Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Getting Upper strut bar, need rear?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting Upper strut bar, need rear?

Ok folks, so just a little thought i had on me old noggin...
I am going to get a neuspeed upper strut bar, but was thinking, will that kind of throw things off, stiffening the front end up, but, not making the back stiffer?? just kind of curios what the benefits are? to adding the back one that is.. TIA!!
Old 07-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Getting Upper strut bar, need rear? (aphex23)

You're really not going to notice a difference, and this comes from personal experience. I use a Neuspeed front strut bar and didn't really notice any benefits. On certain occassions I can tell the chassis is stiffer, though. But in terms of handling I can't tell much of a difference with or without it. I also use a Tanabe rear strut bar and again didn't notice much. I mainly bought the Tanabe unit because it was cheap and I just wanted something to purchase. You'll be fine running either or both.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Getting Upper strut bar, need rear? (Daniel)

you really didnt notice it?? what kind of suspesion setup ya runnin?
Old 07-08-2004, 09:04 PM

No, you'll be fine.. i had a dc front strut bar and no upper rear one.. you won't even really notice a difference in the upper strut bar though. i would go with some sway bars
Old 07-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Getting Upper strut bar, need rear? (CivicVXHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicVXHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No, you'll be fine.. i had a dc front strut bar and no upper rear one.. you won't even really notice a difference in the upper strut bar though. i would go with some sway bars</TD></TR></TABLE>Hmm, maybe ill just do that, no sense on spending money on a something that isnt going to make a noticable difference..
Old 07-08-2004, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aphex23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you really didnt notice it?? what kind of suspesion setup ya runnin?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Koni Yellows, lowering springs, Progress rear anti-sway bar, Neuspeed front strut bar, Tanabe rear strut bar, Cusco front tie bar, 15" wheels with 205/50-15s.

Actually, the only time I can tell my chassis has stiffened from the strut bars is when I angle up a driveway. Without the bars, all wheels would remain touching the ground. With the bars, I notice that if I go up the SAME driveway at the same angle, the front passenger wheel lifts off the ground if I approach the driveway from the right. I'm not sure how much my car appreciates it, though.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well, your pretty covered there arent ya mr! nice setup, yeah, maybe i will skip the upper strut bar, and get some tie bars, till i have nothing left to buy for my car
Old 07-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aphex23 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> till i have nothing left to buy for my car </TD></TR></TABLE>
That will never happen! When I was boosted on the GReddy kit, I thought, Man, now I'm set! But then I had to get rid of it, so I said, "Okay, no more **** for my car." But then I went through another setup and another and well, this **** ain't never stoppin', BITCH!
Old 07-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hehe, yeah, god bless cars, a.ka., money burners...