Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

good buy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good buy?

hey guys. i was lookin to buy a civic, and i want yours guys opinion.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/...t=200

it just seems like a good buy to me. looks agressive and stuff ya kno. tha interiori looks bomb, so does that body kit..please let me know what u think..
Old 08-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: good buy? (teh drifter)

if you like then do it. there's no need for the opinion of others. especially on here!
Old 08-07-2006, 01:16 PM

do u think that its worth buying if i wanted to use it for street racing? like what could i beat with that civic, probably alot of cars on the road. right? what about drifting? it could be a good drift car, lightweight, lot of power?
Old 08-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

spend 8000 buying it, another 6000 or so getting all the rice off, then spend another grand getting a real suspension since airbags cant handle, and maybe then you can finally have some time to drop a real motor in it.

but hey, it has NAWZ.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teh drifter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do u think that its worth buying if i wanted to use it for street racing? like what could i beat with that civic, probably alot of cars on the road. right? what about drifting? it could be a good drift car, lightweight, lot of power?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Please.

If you have questions like these you would do better by IM-ing one of the guys here. This kind of stuff will get you flamed and laughed at. If you are serious about this IM me and I'll talk you through some stuff.

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teh drifter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do u think that its worth buying if i wanted to use it for street racing? like what could i beat with that civic, probably alot of cars on the road. right? what about drifting? it could be a good drift car, lightweight, lot of power?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i really hope your kidding.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

WTF is with you trying to buy that car for 8G's... ?

Here's my 2 cents... buy a 96-00 civic with no modification BONE STOCK manual if possible for and do the mods yourself and the way you learn how to fix your own car... bet you $1000 that the car will f-up after 4 months in your hands!
Old 08-07-2006, 02:19 PM

You want my opinion .... that car looks like a hunk of ****!
Old 08-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that car looks like ****.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For looks it's good....power/handling I don't know...probably not...

I personally wouldn't buy it b/c I'm not into a tricked out lookin car, I rather have a rust bucket w/ a 600whp engine, but if it floats ur boat it looks nice...u DEFINATELY posted this is the wrong forum because hondatech HATES cars that look nice..they only like stock and JDM stock.... So u really need to stop posting stuff like that here or ur just going to get bitched out... IMO, I like show cars...and that's a show car...but u can't use 'em as daily drivers...really can't...if ur lookin for a show car, that'd be an okay buy, then u can keep trickin it out more...but if u want it as a daily driver I'd say no..

Old 08-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

Couple of Pros in Cons When Buying That Specific Car:

Pros
You might like "Rice"
Its all show no go..well it does have nos yo
If your into the whole custom airbag then you can slam it

Cons
Honda-tech and myself hate "Rice" Cars
It will cost you more money to take off that body kit since it does eventually crack, chip, scratch.
Rims are way too damn big
That widebody kit is hideous
Air Rideon a civic hb? WTF? Just get Ground Control Coilovers

Do as you please.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

big flame throwers coming your way. that drifting comment-classic thanks for the laugh.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (nello a.)

OOOOOOhhh WOW

I remember when I was like that. Dude, body kits don't add horsepower. Yes, this is what's called a flame. IM someone and let them tell you what is cool. That's what happened to me when I was here, your mind will totally change when you see the scene. The 'scene' on H-T is like what Syndacate said. Cars like that just aren't practical man. I bet my V-6 Pontiac Van will own it hardcore on a strip and on a track. Unless it's swapped or pushing over 10lbs of boost, you aren't going to get sucked into the seat. If you want a fast car for 8k buy a shell and invest X dollars into the build, or buy a trans-am.

It sounds like your 16 and buying your first car though, or 15 and planning. Buy a stock car, and hang out here until you know what real car modding is like. Body kits are the 90's man. The stock look is the new. Welcome to H-T.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OOOOOOhhh WOW

I remember when I was like that. Dude, body kits don't add horsepower. Yes, this is what's called a flame. IM someone and let them tell you what is cool. That's what happened to me when I was here, your mind will totally change when you see the scene. The 'scene' on H-T is like what Syndacate said. Cars like that just aren't practical man. I bet my V-6 Pontiac Van will own it hardcore on a strip and on a track. Unless it's swapped or pushing over 10lbs of boost, you aren't going to get sucked into the seat. If you want a fast car for 8k buy a shell and invest X dollars into the build, or buy a trans-am.

It sounds like your 16 and buying your first car though, or 15 and planning. Buy a stock car, and hang out here until you know what real car modding is like. Body kits are the 90's man. The stock look is the new. Welcome to H-T. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont know about buying a trans-am but everything else this guy says is nothing but the truth....
Old 08-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For looks it's good....power/handling I don't know...probably not...

I personally wouldn't buy it b/c I'm not into a tricked out lookin car, I rather have a rust bucket w/ a 600whp engine, but if it floats ur boat it looks nice...u DEFINATELY posted this is the wrong forum because hondatech HATES cars that look nice..they only like stock and JDM stock.... So u really need to stop posting stuff like that here or ur just going to get bitched out... IMO, I like show cars...and that's a show car...but u can't use 'em as daily drivers...really can't...if ur lookin for a show car, that'd be an okay buy, then u can keep trickin it out more...but if u want it as a daily driver I'd say no..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i wouldn't say that the majority of honda-tech ONLY likes stock. i think its safe to say that a BLITZ kit or those stupid EVO kits w/ the HUGE foglight holes are the "type" of kits that are shunned(SP?). it has to do w/ the flow/lines of the car and if its gaudy(SP?) well..it just looks stupid. C-west ftw.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My pile of Crap is 10x's better looking than that POS. LOL.. sorry for the flame, it was a flame ready to happen!..hahahah
Old 08-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For looks it's good...</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF are you talking about? looks! looks like crap

Your taste
Old 08-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: good buy? (OCjuice)

Street racing? I wouldn't take that thing to a street race if you payed me to. You could beat a 3cyl Metro, but that's about it.

Drifting? Kid, do you even know what drifting is? A Civic *** drags, it does not drift. You need RWD for drift.

A lot of power? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHHHAAAAA

*thud*

No.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:07 PM

Default Re: good buy? (SovXietday)

sorry man i dont think its a verry good buy... in fact i think its a complete rip off

if you are not that good with cars witch it doesint seem like you are, i would just buy a clean EG or even an EF that someone already swaped and built for probaly half of that money and you will have alot more fun with it

expecialy if you are from around the tampa area pm me and i can help you out with a car
Old 08-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The more I think about this....he's a troll.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

he has to be
Old 08-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: (InfraRed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -Gary- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The more I think about this....he's a troll.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think he's 15... I was like that... right after I saw Fast and teh FURIOUS... He must've just seen tokyo drift. I haven't seen tokyo drift but I bet there's a civic hatchback drifting in it. No doubt it has a rwd d series with a b16 head and an s2k driveaxle. Cuz their mad tyte.

W0wXors
Old 08-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bmoua)

i feel bad for that ek....i wish she could be saved
Old 08-07-2006, 05:48 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: (GreyDel)

Yeah, that ek prolly had real potential, R.I.P. Ek civic!

BTW I didn't like trans-ams until My uncle had one for a few years and I drove it a fews times a month. Now I got my own. Reliable, fast, and good gas mileage. New muscle is teh own. It is kinda redneck, but I'll always love how a honda sits and the enthusiasm people have for them. So i drive an Ek hatch and a trans-am.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:10 PM

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

LOL The funny thing is Tokyo Drift is all RWD cars not one FWD cept for the scion!!
what i have to say is buy that sell all the rice parts save that money buy stock jdm body parts than get a better swap!

Quick Reply: good buy?