Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

got a ? just sold my ek, buyer says cashier chk need help by tommarow

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default got a ? just sold my ek, buyer says cashier chk need help by tommarow

ok sold my car(guy left 100$ deposit) and buyer says he can't take over 700$ from the bank at one time so he's writing a cashiers check, can I cash it all out in cash or what do I do
Old 03-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i smell fraud, i would think twice about this deal. Whenever buying a car, you deal in hard cash. That is one thing ive always been told. Never checks. Serious buyers will have money on hand.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (97Ej6mike)

banks havea atms which yes have limits but also have doors so u can go inside and get as much moolah as u need.. so yeah guys probly gonan rip u one..

CASH IN HAND ONLY..

good luck dont get [freak]ed..
Old 03-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: got a ? just sold my ek, buyer says cashier chk need help by tommarow (v8killaz)

If will be fine if you go with the buyer to his bank and get an official bank cashier's check.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got a ? just sold my ek, buyer says cashier chk need help by tommarow (BlueIntegraBoy)

I should go with him to the bank and cash it, is that a good idea
Old 03-13-2008, 08:07 PM

Of course. Banks are there for a reason. If hes a serious buyer, he will have NO PROBLEM accepting any terms you give him regarding method of payment.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got a ? just sold my ek, buyer says cashier chk need help by tommarow (v8killaz)

97ej6mike isn't right
Old 03-13-2008, 08:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

tell him to pull as much as he can now and more tommorow it is true that the bank only allows you to pull so much... but not a casheirs check CYA man (cover your ***)
Old 03-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v8killaz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">97ej6mike isn't right</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha thats not rite.

i agree with him tho.. def gotta keep it ofical.. scams are easy to run jsut gotta do it rite..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Juan_Mitosis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Of course. Banks are there for a reason. If hes a serious buyer, he will have NO PROBLEM accepting any terms you give him regarding method of payment.</TD></TR></TABLE>

pretty much sums it up.. i still dont understand y he just doesnt pay cash.. id still be very carefull
Old 03-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Umm what kind of bank does he go too lol.. you can only take out from the atm $300 a day or he can go to the bank and withdraw all the money he wants no limit unless he dont have the cash and his waiting to get it so hes paying you with cashier check so he can later deposit it to his account??
Old 03-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got a ? just sold my ek, buyer says cashier chk need help by tommarow (luvmihatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by luvmihatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

.. i still dont understand y he just doesnt pay cash.. id still be very carefull</TD></TR></TABLE>
he's only like 19-20, but he called me and he left a deposit
Old 03-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude im 21 yrs old and i went into the back pulled 18 grand cash out the bank and paid for my car.. it still doesnt make sence.. even if he left a deposit 100 bucks is probly not **** if he scams u .. how much u asking for ur car
Old 03-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got a ? just sold my ek, buyer says cashier chk need help by tommarow (luvmihatch)

3500, wait how the hell u got 18g and ur 21 what u got rice parents
Old 03-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by luvmihatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude im 21 yrs old and i went into the back pulled 18 grand cash out the bank and paid for my car.. it still doesnt make sence.. even if he left a deposit 100 bucks is probly not **** if he scams u .. how much u asking for ur car </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats what im saying its strange how he said he cant take alot of money out from the bank... unless he gots it on that saving thind were you cant touch the money.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

rents helpoed a lil and i contract for duke power and make bank lol... still back to subject.. it doesnt mater how much ur selling the car for number one its probly a 75 percent chance this guy is going to scam u.. happends like that on ebay all the time. just call him up and be honest with him tell him ur covering ur *** and just wanan do it at the bank if he say idk man blah blah then tell him ehre ur deposit ill c u later if he is legit and really wants the car he will get it.. if not u still got ur car and sumone will buy it..
Old 03-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got a ? just sold my ek, buyer says cashier chk need help by tommarow (Intake_Kush)

yeah that's what I thought, he's got it in his savings account
Old 03-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It could depend on his situation.My bank will only let me withdraw 400 dollars from any atm within 24 hours.I work 9am till 6 pm.I cannot go inside any bank until sat unless I call off since by the time I get off work my bank is closed.

In my situation me and the seller just agreed id pick up the car on sat and he would hold it for me.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good advice, I'll just tell him straight up, he aslo said he needs to take my title to the bank

i have a feeling your going to get screwed.... if your going to sell the car go to the bank with him and withdraw the money and then make the deal
Honda-Tech Member

doesnt matter wht type of account its in still can go in and withdraw it.. just be carefull man people gettin scammed to much.. when did he say he is going to pay u the rest
Old 03-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tommarow he said he'll give me the cashiers chk, so I'll go with him and cash the chk at my moms bank cuz I'm only 17 LOL
Old 03-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

only if the cashiers check is from a bank.. dont take the check from him untill u have tunred it into cash bc thats like excepting payment u know.. and that will stand up in court... if ur mom works at a bank ask her about it.. but just go to the bank with him . just like i siad man be carefull..
Old 03-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it gets me pisset that I'm not getting cash straight up, **** is stupid and I have to go through all this
Old 03-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would personally just tell him since you took the down payment you will hold the car unitl he can get the cash,thats the easiest safest way.If he hassles you about that then give him his down payment back.

Or he can take the car,you will photpcopy his I.D. and you will send him the title when the car is payed off and give him a bill of sale,stating those terms.If the check bounces the car will still be in your name so report it stolen or drive to his house and pick it back up because hopefully you have a spare key.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats how scammers do it they get u all flushed adn frustrated and in a hurry so u are just like [freak] it and give um the title.. tell him u want it in cash if its in a savings acount then he can get cash no problem.

Quick Reply: got a ? just sold my ek, buyer says cashier chk need help by tommarow