Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

getting f'in sick of my automatic sedan

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 12:41 AM
TheAutoboxer

Default getting f'in sick of my automatic sedan

ok.. this is really getting to me.. i have a 99 civic sedan auto,.. it's riced out, half assed, and annoying. right now i owe 3 more years at 183 a month.. i think i can get about 6k.. has anyone else done this.. finance a car and sell it, keep the money and buy / mod out anther car and keep paying till the previous car is played off.. i really want a 92-95 hatchback, y8 swap, turbo, and a really nice look/jdm style..

the sedan got old. quick.. give me some advise guys, i'm stressin here..
also, how much is a normal swap run you guys, being a y8, sohc it should'nt be that much.. but a built y8 for turbo should be fun, and save me some money
Old 08-26-2003, 01:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: getting f'in sick of my automatic sedan (menkio)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by menkio &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok.. this is really getting to me.. i have a 99 civic sedan auto,.. it's riced out, half assed, and annoying. right now i owe 3 more years at 183 a month.. i think i can get about 6k.. has anyone else done this.. finance a car and sell it, keep the money and buy / mod out anther car and keep paying till the previous car is played off.. i really want a 92-95 hatchback, y8 swap, turbo, and a really nice look/jdm style..

the sedan got old. quick.. give me some advise guys, i'm stressin here..
also, how much is a normal swap run you guys, being a y8, sohc it should'nt be that much.. but a built y8 for turbo should be fun, and save me some money</TD></TR></TABLE>

To sell the car you need to payoff the bank you have the car loan with. Once you find a buyer for the car, he/she gives you the money for the car, you payoff the bank and then they will give you the pink slip, give pink slip to new owner.

The suck part is if there is gap. Say you owe $9000 on the car but its only worth $6000. You need to come up with $3000 before you sell the car so you can get the pink slip once you do sell it.

As for the y8 swap, if you get a 92-95 SI it already comes with a d16z6 which is pretty much the same engine. If you dont get a SI id also recoommend the z6 since its obd1 and all the wiring is the same...obd2 -&gt; obd1 can be a hassle. If you get a 92 hatch all the models are already wired for vtec which is a bonus. If you get a 93+ (non-vtec) and drop in a sohc/vtec you are gonna have to do a little bit of wiring although not much.

liam