Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Getting ready to buy another Honda but I have been out of the scene a little while and have a few ?? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/getting-ready-buy-another-honda-but-i-have-been-out-scene-little-while-have-few-997856/)

ringgold 09-20-2004 10:49 PM

Getting ready to buy another Honda but I have been out of the scene a little while and have a few ??

Alright its a 92 DX it has B18C swap with an Teg harness and a Automatic GSR Integra ECU. It originaly started up but would idle all crazy like it would rev to 4000 rpms and the surge down and keep doing it I guess. While trying to troubleshoot that problem they went to start the car back up but it wouldnt do anything. The fuel pump will not work while in the tank but they took it out and wired it straight to the battery and it ran. Could the main relay be bad??

Im about ready to get this car for a good price and this is the only problems with it other than a few other little odds and ends stuff that isnt that major. Any info that yall can give will be greatly appreciated. Also put the key into the ignition tonight and turned to try to prime the fuel pump and it did nothing we did here a slight little clicking going on somewhere.

B16Drag 09-20-2004 11:02 PM

vaccuum?

ringgold 09-21-2004 07:35 AM

Re: (B16Drag)

Vacuum would cause the fuel pump not to work in the tank??

ringgold 09-21-2004 09:19 AM

Re: (ringgold)

COuld it be the main relay and what is the best way to check this out?? Also could a ground wire not hooked up also cause this problem??

gunnis 09-21-2004 09:53 AM

Re: Getting ready to buy another Honda but I have been out of the scene a little while and have a fe

The main relay is notorious for going bad in the 92-95 year range.search around theres threads here. I suggest try replacing that, and check that the ground on the fuel pump is forsure connected well.good luck

ringgold 09-21-2004 10:07 AM

Re: Getting ready to buy another Honda but I have been out of the scene a little while and have a fe

Thanks man I have searched around a little and noticed that many others have had some problems with the main relay.

gunnis 09-21-2004 10:43 AM

if possible go to a junkyard or find a buddy with a similar car and swap it for yours to see if thats the problem. there around $80 from honda but i am in canada.

ringgold 09-21-2004 11:37 AM

Will the relays out of a 91 hatchback work in the 92 hatchback? I dont know if this has anything to do with it but his has a B16 swap?

ringgold 09-22-2004 11:26 AM

I changed the relay wasnt it. I got into the engine bay and found a loose ground on the thermostat housing and tightened it down. It works now the car actually started but its running really ruff like all the plugs are done for.

ringgold 09-22-2004 11:31 AM

I changed the relay wasnt it. I got into the engine bay and found a loose ground on the thermostat housing and tightened it down. It works now the car actually started but its running really ruff like all the plugs are done for.

ringgold 09-22-2004 11:40 AM

ringgold 09-23-2004 12:15 PM

I changed the plugs and it fired right up. The only problems now is it has a surging idle when i start it until it reaches a certain tempurature and I dont think the vtec is working? SHouldnt be that big of a problem though it runs great other than those 2 problems