Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Got a damaged CF wing today from a H-T Sponsor!!

Old 01-13-2004, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a damaged CF wing today from a H-T Sponsor!!

I just got home and noticed that my CF wing for my EG came in today that i ordered from a H-T Sponsor. Airborne Express left the package at my doorstep because nobody was home. I couldn't inspect the package to make sure that nothing happened to it since I wasn't home. Well anyways, I opened the package up and come to find out that one of the corners on the wing is chipped. I PM'd the sponsor and he said that if i ship it back he will send me another wing. What if I ship it out and don't get nothing back in return. What do you guys think i should do:

1)Should I ship it back and hope for them to send me another one.
2)File a damage complaint with airborne express.
or
3)Send it back, keep a copy of the shipping reciept and dispute it since i used a credit card.

So what would you guys do????

TIA!!
Old 01-13-2004, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got a damaged CF wing today from a H-T Sponsor!! (Synergy001)

Send it back. If they sponsor the site they have a reputation to keep up and most likely aernt some kind of shady comapny. That said keep records of everything you do anyway.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Got a damaged CF wing today from a H-T Sponsor!! (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Send it back. If they sponsor the site they have a reputation to keep up and most likely aernt some kind of shady comapny. That said keep records of everything you do anyway.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That certain sponsor has a good rep on here. I've heard nothing but good things about him thats why I ordered it from him.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Synergy001 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That certain sponsor has a good rep on here. I've heard nothing but good things about him thats why I ordered it from him.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, then send it back. At least he offered to send you a new one (when in reality it was probobally the shipping company's fault). Keep records to cover your *** anyways though. Best of luck!
Old 01-13-2004, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you had to pay before they sent it in the first place-right?if you trusted sending them money on the assumption they would actually ship out the product,what's the difference?be happy they're being cooperative-i've been told before by a vendor that they're not doing anything,and it's my problem with the shipping company.
......i'd ask the vendor if they would rather you make a claim with the shipper or just send it back to them,and do whichever of the two they prefer.if you file a claim and it gets approved by the shipper,they reimburse the vendor and they're not out anything.if you just ship it back to the vendor,they'll have to eat the cost to send you another one.
chris
Old 01-13-2004, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Got a damaged CF wing today from a H-T Sponsor!! (TeamNextGenChris)

I just hope this certain "sponsor" isn't BKNW ...if so hope you have better luck than I did.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Got a damaged CF wing today from a H-T Sponsor!! (RangerDan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RangerDan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just hope this certain "sponsor" isn't BKNW ...if so hope you have better luck than I did.</TD></TR></TABLE>

NO...its not him, he was my second choice.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got a damaged CF wing today from a H-T Sponsor!! (TeamNextGenChris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeamNextGenChris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you had to pay before they sent it in the first place-right?if you trusted sending them money on the assumption they would actually ship out the product,what's the difference?</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I was thinking. Buying anything online presents risks in that you're sending legitimate payment to someone you don't even know and only HOPING that they send you what you want. Not sure if this relates but if you go to a restaurant and pay by credit card, how do you know the server won't go outside and charge stuff on your card? You're giving payment to a complete stranger and hoping that they don't **** you over and/or run off with it.

I'm sure they'll keep their word and send you an undamaged wing.

Old 01-13-2004, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got a damaged CF wing today from a H-T Sponsor!! (Daniel)

aslong as u got a copy of the reciept from the sponsor u should be good to give it back to them and if they dont give you another one tell yourself i smell a lawsuit ! haha
Old 01-13-2004, 09:46 PM
AIRBORNE

Default Re: Got a damaged CF wing today from a H-T Sponsor!! (rw92civic)

If he's a reputable person, send it back. But as said, you already sent him money, so why not trust him while sending it back?

It was most likely the shipping comapanies fault anyways, and he's nice enough to replace it.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

id say send it back.

btw for handling this the right way instead of freaking out like some may do.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:22 PM
New User

Default Re: Got a damaged CF wing today from a H-T Sponsor!! (ProEater)

send it back man,..im sure you have NOTHING to worry about,...i mean if they were some kind of shady company then im sure he would have said something like "your problem not mine" instead of saying "send it back and ill send you a new one"
Old 01-13-2004, 10:32 PM
I've quit using this account

send it back, he said he would replace it.

whats this post about..