Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Good news got 8k from ins. + my car back YAAA!!! What should i get next??

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good news got 8k from ins. + my car back YAAA!!! What should i get next??

Well guys i have great news! That was the best accident i have ever been in. Well a while back i had posted that i had gotten into an accident and didnt have a clue on to what the outcome was going to be. Well it turns out that the ins. co totaled my car even though i was able to drive it home from the seen of the accident. it only has axle broken and LCA bent and minor cosmetic work needs to be done well as far as i know. So anyways im going to have a fun time fixing that stuff anyways like I said before they are giving me 7785.71 yeeaaahhh!! they were going to give me 8,885 but they were going to keep my car, so i asked them how much they would give me if I kept my car. Well they came back on the phone and said well we'll only give you 7,785 and i was like what??!!!!!!!!! GO FOR IT!! SUCKERS!! HA HA So know if i sell my car for around 8K (p.s i was selling it for 10K and getting alot of interviews) or so and fix my shitz for 2K i make 16K = Anyways now the biggest delema is what should i get next???
Rember im married and my current car is a 96civic 4dr. Should i keep it and go 99 conversion in front and paint it a gold bronze light brown color like hmmmm so many options its mind boggling ef?? eg?? ek??

[Modified by MrPimpon, 4:00 PM 12/10/2001]
Old 12-10-2001, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good news got 8k from ins. + my car back YAAA!!! What should i get next?? (MrPimpon)

you should keep it for parts or sell the parts and buy something else.....like a 2dr hatch....somethin with a vtec, vroom vroooom!!

I wouldn't waste all your money trying to fix the 4dr......a bad axle will cost alot to fix, probably all your money, just to get it in the shape it was before the accident! That's why they totalled it out!
keep us updated!

Old 12-10-2001, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good news got 8k from ins. + my car back YAAA!!! What should i get next?? (CivicGirl114)

Naaa....broken axle is cheap to fix. Even if the surrounding suspension components are messed up, they are easy to replace, and easy to find at a junkyard. Pretty much all the suspension parts from any 96-00 Civic Ex/Dx/Hx/Lx can be swapped no problem. Do you need an axle for a D series engine, or do you have a swap? I have a couple axles for Ds just sitting around here.
Old 12-10-2001, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good news got 8k from ins. + my car back YAAA!!! What should i get next?? (HXMan)

Naaa....broken axle is cheap to fix.
hmmm......really? I don't know?? I would rather buy something else with 8 grand than fix up a broken civic sedan
Old 12-10-2001, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good news got 8k from ins. + my car back YAAA!!! What should i get next?? (CivicGirl114)

Ok i thank you for you comment but if your not informed please dont tell me that my axle or anything having to do with my axle is going to cost anywhere around 7,785 dollars thats SEVEN THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE DOLLARS. Hell a A WHOLE F**#in Type-R will cost 5 grand!!! that includes THE whole Transmission!! AXLES!!!, shift link, ecu, wiring harness. "ohh yeah that includes vtec vroom vroom ha ha"Anyone can get an axle for around 69.00-139 bucks and cv boots for 12 bucks. so what are you talking about wasting all of my money. Oh well i gues i should of been more clearer when i said that it will only cost me TWO THOUSAND dollars to fix it, if that much. with a brand new paint job and rimz. um fenders=100.00 front bump= 300 lights =250.00 or so. there brand new. did I mention there is no Frame damage?! no more for you! my dear
Old 12-10-2001, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good news got 8k from ins. + my car back YAAA!!! What should i get next?? (MrPimpon)

no need to get upset!!! I wasn't exactly sure and if you already knew how much a axle cost than you don't need to worry about my opinion....again opinion!!!

why don't you just bite my head off and flush it down the toliet!!
Old 12-10-2001, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wasnt asking for your opinon or anyones elses opinion on how much it will cost me to fix my car or how much an axles costs. The fact of the matter is that i know that i am going to fix my car i just dont know if i should keep it now throw in an gsr or get a hatch either ef eg or ek. becuase that was my first car and ive done many things to it now and the fact that its a 4dr might help me out in the future. if you want to see it its in the http://www.autotrader.com its a 96 civic 4dr under the zip code 85301 i was asking 10500 for it back then but with a rebuild title i will ask less. But it will actually look better than before.
Old 12-10-2001, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well........excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!!
Old 12-10-2001, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

DORKS!!!!
Old 12-10-2001, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good news got 8k from ins. + my car back YAAA!!! What should i get next?? (shane89z24)

HI babe!!!
just wanted to say "hi" and I you!
Old 12-10-2001, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ahh two dorks in love

anyways can we please get back to the topic at hand?
Old 12-10-2001, 09:55 AM

good luck getting 8,000 for a salvaged car.. rebuilt title or not...
Old 12-10-2001, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Good news got 8k from ins. + my car back YAAA!!! What should i get next?? (bodykit=rice)

good luck getting 8,000 for a salvaged car.. rebuilt title or not...
yep. its tough
i found a spura for 14 w/ salvage title. only had minor damage.
everything ran great.
full bodky kit, exhaust, single turbo, the works.
Old 12-10-2001, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good news got 8k from ins. + my car back YAAA!!! What should i get next?? (KAMiN)

wow so what happend did you get it cuz that to me is a smokin deal.
Old 12-10-2001, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

u said it urself ...

5 grand for a f***ed up ITR .... with tranny and everything ..
2 grand to fix all the stuff ...

then now u get a 4 door sleeper with a B18C5 ...

sound great to me ..

o well .. ps .. use that 700 ish to get ur wife a gift ...
take her attention off of that f***ed ITR u just brought ...
Old 12-10-2001, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good news got 8k from ins. + my car back YAAA!!! What should i get next?? (BAR-F1)

just saw it in ur sig ...

u already have a GSR motor ..

then sell the GSR motor and save that moeny for sth else ...

new tires .. new rims ...

hey u might end up having some more $$ in ur pocket
Old 12-10-2001, 03:55 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Good news got 8k from ins. + my car back YAAA!!! What should i get next?? (BAR-F1)

Damn you are one lucky guy, I would get the type r
Old 12-10-2001, 11:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well, there are tons of choices for you buddy.... the question is, what do you really want? a street rocket? a gas saver? a road-race car? a dragger?????
people here could give you tons of opinions, but all of them would be based on what they would do. you gotta decide on what is it you want to do with the car first.
yeah, they'll give you a lot of ideas if nothing. and if that counts here is what i'd do:
- fix and sell the sedan (i don't think you can get more than $6K - salvaged)
- buy a nice EG or EK hatch
- take out that DX/VX/CX motor and trade it for an air-freshener
- drop in a B18C and slap on a turbo while you're at it.
- lower it and get some light wheels
- take out everything from the front seats back and trade it for some roses.
- tell your wife insurance took back the check and gave you a nice air-freshener instead (you got a proof), and never open your hood in front of her. not that she would know the difference between a DX and a GSRturbo engine, but just in case...
oh, and give her those roses. they do magic on women
Old 12-11-2001, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good news got 8k from ins. + my car back YAAA!!! What should i get next?? (EG6JDMspec)

Well guys thats not my car in my sig nor my avatar Thats prob. my fantasy car.
The car that i have right now is a 4dr 96 civic w/60k miles full interior done up with teggy seats, and yes i know... I know a body kit w/cf hood. Sorry to disapoint all of those hardcore JDM freaks but thats what i used to like and hey to be honnest my car still looks pretty hot. No graphics or outrages bodykit just nice simple & clean White and grey inside and out. Anyways Although a 4dr sedan sleeper seems intruiging i just think ive always wanted a hatch, whether it be an ef, eg or ek. But I know that whatever i get of course it'll be a b18c hybrid. All motor powered to the max. Im talking bout pistons, rods, cams, pp, i/h/e, clutch, lsd, chipped ecu, well you get the point.. I know its all up to me but just want some opinions. By the way da wife wants me to keep it. She says we have alot of memories ah ha ha ha!! Anyways i think that if i keep it Ill convert it to a 99/00 SI front end and take off the back bump for a stock with a lip. And paint it An Infinity Qx4 color that ive been drooling over. Its kinda like Dylans on Katmans site. Now thatll be Tiiite!! But then again i love the eg si cuz/ disc brakes on all 4, moonroof,
and all the other luxuries and plus the ease of install for gsr and not having to worry bout OBDI or II just drop in a 94 gsr no prob. But an EK is newer in styling and a lil bigger although heavier by a couple of 100lbs's but thats ok. Man!! Im so confused but in a good way. Wow i never had this oportunity.!!!!
Old 12-11-2001, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the car in my avatar is really a DREAM car ....
bar003 F1 car ....

then do what ur wife said ..... better off that way....

get the B18C5 ... drop it in ....
and if u want disc all around .... get the whole rear end suspension from another car and swap it in ....

have fun ...