Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Good Exhaust For my 94 EG *Besides Greddy*

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Exhaust For my 94 EG *Besides Greddy*

im in need of an exhaust badly, and i wasnt sure what other exhausts out there were good, i have always ran with greddy, but i currently dont have the funds for greddy, so i am lookin in another direction now, but dont know where to look at, any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-20-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Good Exhaust For my 94 EG *Besides Greddy* (SLR SKiLLZ)

apex'i n1 or hks
Old 01-20-2005, 08:07 PM

rs*r gtII

exmag i like exmag too
Old 01-20-2005, 08:21 PM
ballin

Did you check this thread out?

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=856670
Old 01-20-2005, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how much you looking to spend? i'm getting boosted and got all my parts already and next 2 weeks im throwing all that **** on, so i can sell you my full DC exhaust, header and all. Let me know I'll sell cheap, email me at
winston402@gmail.com
Old 01-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tdocrx)

I just got an Apexi World Sport for $400 shipped, and I'm super-happy with it. It's got a good sound, but its still really quite so I don't attract any attention.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:12 PM

Default Re: (brentmc79)

no funds = stock
Old 01-20-2005, 09:12 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brentmc79 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just got an Apexi World Sport for $400 shipped, and I'm super-happy with it. It's got a good sound, but its still really quite so I don't attract any attention.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Where at?
Old 01-20-2005, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (litterbox)

Best I've seen is $340 ish in the sponsor forum.

Modified by t0p_sh0tta at 1:59 AM 1/21/2005
Old 01-20-2005, 09:25 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...=WDVW......heres an apexi world sport II for $340........... ...i got me one of these....
Old 01-20-2005, 09:35 PM
OG Tech

If your car is not Force Induction, its a waste of money buying exhaust from HKS and other high priced exhaust system. Just go to a muffler shop and get it done for cheap and buy an after market muffler like Thermal. There are actually muffler shops that will do "mandrel bent" for not that much of a price. There is one in Daily City that does "mandrel bent" exhaust for a low price and then you can have them weld a muffler that you bought. Thats what i did. Got a mandrel bent 2.25inch exhaust piping with a Thermal muffler for $200 all together. Works and sounds nice.

Modified by EGfosho at 8:53 AM 1/21/2005
Old 01-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

What's so great about GReddy? They fall apart after a couple of years.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:51 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brentmc79 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just got an Apexi World Sport for $400 shipped, and I'm super-happy with it. It's got a good sound, but its still really quite so I don't attract any attention.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes yes world sport is a great choice.
i reccomend that too

i was unsatisfied with the apex n1, the world sport is good, its quiet, and you can actually not worry about attention getting,

400, is well worth the ehxuast
Old 01-20-2005, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Good Exhaust For my 94 EG *Besides Greddy* (Outrun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Outrun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What's so great about GReddy? They fall apart after a couple of years.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree that's what happen to my ol' Trust SP exhaust. big disappointment
Old 01-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good Exhaust For my 94 EG *Besides Greddy* (sleeperciv)

does anyone know if theres any exhaust that comes out from an angle?
Old 01-20-2005, 10:28 PM
OG Tech

Ya but is Greddy 50 state legal and Apexi isn’t? Believe man, you don’t want some kind of a coffee can muffler that is illegal. Police use that to get under your hood and write you up some more tickets and get your **** Ref.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Re: Good Exhaust For my 94 EG *Besides Greddy* (EGfosho)

Any exhaust is legal as long as it doesn't mess with the car's emissions controls and as long as it does not exceed legal sound limits.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGfosho &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ya but is Greddy 50 state legal and Apexi isn’t? Believe man, you don’t want some kind of a coffee can muffler that is illegal. Police use that to get under your hood and write you up some more tickets and get your **** Ref.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's pure hype and myth. also a perfect marketing tool to use on people who don't know what part on a car is part of the emission system. I've known quite a few smog ref and smog techincans who always laugh at cops and people who don't know that a muffler is exactlly and what it means: it muffles the sound of the exhaust system, that's it. it doesn't filter the exhaust gases or anything. all it does is muffles the sound of the exhaust pusles that the engine produces.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:50 PM
OG Tech

Hmmmm that’s true, but Apexi and other company says specifically that there product is only for track use and not street use. I used to have the Apexi N1 exhaust on my Sentra and it was loud enough to be illegal. If an exhaust that can be heard 8ft behind you is illegal. This is what a police officer will do, pull you over say that it’s to loud and ask if you got a CARB sticker for it. If not they will write you up for modified exhaust. Then they ask you to pop open your hood, because a modified exhaust is also considered a modification to the engine. Which gives them a probable cause to see what you have under the hood. And there you go. But if you have the CARB sticker. They can’t do ****. You see what I’m saying.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGfosho &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[B]Apexi and other company says specifically that there product is only for track use and not street use[/B</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's true, basically it's to protect the companies *** and probably they don't have any intentions to get it smog legal in the first place when they designed the exhaust.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGfosho &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But if you have the CARB sticker. They can’t do ****. You see what I’m saying.</TD></TR></TABLE>

true to a certain extent. here's the catch though and I'm quite sure the majority of police departments will agree with me on this. It is the sole discretion of the officer if he/she feels that you are in violation of a law, they WILL cite you for it and expect you to show up in court and prove it to the judge. It sucks I know but that's how some PD work and that's how some cities get their money.

BTW police officers can always tell you to pop your hood. They don't need a reasonable doubt to get. The only thing they need is probable cause and once again the courts leave it to the sole discretion of the police officer. law enforcement is not a exact science, it can be flexible only when you are too.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:24 PM
OG Tech

Default Re: Good Exhaust For my 94 EG *Besides Greddy* (sleeperciv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sleeperciv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
true to a certain extent. here's the catch though and I'm quite sure the majority of police departments will agree with me on this. It is the sole discretion of the officer if he/she feels that you are in violation of a law, they WILL cite you for it and expect you to show up in court and prove it to the judge. It sucks I know but that's how some PD work and that's how some cities get their money.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmmm actually, the police officer gets in big trouble for writing tickets for legal equipment on your car. Take Officer Rossettie, from Fremont, CA, for an example. Even though you had a CARB sticker, he would still write a ticket to you. And you know what happen to the officer. Well, he wrote so many tickets to people that had Greddy and AEM, that the two companies sued Officer Rossettie. Illegal use of citation. Officer Rossettie got de-promoted where he can only pull over Commercial Trucks. Hehe.

But any ways. Yes Greddy is crap, Trust is Crap, and AEM is crap. Just dont get a loud coffee can muffler, they cause alot more problems.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:46 PM
Botched thread poll

lol
Old 01-21-2005, 01:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BIGBLOCKEK)

rs*r exmag:
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1076643
Old 01-21-2005, 05:22 AM

RSR GTII OWNZZZZ all
Old 01-21-2005, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am a big fan of the Thermal Exhaust. USA made and very well made at that.
You can by a header back for about $450

Modified by MeanstreakCivic at 6:37 AM 1/21/2005

Quick Reply: Good Exhaust For my 94 EG *Besides Greddy*