Good Deal???

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Deal???

im looking to buy a 93 vx hatch...

$4,500 O.B.O.

75K on motor, 98' integra Ls swap, Skunk2 exhaust, Ground Control coil overs, jdm gauge cluster,jdm amber corner lights, B&M fuel pressure regulator and gauge, intake, short shifter, highflow cat,pioneer cd player xm satellite ready,Type R shift ****, fun to drive, never had a problem, runs strong and fast, 14.90 @ 93 mph 1/4 mile on steelies

is it worth it? its a compelete 98 ls swap so it has all the drivetrain
Old 07-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good Deal??? (meagainsttheworld)

I say yes, if it looks nice also.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh yeah the car itself has only 106k miles so thats pretty good...
Old 07-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (meagainsttheworld)

Like paint-wise?
Old 07-21-2006, 01:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 07-21-2006, 04:45 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by meagainsttheworld &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is it worth it? </TD></TR></TABLE>

your money, you tell me
Old 07-21-2006, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by meagainsttheworld &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im looking to buy a 93 vx hatch...

$4,500 O.B.O.

75K on motor, 98' integra Ls swap, Skunk2 exhaust, Ground Control coil overs, jdm gauge cluster,jdm amber corner lights, B&M fuel pressure regulator and gauge, intake, short shifter, highflow cat,pioneer cd player xm satellite ready,Type R shift ****, fun to drive, never had a problem, runs strong and fast, 14.90 @ 93 mph 1/4 mile on steelies

is it worth it? its a compelete 98 ls swap so it has all the drivetrain</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats a slow *** time.. if the car is nice, clean paint job clean interior drives and runs smooth.. maybe 3800.. thats all id pay
Old 07-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good Deal??? (siregcivic)

how is that slow for a 140hp motor?
Old 07-21-2006, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by meagainsttheworld &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how is that slow for a 140hp motor?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thought it was 142....anyways, that's at the flywheel...stock whp for that engine/car is approximately 109whp, with the upgrades I'd say maybe 115-117-TOPS 120 (which I doubt) So ur somewhere around there.. Anyways, fine for that car on steelies, if it were slicks I'd expect something more but that's fine :-\ Time like that u can shave a tenth or add a tenth (or 2 or 3) just by changing drivers...:-\

With that out of the way, do I think it's worth it? Yes, I do, I would say that's a good investment. This is just me talking though, I like it because it's got everything I'd want to do upgrade wise to continue to keep it a daily driver (unless I was going turbo) except for a header and a cold air intake.. I mean that's really my type of car right there, prettttty much stock, has some upgrades, nothing htat's gonna turn the car into a rocket

So I would pay that..how much is it worth though? Hrm, probably around 4500, it really isn't a horrible price, I would see ifu could talk him down to 4200 or 4300 (offer cash, cash gets people to sell for cheaper, trust me) But if it was me and I was shopping for a car I'd pay him 4500 for that...

only thing is....look into the background of it...who owned it? Kid who beat on it? also, look for rust, how's the body? It's got 75k, I'd change the water pump and timing belt ASAP because u dunno waht's really on teh motor..this is just **** I would do..but really look what it's got..does it leak in the rain, is the moulding falling off, are there rips and tears in the interior? is there any sratch marks on the outside, etc. etc. etc. Really g2 analyze the condition of it, pop the hood, is there any wet spots, people say to check how clean the engine is but that doesn't matter worth of **** in my opinion... check the oil...yeah I'm serious, if it's really low on oil how do u know he isn't/wasn't irresponsible and could have hurt or put an assload of wear on the engine due to lack of it...

THere's a million and one things you can do to check to see if you're going to have problems down the road but there's always a million and two possible problems if ya get what I"m sayin..i mean it's impossible to check for EVERYTHING, just look into what's goin on behind hte scenes to make sure it's not false :-\

Other than that, try to get him down to like 4.3k or 4.2k, but if he doesn't, oh well, I'd still pay 4.5k for that car
Old 07-21-2006, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

one question... does ls take premium gas?
Old 07-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good Deal??? (fast95eg8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fast95eg8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I say yes, if it looks nice also.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yep...i like the 1/4 time...especially in the LS swap...post some pics bro...
Old 07-22-2006, 01:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

also... he said the chasis has 106k miles on it... but he said he put a jdm cluster in... is it possible that he rolled it back?? and if so... is there a way to check the actual mileage... cuz i heard that the insurence company records the mileage when you frist get it
Old 07-22-2006, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump..
Old 07-22-2006, 07:30 AM

Default Re: (meagainsttheworld)

Is the Ls usdm??? If so just look for the vin number and get that carfax report, other than that, i don't think there is any way possible.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by meagainsttheworld &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how is that slow for a 140hp motor?</TD></TR></TABLE>

because i got a 15.15 with a 125 hp motor... also the ls has alot mor tq than the single cam vtec that i have...

get it.. it could be a good setup.. maybe go turbo.. or get a second gen b16 head and go ls vtec its up to u man
Old 07-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nvm... looked at the car... the paint job was shitty... and body needed some work... the interior was not the best... absolutely not worth my money
Old 07-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes..ummm what kinda condition is the body in? If the body's in decent condition I'd say definately, but if it's a rust bucket I'd try to talk it down...also look at the interior...make sure it's not full of tears...
Old 07-23-2006, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Good Deal??? (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thought it was 142....anyways, that's at the flywheel...stock whp for that engine/car is approximately 109whp, with the upgrades I'd say maybe 115-117-TOPS 120</TD></TR></TABLE>

none of those upgrades are even power adders. more like "stock whp for the engine/car is 109whp, with the upgrades i'd say maybe 109whp"

EDIT: Nevermind, I didnt realize it had a JDM cluster. You're right probably 120whp.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good Deal??? (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thought it was 142....anyways, that's at the flywheel...stock whp for that engine/car is approximately 109whp, with the upgrades I'd say maybe 115-117-TOPS 120 (which I doubt) So ur somewhere around there.. Anyways, fine for that car on steelies, if it were slicks I'd expect something more but that's fine :-\ Time like that u can shave a tenth or add a tenth (or 2 or 3) just by changing drivers...:-\

With that out of the way, do I think it's worth it? Yes, I do, I would say that's a good investment. This is just me talking though, I like it because it's got everything I'd want to do upgrade wise to continue to keep it a daily driver (unless I was going turbo) except for a header and a cold air intake.. I mean that's really my type of car right there, prettttty much stock, has some upgrades, nothing htat's gonna turn the car into a rocket

So I would pay that..how much is it worth though? Hrm, probably around 4500, it really isn't a horrible price, I would see ifu could talk him down to 4200 or 4300 (offer cash, cash gets people to sell for cheaper, trust me) But if it was me and I was shopping for a car I'd pay him 4500 for that...

only thing is....look into the background of it...who owned it? Kid who beat on it? also, look for rust, how's the body? It's got 75k, I'd change the water pump and timing belt ASAP because u dunno waht's really on teh motor..this is just **** I would do..but really look what it's got..does it leak in the rain, is the moulding falling off, are there rips and tears in the interior? is there any sratch marks on the outside, etc. etc. etc. Really g2 analyze the condition of it, pop the hood, is there any wet spots, people say to check how clean the engine is but that doesn't matter worth of **** in my opinion... check the oil...yeah I'm serious, if it's really low on oil how do u know he isn't/wasn't irresponsible and could have hurt or put an assload of wear on the engine due to lack of it...

THere's a million and one things you can do to check to see if you're going to have problems down the road but there's always a million and two possible problems if ya get what I"m sayin..i mean it's impossible to check for EVERYTHING, just look into what's goin on behind hte scenes to make sure it's not false :-\

Other than that, try to get him down to like 4.3k or 4.2k, but if he doesn't, oh well, I'd still pay 4.5k for that car</TD></TR></TABLE>
i thought it was like around 120whp
Old 07-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good Deal??? (professor poon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by professor poon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">none of those upgrades are even power adders. more like "stock whp for the engine/car is 109whp, with the upgrades i'd say maybe 109whp"

EDIT: Nevermind, I didnt realize it had a JDM cluster. You're right probably 120whp.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so that jdm cluster gives u 11hp??? lol

upgrades maybe 109.. oh jdm cluster ya 120 lol
Old 07-24-2006, 12:26 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by siregcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so that jdm cluster gives u 11hp??? lol

upgrades maybe 109.. oh jdm cluster ya 120 lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

hell yeah, almost all JDM parts give you extra HP. Even the red H emblems are 5hp
Old 07-24-2006, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Good Deal??? (professor poon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by professor poon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hell yeah, almost all JDM parts give you extra HP. Even the red H emblems are 5hp</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, these jokes never get old
Old 07-26-2006, 02:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Good Deal??? (thahuhstunna)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thahuhstunna &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow, these jokes never get old </TD></TR></TABLE>

LMFAO
Old 07-26-2006, 08:04 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thahuhstunna &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow, these jokes never get old </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hahahhahahahha

Quick Reply: Good Deal???