Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Is this a good deal? 5 Speed.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a good deal? 5 Speed.

Alright I'm looking to do a auto to manual swap and i found a ex transmission at a local junkyard and it has everything i need to complete the swap. the mechanic quoted me 250 to take out the transmission and 150 for the pedal assembly. Not sure if he will give me everything else needed with these prices. Should I do it? Note: This is for removal only and the gauge cluster says 120k on it. The car is a DX but it has a VTEC motor, so the person might have swapped it all out which means the motor and the transmission might have less miles than displayed. Just wondering because these suckers are hard to come around were I live. TIA
Old 02-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is this a good deal? 5 Speed. (CRISIS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRISIS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alright I'm looking to do a auto to manual swap and i found a ex transmission at a local junkyard and it has everything i need to complete the swap. the mechanic quoted me 250 to take out the transmission and 150 for the pedal assembly. Not sure if he will give me everything else needed with these prices. Should I do it? Note: This is for removal only and the gauge cluster says 120k on it. The car is a DX but it has a VTEC motor, so the person might have swapped it all out which means the motor and the transmission might have less miles than displayed. Just wondering because these suckers are hard to come around were I live. TIA</TD></TR></TABLE>

bump for a local
Old 02-04-2006, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Is this a good deal? 5 Speed. (CRISIS)

see if you can remove yourself for a cheaper price or try to negotiate with the guy. the only thing you really need would be the pedals and the clutch pedal sensor and a few other little things. those are the hard parts to get your hands on. the tranny is easy to find. but if thats everything to get the tranny running on your car then its a pretty good deal im not sure how much it would cost in your area but 400 is okay for all of that just make sure you get everything to get the tranny into your car and properly working.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you got the main things, but what about all the nitty gritty bolts motor mounts, clutch lines, master cylinder lines etc.

even if you do get everything, what makes you so sure that the tranny actually is in good condition?
Old 02-04-2006, 11:56 AM

Default Re: (ekcivic9)

that's the problem i'm not sure if it's worth it. should i just buy it, take it to a shop, have them check it out. i also plan on picking up all the nitty gritty stuff while the car is down. since it's already manual can i use the clutch MC and all the lines out of that car? edit: the pedal assembly will inlcude the sensor and the MT throttle cable. it's 100$ for this not 150$.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CRISIS)

I just got done doing an auto to manual swap....the parts i used were:

Manual Transmission
Auto-Manual Conversion Mount
Ek Manual CLutch Pedal
Clutch line, Master cyliner, & Slave clyinder
You have to do a little bit of wiring (pretty easy)

I already had a built motor and stuff to throw in it so i had alot of parts...your also going to need:

A flywheel
Clutch kit (Pressure Plate, Disk, T/O Bearing & pilot bearing)
Flywheel bolts
Pressure plate bolts
AND make sure your tranny comes with the fork

I also used a manual rear mount and bracket...not sure if you can use auto. I used this because i threw in my swap all together and did manual conversion at the same time.

As far as the pedals ...Just install the clutch pedal and leave your automatic brake and gas pedal...this alows you to use your automatic throttle cable and for the brake pedal just cut it with a grinder and cut the rubber pad with a sissor to look good and just throw it on and it will look stock as hell....i typed this up fast ...i may have missed some things but its pretty much all there....if you need me to go into detail just pm me.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (hotimportcrx)

what car is this for an EG or an EK??
Old 02-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just bought a parts car for $300 and got most everything I needed off of it. Your best bet is to find a junker with the stuff you need still in it. $300 got me the tranny, lines, pedals, everything I needed besides the mount you have to buy.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sicones)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sicones &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what car is this for an EG or an EK??</TD></TR></TABLE> eg
Old 02-05-2006, 01:10 PM

Default Re: (hotimportcrx)

How did you know? Well i just talked to one of the guys at the junkyard and they said for 400 they'll take out everything i need besides the clutch, flywheel, starter, and pressure plate(which are all parts i want to buy brand new anyways). What is this fork you are talking about hotimportcrx? Also where did you get the auto to manual swap motor mount from?

Modified by CRISIS at 4:40 PM 2/5/2006