Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Got a Ref Ticket need Advice...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a Ref Ticket need Advice...

To make a long story short...I have a 95 honda del sol with a 95 jdm b16a. Only thing modified on this motor is the air intake (memoryfab whale ***** )

My Questions:

1) Can i really have a bill of sale and bring it to the Judge and have him dismiss the ticket?

2) If writing the Bill of sale works will they pursue the person who i sell it to?

3) If i just wait for the fine in the mail, and just pay it will i be kool?

Any info would be appriciated... i would give more details if needed...got REF TICKET DAM!!!!!!!!

More Info:

Citation # 27156

Modified by jdmdarksol at 8:45 AM 7/18/2008
Old 07-18-2008, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got a Ref Ticket need Advice... (jdmdarksol)

Help me...... Dam i was thinking of just telling this stupid cop "If i had a Mustang with a Modded V8 i would be OKAY RIGHT?.... this cop was a dumb ***, he saw my jdm vin badge and said" WOW" thats illegal...said Del sol's didn't come with a b16...said i could only put in a single cam. I replied by advising him that Del Sol's had the option of the B16 on the 95-97 models. His reply was " Anything Japanese is illegal look at my paper, I pointed at the b16 on his stupid list and he was dumbfounded...wtf..stupid *** cop.

He also said he normally puts a sticker on back of my ticket, but he didn't have anymore...( Dam bet this fools been ref'ing fools left and right) since he didn't put a sticker on the back of my ticket would this ticket be invalid?
Old 07-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what were you doing that he pulled you over?
Old 07-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got a Ref Ticket need Advice... (Adankid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Adankid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what were you doing that he pulled you over?</TD></TR></TABLE>

probably the fact that he was driving a honda you know how some cops can be. not all, but some.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if ur motor is legit and u got it bar'd then ur straight...go ref it...if not....swap it...and u wont get a fine in the mail...youll get a warrent. i almost did when i couldnt pass with my b16a3...then i dropped sohc injecters. passed with flyin colors. i suggest u swap for a sohc or w/e was oem in the car...the nswap bvack after the ref. my advice.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Is Partying at your House

Default Re: (B16DelSlo)

To make that engine legal in Cali you need:

USDM P30-A00 ECU
ECU jumper harness *Depending on REF, Some don't like them.*
OBD-1 Dizzy *B16 or GSR*
OBD-1 Throttle body. * I passed with a GSR, But the nipple for the Charchol canister bent to the left instead of bending straight up. Needs MAP sensor*
CARB Legal Skunk2 Intake Manifold
OBD-1 Thermostat housing w/ temp sensor *Again depending on REF*
Electric VSS *Again depending on REF*
DATA LINK CONNECTOR *Again depending on REF*

Since you got that ticket, the REF will be hard on you. GOOD LUCK.

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; Rolling in a 88 CRX Si B16 BAR legal.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got a Ref Ticket need Advice... (Adankid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Adankid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what were you doing that he pulled you over?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nothing, i was just driving minding my own business, but i guess my Spoon exhuast lead him to do so.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boost_V &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

probably the fact that he was driving a honda you know how some cops can be. not all, but some.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah this fool was a dick.....he was a school police...pulled me over at 9:30 PM...

Thanks for all your input guys...any other input or the answers to my questions would be appriciated..
Old 07-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i hope u can find some answers..if u do give me a PM cuzz im in the same boat..good luck
Old 07-18-2008, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ekb16)

ticket can be sign off, sense he didnt put a sticker on it, cuz sticker says cant be sign of, needs to be sign of my ref. try putting stock exhaust and intake if that what he wrote u for. it used to be $10 fixing ticket and i used to get tons of thouse, now with new thing the stupid ref **** is with sticker on back. what did he wrote on ur ticket what is it for.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ekb16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ekb16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i hope u can find some answers..if u do give me a PM cuzz im in the same boat..good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

Will do Dam...cops, for a split second i was gunna run from the cop...lol
Old 07-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (russlan44)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by russlan44 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ticket can be sign off, sense he didn't put a sticker on it, cuz sticker says cant be sign of, needs to be sign of my ref. try putting stock exhaust and intake if that what he wrote u for. it used to be $10 fixing ticket and i used to get tons of thouse, now with new thing the stupid ref **** is with sticker on back. what did he wrote on ur ticket what is it for.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So your saying since he didn't put the sticker on back of my ticket, this ticket can be written off? if so how?

He got my for Engine swap i cant really read his writing Citation # 27156 the ticket shows that this is not correctible, and he also wrote me up for headlamps being too low..( guess its a lowing ticket) this is correctible though..
Old 07-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What is a "ref Ticket"? We don't hvae anything like this in Indiana/kentucky
Old 07-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jdmdarksol)

did he wrote in for up engine, well give it a try to go get it sign of put stock intake and exhaust, it doesnt cost anything to try and for headlamp how many inch is it from ground, suppose to be 22", i had a ref ticket before and i couldnt pass it and i kept on paying for smog and traveling to other city for ref 3 or 4 times and my ticket came it was to pay u cant fix it, i spended more on traveling and trying to pass ref then the ticket. so i payid for ticket and never went to ref again for smog to pass it and havent got pulled over sense that for my loud *** exhaust.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bexe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bexe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What is a "ref Ticket"? We don't hvae anything like this in Indiana/kentucky</TD></TR></TABLE>

its only in Cali. basicly its smog and verification
Old 07-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think im going to sell it to my friend, and bring the bill of sale to the judge..., from what i been told the judge should just dismiss the ticket...
Old 07-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sell the car? the ticket still stays with u do.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Try moving to a state that isn't run by communists. After 23 years in CA, I have NO emissions, NO nothing to register my cars in MN. You'll never know until you leave.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

headlamps being too low??? man, they some of them really have nothing better to do.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by russlan44 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sell the car? the ticket still stays with u do.</TD></TR></TABLE>

serious it still stays with me? How so though, if i sell the car?
Old 07-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Stealthmode Performance)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stealthmode Performance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Try moving to a state that isn't run by communists. After 23 years in CA, I have NO emissions, NO nothing to register my cars in MN. You'll never know until you leave. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Naw i love cali...not going to have dick a ss cops make me move. I would rather stand my gound...
Old 07-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's really not the dick *** cops, it's the politicians who don't fund all the programs the state has that needs cops to be "fund raisers", and not safety minded. I remember getting a fix it ticket for being "too low" in CA, and I took it to the sheriff with the same setup and told them I got higher profile tires. Pay the fine, and I was good.

If your "violation" was so important to them, why do you think they send you a fine amount if you fix it and a higher fine amount for them to just forget about it? It's about money, not safety, and it's a shame.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stealthmode Performance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> It's really not the dick *** cops, it's the politicians who don't fund all the programs the state has that needs cops to be "fund raisers", and not safety minded. I remember getting a fix it ticket for being "too low" in CA, and I took it to the sheriff with the same setup and told them I got higher profile tires. Pay the fine, and I was good.

If your "violation" was so important to them, why do you think they send you a fine amount if you fix it and a higher fine amount for them to just forget about it? It's about money, not safety, and it's a shame. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats so true....
Old 07-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stealthmode Performance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I.

If your "violation" was so important to them, why do you think they send you a fine amount if you fix it and a higher fine amount for them to just forget about it? It's about money, not safety, and it's a shame. </TD></TR></TABLE>

pretty much sums it all up. EVERYTHING boils down to money.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:54 PM

my advise will be... wait for the ticket get on the mail... pay the fine and just sleep in peace..!! i had one for smog. and then another for blue halo lights on my del sol.. so the first one was a fix ticket but the other one i just pay the $ 130 fine and it was all gone..
and yah California is now a communist State... so many laws and so many rules that i rather live in china that this MTFKER. state..
if you walk is ellegal. if you ride a bike is illegal, if you breathe is illegal.. does anyone can do something about it. at least sue the state and accuse it of being a communist state!!
Old 07-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got a Ref Ticket need Advice... (sorullo)

[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Got a Ref Ticket need Advice...