Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

good experiences w/ JSPEED?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good experiences w/ JSPEED?

Im new to the scene and was wondering if anyone had any good/bad experiences w/ JSPEED in NC? I am thinking of having them swap a motor into my car. Any feedback will be greatly appriciated. Thanks!!
Old 03-12-2004, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: good experiences w/ JSPEED? (pastdunn)

Never heard anything good! I'll see if I can get you some info. soon as I can!
Old 03-12-2004, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: good experiences w/ JSPEED? (SiFan)

OK so far I've got slow and sloppy! One comment was "thief's"!!! More A.S.A.P.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump
Old 03-12-2004, 12:27 PM

Default Re: good experiences w/ JSPEED? (SiFan)

go to http://www.carolinahondas.com and search. There are lots of different things about them.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:27 PM

Thanks for the responses so far. Anything else I need to know?
Old 03-17-2004, 01:49 PM

JSpeed did a swap for me about a year and a half ago. They put a 96 (supposed to be a 99 w/ 40,000 miles per Cody) GSR motor into my 97 Civic coupe. I dropped the car off on Sat. afternoon and was driving it Wed. of the next week. Although we had acouple misunderstandings, everything came together decent I guess. No offense against Jamie but his office staff needed help. It seemed every time that you called Cody would tell some kind of lye before you hung up. I'd rather wait an extra day because something came up then be fed full of Cody's nonsense. I do know 2 others who have had swaps done by Jamie and his crew. One was a wiring nightmare. Everything worked but the ECU wiring looked like a big ball of wires. Another had a B20 turbo motor built and installed into his 4-door Civic. After a Hondata and some tuning it put well over 200 to the wheels. It seems now that the ARP head bolts that were supposed to be installed onto his car never did. 2 weeks ago while rolling down the road he blew a head gasket. After closer examination old stock head bolts were used and every sleeve in the motor is now broke. Is all of this just a coincidence? I dunno. I like Jamie as a person but I am starting to question the shops ability to fulfill all their promises, and do everything they were paid to do. Just my 2 cents. Its completely up to you where you spend your money.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: good experiences w/ JSPEED? (jdmgsrcoupe)

Damn!! Was it at least a good head gasket on that B20 ,one for boost? What the hell's with the bolts ,were they at least new or did they use the same ones from the motor before the build?
Old 03-22-2004, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: good experiences w/ JSPEED? (jdmgsrcoupe)

bump??
Old 03-22-2004, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you mean Jamie Dunn's shop(do ya'll share the same last name?),then i'd recommend them.i've known him for a long time now,and he knows his stuff.
this says it all,his sticker is one of the two that i have on my car:

Chris
Old 03-22-2004, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: good experiences w/ JSPEED? (TeamNextGenChris)

eeewww your bumper looks horrible. hate it when the exhaust does that
Old 03-22-2004, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: good experiences w/ JSPEED? (jL iLLuZiOnz 9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jL iLLuZiOnz 9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">eeewww your bumper looks horrible. hate it when the exhaust does that</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha yea, know what you mean
Old 03-24-2004, 10:05 AM

i have only had good experiences with jspeed, if i were you i would go visit the shop before taking anyones opinion on this board, even mine. form your own opinion, its your money you are going to spend.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:28 PM

Default Re: good experiences w/ JSPEED? (noman)

Hey chris, nice to see an old schooler stick up for me, not like these newbies, right?? All these new guys know everything...

You people can say what you want about me, it's not gonna bother me. I bend over backwards to help people out and it always gets me nowhere, but I do it nonetheless.

Gary, not too sure about your comment, not sure how to take it. I've never had anything against any of you. You all know how much I'd ever done for you, best pricing I could, free labor, etc. Like I've said, people always want more, more, more.

1. Gary, your engine, I'm not sure what happened, some type of mixup at Import Auto Salvage. Has there been any problems? Didn't I agree to fix any type of problems you might have? That was about 2 years ago? Seems to be running fine.

2. Alan's wiring? Don't remember that one, it was a long time ago, 2-3 years? I'm sure we fixed whatever problem he had with it, or we offered. Here's a link to the car, does the install look bad?? https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=645367

3. Maybe we should get to Jimmy's B20?? Alan said on Sunday that he was boosting 20 PSI on the stock sleeves.....any idiot on here can tell you that won't last, do a search. BTW, I have a copy of his last invoice here (Dated August 28 2003) that clearly state PR3 headbolts to be used, which they were, brand new, like I always do. Jimmy and his master engine builders inspected everything while I had it out of the car THE SECOND time I rebuilt it for FREE to make him happy, not to mention the new transmission I bought him, which WASN'T the problem. I think the engine did good to last 6 months on high boost and stock sleeves.

We have a lot of turnover, and I'm sure that not everyone can be happy, but we try. I'm just gonna say, it's a lot easier to say something BAD about somebody than it is good. Oh well.

Oh, I really like the way you used the word play on my name, "pastdunn". That's really clever.

I'm done here, I hate the internet. If anybody needs me, I'll be in the shop. 704-982-3724
thanks again,
-Jamie Dunn
Old 03-24-2004, 04:01 PM

Default Re: good experiences w/ JSPEED? (JSPEED)

Running 20 psi of boost from a single cam turbo on a 2 liter engine and stock B20 sleeves with 20 psi boost.
I don't think that the stock head bolts were the cause of the cracked sleeves, it sounds more like detonation to me. Especially running 20 psi on that turbo. Maybe you should learn to read an efficiency map for that turbo/compressor and let me know what you find out about that turbo on a 2 liter engine...

The engine builder is not to blame here, just the tuner and/or driver.

I have never seen or heard of Jspeed being thieves. Please enlighten everyone with some documented proof(ie. police report).

The internet is great for spreading misinformation and half-truths. Weed through the bullshit and form your own opinion before crucifying anyone.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:20 AM

Jamie is the man. Never heard of anything bad. Except for hooking up w/ 62 yr old ladies.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:26 PM

Default Re: good experiences w/ JSPEED? (JSPEED)

whats up its me jimmy i don't know were to start or what to say ,but use only one word (trust) i got jspeed to do an engine swap built b20 turbo i told you i wanted to boost 17 to 20 lbs you said ok no problem you built the engine and said it was done it was making a knocking noise you said you didn't know what it was so i said i would pay you to find it wile i would pay you to do the head to .you kept saying you thought it was the transmission we argued i told you it was in the bottom end you said it was the transmission i said o.k so it was your fought you put a transmission in the car not mine but you did say the car would hold 25lbs of boost over and over again and when Allan and robin picked up the car you said it again 25lbs no problem. you think i enjoyed paying around 7800 dollars the first time and close to 2 grand the second time and it still knocked and you didn't know what it was .. put it short trust is something you cant do with you .i work in a body shop and would never try to **** any customer and would fix it for free but thats just me . i wasn't going to say anything even though you stoled my exhaust manifold for my d16 turbo thin you were trying to sell it on honda-tech i said lessen learned but then you told Allan you built the engine for 10lbs not 25lbs like you kept saying .i got very mad but i lit it slide then you lied and wrote this on honda-tech to.so i decided to tell every one on this site the truth and not trust you.i hope you can sleep at night and look at your self in the mirror .the way i look at it i can look back at my life 20 years from now and i can honestly yes honestly say i never ****** anyone. in closing i just wanted to ge this off my chest and let people know the truth .im not mad anymore i fill sorry for you because if you don't change you wont have any friends or any work .you can trust me when i tell you that . so im not telling you people don't go there im just telling you what happened to me .i want to give thanks to my friends yes jspeed friends Allan, robin ,and gary .Waite ialmost forgot ,the honda sat this winter i only ran it once a week so it didn't even last 6 months even with a stock head gasket. so Jamie you can say and post any thing you wont to , because you and i both know the truth no matter what any says .im not going to reply to any thing that you post ,go ahead im bigger than that and life goes on. besides the knock was piston slap not the transmission duh stupid so if you don't know whats in the past is done hence pastdunn...