Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Got Rear Ended Today, What Are Your Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Rear Ended Today, What Are Your Thoughts?

Ok, so I was getting off of a side road to pull out onto the highway. I was the first one at the stop sign, I eased up and saw oncomming traffic so I stopped again and BOOM, nailed in the back end of the car. Of course me and the other guy pulled off, called the cops to report it, exchanged info and I filed a claim with my insurance. What do you think about the damage, any chance of a total or just some body work? Here's the pics:

Old 06-25-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Got Rear Ended Today, What Are Your Thoughts? (bart2546)

Looks like a new bumper and deck lid to me. Hard to tell from pics, is it the quarte panel that is bent in or the bumper that is bowed out? Either way, that is easily fixable.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably just a bumper...the trunk lid can probably be repaired, but they may wanna replace it...
Old 06-25-2007, 03:53 PM
* B A N N E D *

it wont be a total but you will get a decent amount of money because it looks like the 1/4 panel is damaged.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (akunamatta)

Thanks for the info, no the bumper itself is buckled out, and car is not out of alignment and doesn't woble or anything, down under the side rear window the metal body dented in a little but I don't THINK there's any frame damage.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not too bad new bumper trunk lid and i dont think that you'll need the 1/4 panel.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Probably just a bumper...the trunk lid can probably be repaired, but they may wanna replace it...</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 06-25-2007, 04:01 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (bart2546)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bart2546 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the info, no the bumper itself is buckled out, and car is not out of alignment and doesn't woble or anything, down under the side rear window the metal body dented in a little but I don't THINK there's any frame damage. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ummm yea........ i would suggest getting it fixed but if not just keep the extra money and use it elsewhere on mods to the car.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (akunamatta)

I figure it like this, the dents are so small they're not even creased so I can pull those out with the dent king or a plunger, buy the new bumper because I don't even think the bumper supports are damaged the way he ran up over the car. And just for your info, he hit me with a 98 VW GTI
Old 06-25-2007, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bart2546)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bart2546 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I figure it like this, the dents are so small they're not even creased so I can pull those out with the dent king or a plunger, buy the new bumper because I don't even think the bumper supports are damaged the way he ran up over the car. And just for your info, he hit me with a 98 VW GTI </TD></TR></TABLE>

LoL... I saw the emphasis without you having to point it out.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Agent_EM1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bart2546 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> he hit me with a 98 VW GTI </TD></TR></TABLE>

something about VW guys and rearending...uh well you get the point haha
Old 06-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (forcefedferio)

man that's ****'s beat brandon...that blows...but it doesn't appear to be a total however. like the other guys stated...prolly just a new trunk and a new bumper.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by forcefedferio &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

something about VW guys and rearending...uh well you get the point haha</TD></TR></TABLE>
yea VW guys go down on you like circus seals
Old 06-25-2007, 05:08 PM
GO GIANTS!

Default Re: (jz98ctr)

HAHA about the Vdub drivers. This car actually looks like mine right now haha
Old 06-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

look at each other ....then look back at the damage...would you please come look at my damage with me sir??? maybe if we look together some magic will happen... lol
Old 06-25-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: (jz98ctr)

come feel this it even feels damaged
Old 06-26-2007, 02:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BJA86)

Oh hell no. VW is the same company that makes the "Bug" so I'm not about to get any kind of **** crotch crickets from anyone let alone VW. I just hope to hell since I have the police report that the kid admits he looked away, gave it gas, and hit me that I get my **** repaired, for that matter I want it repaired by the time the PA meet comes on July 21st or I'll be pissed. I ordered a bunch of parts from everyone, got almost everything in (ask jz98ctr, got a header from him, great seller BTW ) and then I get a German car playing butt darts with me.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Why did you file a claim with your insurance? Shouldn't the other driver's insurance pay for the damages? Good luck. Get it fixed on the cheap and keep the extra money, because more than likely, there will be some.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got Rear Ended Today, What Are Your Thoughts? (96hb)

I only put a claim in place to be processed IF the other insurance tries to say it was my fault for some reason and hold up the money, I filed a claim with their insurance today and the adjuster called me but I missed them so I'll be getting in touch with them tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did he get ticketed?
Old 06-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

HAHAHAHAH. My cousin last year was in his 2001 corolla and was at a red light... out of nowhere... BOOOOOM... He came home with his rear end pretty messed up. He didn't even have to tell me what kind of car hit him because all I see is a PERFECT black impression of the VW symbol. Of course... it was a GTI that rear ended him.. that car was destroyed to **** with every liquid leaking out. It was somewhat of an older one he said.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ha. That's nothing, dude. What you're looking at is probably just a new bumper and deck lid. There's a small chance that the little piece below your tail light connected to the quarter panel will need replacement but i doubt it.

I bought my car for $1000 in far, far worse shape than this. it was so jacked up that the trunk had erupted upwards from the frame being bent inward so far.. it needed a quarter panel, bumper cover, bumper, tail light, deck lid, and major pulling.. the estimate was $6000-8000. Just barely over the 'totaled' mark.

I don't know what you're looking for, but with my last car, i took it to my body dude, they gave them an estimate to fix my car, and had the insurance company hand me a check.

I had the body shop pull/push things back into place and slap some paint on it, and i pocketed the rest of the money.

Bet you could pull that off but don't quote me on that.. ha ha.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think he was in awe of the magnaflow sticker, and was doing you a favor.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: (instrument)

this just happened to my friend, same car and everything, got rear ended hard. both quarters are slightly crunched, bumper trashed and everything in front of the bumper bent in. estimated 3100 to fix. luckily there is insurance covering the damage.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (instrument)

I think you'll be alright. Tell them your neck hurts, and the crash jarred your fingers and legs so bad that you may not be able to play the piano ever again while shooting a freethrow for the Lakers this Sunday.

Lol, this reminds me of the time I got rear ended by a homeless guy on a bicycle. *******. You KNOW he didn't have any insurance.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlackoutVTi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackoutVTi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think you'll be alright. Tell them your neck hurts, and the crash jarred your fingers and legs so bad that you may not be able to play the piano ever again while shooting a freethrow for the Lakers this Sunday.

Lol, this reminds me of the time I got rear ended by a homeless guy on a bicycle. *******. You KNOW he didn't have any insurance. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hhaha that's good **** right there. I just hope I hear something good tomorrow cause I swear if this dude is gonna contest what happened and try to blame it on me, I may go off my rocker.

Quick Reply: Got Rear Ended Today, What Are Your Thoughts?