Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Got pulled over last night!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got pulled over last night!

My brother lets me drive his hatch and I go for a little ride. Well I was about 2 miles from returning home i look in the rear view mirror and see a cop in the distance, so I check my speed (speed limit is 50) im doin like 45-50. He follows me for awhile and I notice hey the license plate in the rear feel off. So I pull of to the side of the road and was going to fix it because I new that he was goning to pull me over anyways (the local pig that harasses my brother, me and my friends that have nice cars) I pull over he was about 10 yrds behind me, he didnt put his lights on til I was over on the side of the road. I got out immediately as he put his lights on and hes like GET BACK IN THE CAR! I was like what the hell, I pulled over before he put his lights on so he didnt pull me over. He comes up to me I explain to him I got out to fix the plate in the back. He interupts me and say "Do you no that an illegal muffler on the car" I said no acting dumb. My brother has been working on his buddys hatch for awhile and its not registerd or any license. He thought I was driving that car because we have three hatchbacks in the driveway. He ran the vin on the dash and I new that my brother put a different dash in it but I didnt say anything because he insisted that it was not registerd. He comes back and say why doesnt the vin match the license plate for this car, I told him that the dash was new and I have the proper papers to show it. I also told him that I could get the vin off the firewall or door and he started to yell but didnt let me speak. I repeated to him saying "I can get the vin from the firewall or door. So he runs that vin and it matchs the car. He gave me a warning for the plate and the muffler. My friend who was also in the car asked him whats the decibal level for exhausts, he says "what ever it is off the showroom floor" my thought on that is he has no ******* way to now what the decibal leave should be so dont right me a warning or ticket. He also asked about Motorcycle exhaust and he claims that he does pull them over. He is a local cop in my town which is about 2000 or so people and I have never seem him pull one over. We are going to file harassment because its been an ongoing problem. Its just that he has nothing better to do, theres no crime or hurt involved in an exhaust system. Thats my fairy tale.

Zac
Old 08-05-2004, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Got pulled over last night! (92CivicSiR2)

If I were you I'd find out about the muffler just to be informed. He may not even know if it's legal or not. Also, I had a teacher once who was also a cop, and I remember him telling us that they were trained to always make the person they pulled over do the opposite of whatever they wanted to do. So, if you start getting out of the car they will tell you to get back in the car.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Got pulled over last night! (Manuel)

cops =

filing a complaint against wrongful doing
Old 08-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Manuel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That F Up Bro i got pull over for Noting too becuas i had a exhusta the Cop Chek my Holl car and sherch Me! it was f up man Dam pigs pull over any fix/JDM up honda </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 08-05-2004, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Got pulled over last night! (JRizEJ6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JRizEJ6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

rofl
Old 08-05-2004, 01:59 PM

hahahhahhahahaha
Old 08-05-2004, 02:09 PM

Default Re: (DV)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DV &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Let me get this straight.. You see a cop in your mirror and you automatically know that somehow your rear plate fell off? Is your trunk see through?</TD></TR></TABLE>

ever thought maybe it was in the rear glass?
Old 08-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VTECschmetec)

OWNED!
Old 08-05-2004, 02:44 PM

haha bummer dude. i got pulled over one time because i was doin 75 on the freeway at 11:30 at night. and i was hella tired and misshifted when i was getting on the freeway. and he mistook it for having sumthing illegal under my hood i guess. he was like pop ur hood. the only thing i have on my car is an exhaust. i was like wut the hell. haha. he gave me a ticket for doing 75 in a 65 zone. i live in San diego. ppl do 100 on a regular basis here. lol. damn pigs
Old 08-05-2004, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got pulled over last night! (hookedonvtec)

i got pulled over because my front plate was too low once
Old 08-05-2004, 03:43 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Manuel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That F Up Bro i got pull over for Noting too becuas i had a exhusta the Cop Chek my Holl car and sherch Me! it was f up man Dam pigs pull over any fix/JDM up honda </TD></TR></TABLE>

GET YOUR G.E.D NOW.
Old 08-05-2004, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here in Cali they can write you a ticket for anything that is not stock from the showroom. The db level doesn't mean anything. fog lights any changes to the stock configuration of the headlight like clear corners are all illegal. Just because your exhaust is bar certified they can still give you a ticket for modified exhaust just cus its not the same as stock.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fishnfst)

The other day I just read a section on Super Street, saying something about a limit on how loud your muffler could be in Cali.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:16 PM

Default Re: (shawn_crx)

english 1-2 would be good for this thread, grammars and spelling is pretty much a failure
Old 08-05-2004, 05:17 PM

Default Re: (shawn_crx)

I read the same thing...in california, it says the decibel loudness still applies, the only thing is, they can still write you a ticket and you'll have to go to court to prove that it's legal. Super street had a good point though, if nothing other than stock exhausts are not allowed...pep boys or any of the other muffler shops would not be able to operate....

they also said to invest in a decibel meter available at radio shack for 40 bucks or so...keep it in the glove and use it if policia hassles you...
Old 08-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SD350z)

I got pulled over in my old MR2 because "the car looked fast."
Old 08-05-2004, 06:21 PM
IVI
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (SD350z)

i think its good that your going to file a harrasment claim on him.

but you shouldnt be as careless and unprepared as you were.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sd350z a lot of things are illegal to use but you can still buy them. Look at Nitrous you can't even have it hooked up on the street even if the bottle is closed. You can still buy it everywhere. Radar detectors are a nono also but you can buy them everywhere. Exhausts are the same way. It all depends if they want to enforce the law or not..
Old 08-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JRizEJ6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahahahahahahah!
Old 08-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got a ticket for running 103 in a 55. It sucked.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:15 PM

that sucks. Too bad we cant all ride around in stock cars, and walk, talk eat and act the same too. wouldnt that be fun. Screw that cop.....
Old 08-05-2004, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got pulled over last night! (forced00si)

i live in san diego and i got pulled over today for the first time in like 5 yrs. i saw the cop, knew he was gonna get me for my front plate not being there. he pulled me over asked the usual bullshit then asked "what other modifications did i have to the car". i said exhaust, he told me to pop my hood. it made him look like a retard though when he didnt find anything, what a waste of time. then he tells me to raise my car an inch and get the front plate back on. didnt give me a fix-it or even say **** about the apex exhaust. why do cops waste my time and theirs with bullshit like this?
Old 08-05-2004, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Got pulled over last night! (lightsleeper)

i got followed like 5 miles on the highway and 3 turns after getting off. I was following every law possible and wearing a seat belt. I respected them and asked why they pulled me over. The whole time i'm sure they were thinking of a reason...then finally found one to pull me over- loud muffler. bla bla bla same story. In regards to harleys and ****, they said they are all illegal too b/c they don't come from the factory that loud. my exhaust was kinda loud in their defense.

this whole thread is stupid. you got pulled over for a loud muffler. its the law. there really are db levels and if the cop thinks you are over that level, then he can ticket you. if you think you aren't, fight it in court. but you won't win.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got pulled over last night! (sol2nr)

Ive been pulled over twice, once with a warning and today I was going 88 and then the cop followed me and said i did 103 while he was following me(thankgod he didnt see me do 120+) but only wrote me a ticket for 88 in a 70 zone, im guessing like $200. damn

btw this was on the 8west in san diego coming back from julian, there was no traffic at all. Its weird ive never been harassed or asked to pop my hood.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got pulled over last night! (delLudeVTEC)

sometimes cops just get bored and dont have anything else to do except pull over people. cops can give you a ticket for anything really, but the whole exhaust decibel level in ca is true. if your cars muffler is below 95 decibels, then it is legal. its all in the vehicle code boys...

technically the cop is supposed to put a decibel reader at a certain distance and you should rev your motor to 2/3 of its stock redline.

Quick Reply: Got pulled over last night!