Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

got a new oem bumper. help pls

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got a new oem bumper. help pls

wats up all: got a new oem front bumper for the 97 hatchie, it may be a dumb question but i have no idea what to use to 'bolt' or tie the bumper down, right now its ghetto style and held on with zip ties, but what type of screw or inserts does it take. part number by chance? and also can i get them at honda, want to get it doneby today, it looks decent but u can tell its kinda sagging, any help would be appreciated..

tia
-nstabl
Old 09-19-2005, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

did you try using the bolts that held down the original bumper?
Old 09-19-2005, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Vero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did you try using the bolts that held down the original bumper?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, this would be the logical thing to do.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EJ1 wilcox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes, this would be the logical thing to do. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Logic is hard to find around here sometimes.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did you try using the bolts that held down the original bumper?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did you happen to think that he might not have them?

Go to Honda and ask for the puspins and the two bolts for the front bumper. They will know what you are talking about.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM-97CX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-97CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you happen to think that he might not have them?

Go to Honda and ask for the puspins and the two bolts for the front bumper. They will know what you are talking about.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wouldn't go to Honda though. They will charge you a ton.

When I first bought my car the bumper was sagging on both sides because there were no bolts holding it in place. I just went to a junk yard and pulled bumper hardware off a few different cars that I thought might work.

I asked the guy at the junk yard how much he wanted for the handfull of plastic pieces and bolts I had in my hand and he told me to just take them.

That's what I would do if I were you.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:00 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-97CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Go to Honda and ask for the puspins and the two bolts for the front bumper. They will know what you are talking about.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats the best thing to do and even if they stare blankly at you just tell them the problem surely there parts dept will know exactly what you need
Old 09-19-2005, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-97CX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well in order to put the new bumper on, you have to take the old one off. So clearly he should re-use the same bolts. Unless of course said bolst snapped/stripped/broke and then the clear choice is replacement.

But again, he should still re-affix where the old ones were.

This isn't a hard thing to do, if you lay the bumper (with the grill attached) in place on the car you will see where it gets held down all across the radiator suport. And then in the corners of the bumper.

Hell, if you have the bumper off you should be able to see the mount holes. Which answers his orginal question.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:09 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes, this would be the logical thing to do. </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4door_demon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Logic is hard to find around here sometimes. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hi, douche bags, if i had them i wouldn't be posting in here. I appreciate all the responses I was planning on going to honda but figured i would jus chek in wid y'all since im gona be on a tite scheddy on my lunch i want2make sure not to waste time, ill jus g2da dealer
Old 09-19-2005, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you knew you needed the bolts to mount the bumper, why did you even ask?

Honda's use metric bolts, you can usually find metric bumper bolts at the auto shop or hardware store. If not, you have to go to honda.

How hard is this really?
Old 09-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you knew you needed the bolts to mount the bumper, why did you even ask?

Honda's use metric bolts, you can usually find metric bumper bolts at the auto shop or hardware store. If not, you have to go to honda.

How hard is this really?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you must have missed the memo, it now requires a degree in rocket science to install a bumper cover.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check out the online honda website... it's got pictures of the bumper with the correct stuff to mount it

you can even order the bolts from the online dealer while you're at it
Old 09-19-2005, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (4door_demon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4door_demon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you must have missed the memo, it now requires a degree in rocket science to install a bumper cover.</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh ****, I only have a phd in neurology. guess i'm out.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:08 PM

Well, I dont have a PhD and so I decided it would be a good idea to go to the dealer and get the little pushpins. 3.50 a pop and there's 7 of them. Never again.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you knew you needed the bolts to mount the bumper, why did you even ask?

How hard is this really?</TD></TR></TABLE>

What about the pushpins that are also required to mount the bumper?

All the guy asked for was a part number to make his life a little bit easier. Christ, grow the **** up.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:29 PM

its just another typical nowday gay *** forum where every question turns in to a big deal and people have to judge, if i say **** you all, ill just get more and more complaints and bullshit so im gonna say: Thanks a lot u guys for yer help, and i'll try to keep my questions to myself from now on. I hate this BS , a forum, you *****, is AKA a 'community' not fight club, so just for da hek of it if u can do me a big favor and on yer next answer no matter how dumb the question, jus be nice..jus cuz u can be.. and u'll help someone out, which is wat they came for in the first place, not to be judged or put down. ty

-nst
Old 09-19-2005, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i used some nuts, bolts and washers that i bought from home depot when i replaced my bumper. works fine
Old 09-19-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: (nstabl)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nstabl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its just another typical nowday gay *** forum where every question turns in to a big deal and people have to judge, if i say **** you all, ill just get more and more complaints and bullshit so im gonna say: Thanks a lot u guys for yer help, and i'll try to keep my questions to myself from now on. I hate this BS , a forum, you *****, is AKA a 'community' not fight club, so just for da hek of it if u can do me a big favor and on yer next answer no matter how dumb the question, jus be nice..jus cuz u can be.. and u'll help someone out, which is wat they came for in the first place, not to be judged or put down. ty

-nst</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's this forum, not all... I am a member of 2 other forums and no one on them is as rude as the H-T members. When my friends first started talking about H-T and goin to the meets in N'ville I was thinking "Awesome! A community of Honda owners that are great people and helpful blah blah blah" but now that I am on H-T myself I see that it's mostly jerks and @$$holes. There are a few that are pretty helpful and that's awesome, keep up the good work, but the rest.....
Old 09-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What about the pushpins that are also required to mount the bumper?

All the guy asked for was a part number to make his life a little bit easier. Christ, grow the **** up.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Once again, a product that can be found at your local hardware / auto store. I know the Ace and Napa 2 minutes down the road from me sell them.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:26 PM

thanks ill let you all know the outcome!