got their car towed because the tranny had no vin sticker..they took the tranny out and crushed it.. and plus i read some where that jdm motors arent legal in cali anymore if u are caught with it u go straight to the ref station...DO NOT PAY OFF THE TICKET!! whats the point? my friend payed off the ticket for state ref and then a few weeks later he got the same ticket again!! u shouldnt keep paying it off over and over..GO TO THE STATE REF AND GET UR **** BARRED AND LEGALIZE THEY WILL GIVE U A CERTIFICATE U CAN SHOW TO DA COPS NEXT TIME U GET PULLED OVER ( paying off a state ref ticket doesnt give u anything)
Old 02-24-2007, 09:35 AM

oh yea i kno this is stupid but..you mentioned your car is lowered..having a lowered vehicle gives them the reason to pull u over and check your car because u may have a swap motor in their which may not be legal ..u might have a heavier engine then the stock factory one therefore causing your car to lower ..that is dumb but thats what a motorcycle cop told me
Old 02-24-2007, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Got a ticket tonight.. What to do ? California. (4drgsr96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4drgsr96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ps. although cali laws suck for this kinda crap it wont be long till all the other states start requiring the same thing </TD></TR></TABLE>

America isn't that stupid. It would never happen. The people in CA just dont stick up for themselves.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by khmer123 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh yea i kno this is stupid but..you mentioned your car is lowered..having a lowered vehicle gives them the reason to pull u over and check your car because u may have a swap motor in their which may not be legal ..u might have a heavier engine then the stock factory one therefore causing your car to lower ..that is dumb but thats what a motorcycle cop told me</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wonder how well that would hold up in court if anyone was ever smart enough to raise the BS flag. Probably not very far.

The two situations that prove CA sucks ***:

Car too low ticket- no measuring, just ticket. Took the car to the station and told them I got higher profile tires (which I didn't) and the ticket was signed off, with no measuring, and no changes to the car from when I got the ticket.

Passed emissions test, and was failed for my timing being advanced 3*. Good thing smog tests are to check for pollution, and I wasn't polluting. The government decided they need to verify how my car is running. lol. What a fucken joke.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got a ticket tonight.. What to do ? California. (stealthmode62)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stealthmode62 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

America isn't that stupid. It would never happen. The people in CA just dont stick up for themselves.

I wonder how well that would hold up in court if anyone was ever smart enough to raise the BS flag. Probably not very far.

The two situations that prove CA sucks ***:

Car too low ticket- no measuring, just ticket. Took the car to the station and told them I got higher profile tires (which I didn't) and the ticket was signed off, with no measuring, and no changes to the car from when I got the ticket.

Passed emissions test, and was failed for my timing being advanced 3*. Good thing smog tests are to check for pollution, and I wasn't polluting. The government decided they need to verify how my car is running. lol. What a fucken joke. </TD></TR></TABLE>

seriously..who the explitive should care what i do to my car as long as it passes emissions...
Old 02-24-2007, 03:17 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: Got a ticket tonight.. What to do ? California. (bleakdragonmage)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wait, you have an integra and swapped a B18C in for a replacement motor? Thats crap that he gave you problems over that. Go see the ref and explain its a replacement motor and you should be able to pass. Now if its a Civic with a swap if its newer then the car try to get it BAR'd. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have an 96 LS Integra and a 96 B18C motor in it. I bought the Integra without a motor and swapped it. I've been reading about BAR for a little while and I need all the replacement parts for it. But I only have about 3 bills to spend, and I don't know how much it'd cost to bar.

Anybody been through this and tell me to pay the fine or BAR this shizz?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got a ticket tonight.. What to do ? California.