Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

golden eagle eletric water pump convertion???

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default golden eagle eletric water pump convertion???

i saw in one of the mags where they installed a electric water pump and replace the real water pump with a pulley only (looks just like the water pump but without the fins to pump water). the dyno show major gains. think it was 10hp to 15HP through out the entire rpm, and not in the power band. the company claims the electric pump will dish out 30gpm while hondas mech. pump only dishes out 25gpm. (gpm means gallon per minute). has anyone try this prduct yet? do you think its for racing only? i mean does anyone know if this product has longvity for a daily?
Old 06-25-2008, 09:59 AM

Default Re: golden eagle eletric water pump convertion??? (nasteawhun)

the pumps were great when we made them but there discontinued
Old 06-25-2008, 08:56 PM

can you make a custom one for me???/ or do you have any in the back as back stock...lol
Old 06-26-2008, 07:31 AM

Default Re: (nasteawhun)

no sorry we do plan on making them again someday just not sure when
Old 06-26-2008, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (Golden Eagle)

How exactly does a water pump change give you 10-15hp? Most it will do is keep the engine at a steady operating temperature
Old 06-26-2008, 07:56 AM

Default Re: (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How exactly does a water pump change give you 10-15hp? Most it will do is keep the engine at a steady operating temperature </TD></TR></TABLE>by eliminating the stock water pump the motor does not have to work as hard to spin the water pump and that frees up hp
Old 07-20-2008, 02:14 AM

Default Re: (Golden Eagle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Golden Eagle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">by eliminating the stock water pump the motor does not have to work as hard to spin the water pump and that frees up hp </TD></TR></TABLE>

CAN I GET AN "AMEN"

Golden eagle will you post up when those electric water pumps will be back in business.

I would seriously like to get one.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm interested too, I just hope their replacement pulley works 100% like the OEM one.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:04 AM

Default Re: golden eagle eletric water pump convertion??? (nasteawhun)

it might be a better hp gain but i think that it might not have the longevity of a normal pump. i might be wrong, but how many amps would it consume and would you be forced to upgrade the alt. to one with a higher amp rating. all this is in theory, sounds good for a race application but i doubt it to be good for street. i might be wrong.i would like to know.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: golden eagle eletric water pump convertion??? (the honda king)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by the honda king &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it might be a better hp gain but i think that it might not have the longevity of a normal pump. i might be wrong, but how many amps would it consume and would you be forced to upgrade the alt. to one with a higher amp rating. all this is in theory, sounds good for a race application but i doubt it to be good for street. i might be wrong.i would like to know.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was thinking the same thing...sorta. I was thinking the alternator can handle it fine, I'm sure, but call a spade a spade, I don't care how you slice it, an electric pump will never last as long as a pulley driven bearing assembly. Which means this thing will take a **** on the road...and that'll lead to a nice tow bill.

I as well see it good for street apps, but not more.

I looked into doing this myself, under the pretense of "well they use electric pumps for wells 'n ****, why can't I use one for my car" - then if you think about the sense of it, and you come to the conclusion of the short life of an electric motor - stick with the OEM one IMO. I don't think the 15hp gain is worth time on the side of the road, or if you don't notice your temp through the roof, smoldering ur engine.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:41 AM

Default Re: golden eagle eletric water pump convertion??? (Syndacate)

i concur....
Old 07-21-2008, 02:19 PM

Default Re: golden eagle eletric water pump convertion??? (the honda king)

i know guys still running these on the street and track from when we made them back in the day 3 or 4 years ago and there still running fine although we did make these more for race cars. wish we still made them maybe someday soon we will start again.