Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

this is getting to be sad

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 this is getting to be sad

Ok, well im a huge fan of honda. Ill probably never buy anything but honda's. OK to the point, you people that sell your stock *** eg hatchs for more than 3000 even if there clean as **** thats way to much its 2008 almost 2009 the value has to go down some time in this earth's life time. Im 17 and how is my generation gonna pass on honda'a if you *** holes are gonna sell a 1500 dollar car for 6000. Ill tell you what honda's will be passed on to rich stuck up ***s who dont even know how to change tires or change oil. I know the economy sucks and were all trying to get money i just lost my job and am stuck with a blown up hatch and im working real hard for money to get a motor and im getting no where. The last time i checked gas is going down and no one on this Forum is worrying that much. So please people be realist dont be ****ing pussies!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

eg hatch for 3 grand sounds like an average deal to me.... stop crying cuz u cant find a good deal. who cares if book value is only 500 dollars its about supply and demand. you demand, so we supply....with a price accordingly. so stop bitching to hondatech about your problems when you know absolutely nothing about the honda community and why prices are as such.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 90Rexx
its about supply and demand. you demand, so we supply....with a price accordingly.

My world revloves around supply and demand. the higher the demand with a low supply of good clean examples... the higher the price...
Old 11-25-2008, 08:17 AM

3000 grand for a really clean stock hatch sounds fair but 6000 just cause some *** put rims on his car, and you dont see any problem with that. You dont know what i know what i said has nothing to do with supply and demand you ****ing dumb ***
Old 11-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by egsmatch911
Ok, well im a huge fan of honda. Ill probably never buy anything but honda's. OK to the point, you people that sell your stock *** eg hatchs for more than 3000 even if there clean as **** thats way to much its 2008 almost 2009 the value has to go down some time in this earth's life time. Im 17 and how is my generation gonna pass on honda'a if you *** holes are gonna sell a 1500 dollar car for 6000. Ill tell you what honda's will be passed on to rich stuck up ***s who dont even know how to change tires or change oil. I know the economy sucks and were all trying to get money i just lost my job and am stuck with a blown up hatch and im working real hard for money to get a motor and im getting no where. The last time i checked gas is going down and no one on this Forum is worrying that much. So please people be realist dont be ****ing pussies!
Whaaaaaaaa. cry some more the only question I have is WHERE IS THE TECH
Honda-Tech Member

all i can say is good luck.
Honda-Tech Member

UGH!! somebody call the wahbulance!!!! dam dood ur only 17!!! relax!!! regardless if someone turns wrenchez or not that aint got **** to do with anything... in fact...if everyone knew how to do their own work than techs like me would not be in buisness!! so know your role youngun!! stay in school ,, study really really hard ,,, become something or **** even go to a reputable tech school and maybe your broke hatch'll be fixed one day!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so how much you wanna pay for one? only looking for EGs? or would a fairly clean STOCK EK work?

If you don't have answers for those, then all I see is whining.

and, for the record, I'm kinda just F%$king with ya!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:23 AM

but there doesnt have to be that high of a demand on a stock car cause they just painted there rims i understand supply and demand but when the demend is getting to high its impossibe for people like me to even get a chance. Oh and im not bitching cause i have no running car im getting a clean *** ls swat out of a 2000 integra but that doesn't make my car six grand does it
Old 11-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

are you for real bro. get a ****ing job and save up like most of us did. your the *****. you get what you pay for. if you want a $1500 civic buy one it wont be anything like what one of the higher priced ones are like. we put time and effort into our cars. for what so we can sell it to broke *** kids like you, i think not. do you have any idea what a paint job costs your lucky if its under $2000. how about that b swap done right with good parts another $2000. now waht about the suspension and wheels easily $1500. the list could go on. thats not even with the price of the car. even if you do the work your self like many of us do,then its worth even more to us. we never get what we put into our cars. jsut remember you always get what you pay for. shut up get a job and save some money. your way to new to be coming at the people on here like this.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exactly what year Honda are you seeking? You appear to be near Pittsburgh. Go to http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/, search for Civics and set a price limit of $3000. Much promising comes up. Check nearby Ohio cities' craigslists too.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:27 AM

i would par 2500 for a clean eg and it would all depend on the ek.

this post was to **** on the ***s that dont know **** about cars and go to autozone and put blinkers and light up shift ***** on there honda's and sell em for six grand. and all thats coming from it is you guys supporting them. now come on they buy nice honda's sometimes and just ruin them
Old 11-25-2008, 08:31 AM

I dont think you guys get what im saying a stock *** civic that decent just because they put rims on them its not worth 6000 if any one would buy that ill shoot my self for all of you ***s to clean me up
Old 11-25-2008, 08:35 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

im getting a clean *** ls swat out of a 2000 integra but that doesn't make my car six grand does it

wtf... your "getting"...which means you dont have it yet... and thats not a real bswap fool... get some vtec! real b series
Old 11-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
My opinion is that you should post this in the proper place as this is the tech area.

But for the record. I paid $14K CDN for a bone stock 00' EM1 2 years ago. No rust, no abuse and only 60,000 kms on it that's roughly 37,282 miles. And that's in an area where you're lucky if you can find 1 on the market let alone 2 to chose from.

Cheap cars are out there, just keep looking and don't expect to find one right away, I was looking for 6 months before I found mine.

P.S. If someone is selling his car for 6K with only rims on it, it's his right to do so, you don't have to buy it right... Eventually you will find one.
If "supply and demand" end up driving the cost up so that one day a stock hatch with rims for 6K is the norm. We'll just have to resolve ouselves to paying that price or buying something else. Welcome to life.

Last edited by B16AGUY; 11-25-2008 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you mad that they are making money off their "pieces of ****"?
Old 11-25-2008, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by irollerblade
Are you mad that they are making money off their "pieces of ****"?
^^^^ WORD!!! and for the record something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:55 AM
kp
Honda-Tech Member

i would par 2500 for a clean eg and it would all depend on the ek.

this post was to **** on the ***s that dont know **** about cars and go to autozone and put blinkers and light up shift ***** on there honda's and sell em for six grand. and all thats coming from it is you guys supporting them. now come on they buy nice honda's sometimes and just ruin them
Sounds like you don't know how to look for a used car. Get a job and then get a clue, you're still a little breastfeeder.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A car is worth what you are willing to pay.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wrenchez81
^^^^ WORD!!! and for the record something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it!!!
X2! If YOU think it's too much then walk away.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i think he has problems. haha.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:08 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

buy egs from retired people that do not know about the "movement" and sell them to posers from the movement

I got my EG running for $450... just got another one last week for $1500 with a b18 in it already
Old 11-25-2008, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought a 95 ex coupe with 40k on the motor for 800 : )
Old 11-25-2008, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about because all of your posts say something different and don't really make any sense. From what I gather, you're bitching about the resale value of Hondas being too expensive? Welcome to America. Go look up supply and demand, it's one of the basic tenets of the way this country runs. Stop complaining and get a job, or go buy a Chevy.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I used to think the same as the OP.

I started in the Honda community 10 years ago, the OP's age, I admit I was a muscle head 1984 Buick Regal, 350 4 bolt main, posi., etc. etc., than gas prices rose to above $3 friggin dollars/ gallon!

I thought hmmz . . . honda 1.8l (B18c) on average 100hp/ltr 32-36 mpg, 2k lbs car vs. the Buick w at best 18 mpg 3k pound car.

I thought how the hell is those #'s possible?

I did some homework and I went out looking for a cheap used obd1 honda/acura to tear apart and see what made them tick. I tell ya Japan was well ahead of their game and came into the U.S.A. at the right time . . . during the 70's gas crunch . . . anyway, there wasn't one out there that was clean and cancer free.

I have many friends that turned me to hondas, "Hondas are like tinker toys and erector sets with their Acura counterparts, making swaps easy etc." "OBD1 teggy motors basically Plugs and plays into a obd1 Civic except, for knock and AIB"

Hmmmz, ok, then it came to purchase one, OMFG $3.5K WTF for a BEAT Civic! I brought friends with me and they said holy hell it's a good deal. I looked at them like they had three heads. No way in hell.

Then the one thing was told to me that has stuck with me 'till this day, listen up . . .

Honda/Acura street price > book price . . . always! So . . . my advice to you would be get to know the Honda/Acura street prices . . .

For example . . .

Book price on a decently clean, "cancer free" 92-95 Hatchy would be $1,200-$1,800 and thas with 200k on the clock.

Street prices, same car $2,500-3K is a decent deal, 2,000-2,800 is a steal.

I've learned, through time, if I got what you absolutely want, need, and have ASAP, I can name any price I want that you are willing to pay.

For example,

I'd drop with out a problem $8-9K on a RHD legit, JDM Imported Hatchy to add to my collection of Hondas. Now I found one for 7k which is a good deal. I don't have the $$$, so I'll save my $$$'s and hopefully I'll come across one that's just as clean and cheap.

I'm not rich by any means, but as you will learn this is just the honda street way. Sorry to hear about you loosing your job. You'll find something you want, need and have to have, just make sure you keep saving your $$$.
to get it.

Like many peeps say in this post . . .
Supply and Demand . . . Low Supply of fairly clean Hondas/Acuras + High Demand for fairly clean Hondas/Acuras = High street resale values!!!

Good luck man!

Quick Reply: this is getting to be sad