Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

GOOD INTAKE?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GOOD INTAKE?????

Yesterday me and some friends were sitting around staring at our cars and decided to try and squezze some power out of my car(97 DX w/D16y7) They told me to take out the whole intake system out from the throttle body and tape on the filter which is ontop of the throttle body. so instead of having a pipe running down to my bumper i have a k/n flat stock filter taped to its spot. I noticed a pretty big power gain. My engine feels like it has V-TECH. It is also alot louder. My only concern is that the intake is sucking in too much hot air and that it could be damaging. Any advice??
Old 09-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GOOD INTAKE????? (datkidmikewitdacivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by datkidmikewitdacivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yesterday me and some friends were sitting around staring at our cars and decided to try and squezze some power out of my car</TD></TR></TABLE>

umm, interesting

oh yeah hot air isn't damaging
Old 09-29-2004, 06:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: GOOD INTAKE????? (skunk2eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by datkidmikewitdacivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yesterday me and some friends were sitting around staring at our cars and decided to try and squezze some power out of my car(97 DX w/D16y7) They told me to take out the whole intake system out from the throttle body and tape on the filter which is ontop of the throttle body. so instead of having a pipe running down to my bumper i have a k/n flat stock filter taped to its spot. I noticed a pretty big power gain. My engine feels like it has VTEC. It is also a lot louder. My only concern is that the intake is sucking in too much hot air and that it could be damaging. Any advice??</TD></TR></TABLE>

First I took the liberty of correcting a few things. Second WHY IN THE FU*K would you do that? If your going to be cheap like that, go buy some dryer exhaust tubing and run it inside the fender where a CAI would go. Dont be stupid.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:46 PM

Default Re: GOOD INTAKE????? (DOHC4life)

How bout just putting a pantyhose over the throttle body instead, its much less restrictive.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GOOD INTAKE????? (iixerOii)

first off...a d16y7 is a non-vtec engine. And take the time and setup a proper air intake system and not some 1/2 assed job like what you and your friends did.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:53 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iixerOii &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How bout just putting a pantyhose over the throttle body instead, its much less restrictive.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

or better yet, wrapping the panty hose around his neck and pull real hard. it'll feel like vtec i swear.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:54 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by datkidmikewitdacivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yesterday me and some friends were sitting around staring at our cars and decided to try and squezze some power out of my car(97 DX w/D16y7) They told me to take out the whole intake system out from the throttle body and tape on the filter which is ontop of the throttle body. so instead of having a pipe running down to my bumper i have a k/n flat stock filter taped to its spot. I noticed a pretty big power gain. My engine feels like it has V-TECH. It is also alot louder. My only concern is that the intake is sucking in too much hot air and that it could be damaging. Any advice??</TD></TR></TABLE>
The thought of your flat stock filter taped down to the TB is ******* mind boggling.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:59 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by datkidmikewitdacivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yesterday me and some friends were sitting around staring at our cars and decided to try and squezze some power out of my car(97 DX w/D16y7) They told me to take out the whole intake system out from the throttle body and tape on the filter which is ontop of the throttle body. so instead of having a pipe running down to my bumper i have a k/n flat stock filter taped to its spot. I noticed a pretty big power gain. My engine feels like it has V-TECH. It is also alot louder. My only concern is that the intake is sucking in too much hot air and that it could be damaging. Any advice??</TD></TR></TABLE>

im praying this is a joke...
Old 09-29-2004, 07:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I think his best bet to getting that m4d v3t4k would be to run with NOTHING but a the TB.
I didnt want to do this but I had no choice.......

You got lucky, my image host is down right now.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:08 PM

im pretty sure this is a joke.......otherwise some people are going to hell
Old 09-29-2004, 07:28 PM
Electrician

This is as bad as that other user, I believe his name is Civic_Rice. The one who placed sidemarker lights on top of his hole on the interior door panel. Also, riveted his inner door mouldings to the floor.

Take 5 steps back and seek public transportation.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:29 PM

That's probably the most ******* retarded thing I've heard in a LONG while. And I've heard some pretty stupid ****.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:30 PM

Default Re: GOOD INTAKE????? (Dirk Lance)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dirk Lance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first off...a d16y7 is a non-vtec engine. And take the time and setup a proper air intake system and not some 1/2 assed job like what you and your friends did. </TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!! 0wn3d
Old 09-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GOOD INTAKE????? (m3dia_lab)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m3dia_lab &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!! 0wn3d </TD></TR></TABLE>

nah not really...just truthful.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:35 PM

Ha had to do it VTEC NOT VTECH!!
Old 09-29-2004, 08:07 PM
Electrician

Default Re: (blaster834)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blaster834 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ha had to do it VTEC NOT VTECH!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

It was already done. Welcome to 30 minutes ago.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you = moron
your friends = bigger morons

please, stop touching your car. just put it back to stock and use it to get groceries and drive it to work. nothing else.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:47 PM

Default Re: GOOD INTAKE????? (Dirk Lance)

That's horrible. Seriously, just get a real intake.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Economic Upturn, WUT

Default Re: GOOD INTAKE????? (DOHC4life)

Im *sighing* to stupidity, Air intake is cheap and won't give you ****, im not even going to read this post because it seems useless, just get some piuece of **** off ebay and put a nice filter on it, done deal, bye.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

An intake for your car at the most will add a couple of hp...which you won't notice most of the time. Post some pics up. You could become rich selling the best intake on the market.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:43 PM

Default Re: GOOD INTAKE?????

Or what he could do to get rid of his hot air going into the filter is cut a hole in the hood and make it a ram air style set up. Kinda like the olds 442 set up. And if the filter still isnt tall enough to reach the hood get some PVC pipe and hook that to the filter to make it reach out the top of the hood. Or better yet just go to AutoZone or even walmart and spend 40.00 on a APC one. Wow some people do to their cars, its scary
Old 09-30-2004, 11:32 AM

Default Re: GOOD INTAKE????? (cappa)

**** u all
Old 09-30-2004, 12:01 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHAHHA HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAH AAAAAAHHHH
Old 09-30-2004, 12:41 PM
Trial User

Ghetto DIY
Old 09-30-2004, 12:50 PM

Default Re: GOOD INTAKE????? (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
you = moron
your friends = bigger morons </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats nothing but truth.

Quick Reply: GOOD INTAKE?????