Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

gauge cluster swap

Old 01-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gauge cluster swap

i have a 96 civic ex coupe, my speedo only goes to like 130mph and i was wondering what gauge cluster i can put in that has a higher MPH that will go in without any trouble.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: gauge cluster swap (helpmycivic)

any 96-00 civic cluster will be plug and play.
99-00 si that will be in mph and be fairly easy to get your hands on, if i remember correctly it goes to 140
Old 01-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: gauge cluster swap (-Gambit-)

so the SI cluster will go in with no mods to the wiring?
Old 01-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yep it will go into your car with zero problems. And theres also a couple jdm/euro clusters that you can use. But they are all in khm's
Old 01-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: gauge cluster swap (-Gambit-)

so i dont have to change my speed sensor or anything and it will be correct on how fast im going correct?
Old 01-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no you dont have to change anything, its a plug and play mod.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:42 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can your car even hit 130mph in less than a mile?

Having a higher reading speedometer doesn't make your car faster.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can your car even hit 130mph in less than a mile?

Having a higher reading speedometer doesn't make your car faster.</TD></TR></TABLE>

DOES TOO!!!

Old 01-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You can get any UKDM cluster (VTi, ESi, etc). It's in MPH and goes up to 160 MPH. Doesn't mean that their cars go any faster than ours.

Oh, and it's plug and play too.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:50 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by helpmycivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a 96 civic ex coupe, my speedo only goes to like 130mph and i was wondering what gauge cluster i can put in that has a higher MPH that will go in without any trouble. </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by his profile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">helpmycivic

(100%)

Access Level Normal User
Permission Level Unrestricted User
Full Name chris foster
Email Address [Hidden]
Location everett wa usa
Age 18</TD></TR></TABLE>
Am I the only one seeing the hilarity in this?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by helpmycivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it will be correct on how fast im going correct?</TD></TR></TABLE>
That depends on your tire size and how fast you're actually going . . .
Old 01-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

SI cluster just looks better.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:04 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: (97Ej6mike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97Ej6mike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SI cluster just looks better.</TD></TR></TABLE>
And it has a tach with an 8000 RPM redline, so he'll be able to rev his engine higher along with driving faster!
Old 01-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Targa250R)

i dont see why you guys have to be smart a**es i asked a simple ? and just wanted an answer. i want a speedo that goes higher because once i disable my governor my car will go faster then my speedo goes and i just want to be able to see how fast my car will go. my governor kicks in at 125MPH and i can do that in 4th gear not even redlined! so keep your smart remarks to yourself if you cant answer my ?'s...thanks to everyone else that has givin my info and not just smart a** remarks.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:47 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (helpmycivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by helpmycivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont see why you guys have to be smart a**es i asked a simple ? and just wanted an answer. i want a speedo that goes higher because once i disable my governor my car will go faster then my speedo goes and i just want to be able to see how fast my car will go. my governor kicks in at 125MPH and i can do that in 4th gear not even redlined! so keep your smart remarks to yourself if you cant answer my ?'s...thanks to everyone else that has givin my info and not just smart a** remarks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you're taking your stock Y8 to 130MPH on I-5? What's your tag number so I can call some buddies at the WSP.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i never said that did i? and what i do is none of your buisness anyways. i didnt know that the point of this forum was to rag on people. i thought it was to get some good info and help from other people???? did i miss something here or what? also how could i get my car to 130 on I-5 when my goverernor stops me at 125? im getting ready to do a gsr swap and wanted a higher MPH speedo thats all!
Old 01-07-2007, 01:57 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by helpmycivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i never said that did i? and what i do is none of your buisness anyways. i didnt know that the point of this forum was to rag on people. i thought it was to get some good info and help from other people???? did i miss something here or what? also how could i get my car to 130 on I-5 when my goverernor stops me at 125? im getting ready to do a gsr swap and wanted a higher MPH speedo thats all!</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's my business because I have to live on the same stretch of road that you do. Take it to the ******* track. Nobody will help you do things that are ******* illegal. Asking "how can I get a better readout when I'm streetracing and endangering lives" is just like asking "how can I steal civics?" .... it's poor form.

Kids these days.

Oh yeah, my girlfriend wants to tell you that your car is nothing special, and her stock EX can do just what yours does ... but she doesn't try and show off her all-mighty SOHC-****.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im happy for your girlfreind, my car is pretty much stock too! you obviously dont have anything better to do but rag on other people and put them down. you dont know me or what i do with my time so you have no biusness accusing me of doing "illeagal" things. i posted this thread because i simply wanted to know what gauges would fit in my car cuz i dont like my stock ones. ive seen a bunch of threads on here about other people wanting to swap gauges so they must all be doing "illegal" things as well then huh? why dont you mind your own buisness and leave me alone. i never onced bothered you so i dont know why the hell you want to rag on me. get a damn life.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ek99)

thank you ek99, i dont know what his prob is but he needs to mind his own damn buisness. i dont see why people like him are even on here. if he has a problem with someone he needs to deal with it like a man and not a little boy and rag on people over the net. i dont get poeple anymore. he obviously dosent have anything better to do, but im not gonna sit here and stoop to his level and start raggin on him. anyways thanks to all the people who did give me some good info and i hope all you other people can grow up. this is supposed to be a place for one another to help each other not put them down....good luck to all of you out there.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:44 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (ek99)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dude WTF is your problem? Leave the guy alone. He could be doing it at the track or highway, its none of you f#%ng business. Everybody does illegal **** with their cars, like racing, speeding etc. and if your going to say that you never did any of those things, i'd say your a f@&ing liar.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have as many friends and relatives die in vehicle-related fatalities as I have, then we'll talk. He's driving like this on a stretch of road I travel every day.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:45 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by helpmycivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im happy for your girlfreind, my car is pretty much stock too! you obviously dont have anything better to do but rag on other people and put them down. you dont know me or what i do with my time so you have no biusness accusing me of doing "illeagal" things. i posted this thread because i simply wanted to know what gauges would fit in my car cuz i dont like my stock ones. ive seen a bunch of threads on here about other people wanting to swap gauges so they must all be doing "illegal" things as well then huh? why dont you mind your own buisness and leave me alone. i never onced bothered you so i dont know why the hell you want to rag on me. get a damn life.</TD></TR></TABLE>

All those people swapping their clusters aren't posting threads like "I want my speedo to go higher." They do it for aesthetics or to have a cluster that matches their motor.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well if you would read the threads i belive i said that i was getting ready to do a swap? and how do you know where im doing this anyways huh? it could have been on the other side of the state for all you know? and im sorry to hear about your freinds and relatives, really i am. i have had lots of people i know and love die so i do know kinda how you feel there. and like i said im NOT doing this down I-5 so i dont understand why your getting all mad. i have never been in an accident that involed anyone but myself so stop treating my like im one of the people that caused you to loose someone you loved. i never once said i was doing 130 down I-5 or anywhere else for that matter so i really would appreciate it if you would just leave me alone. again im sorry to hear about your loved ones but i really dont deserve for you to take out your anger on me. i never did anything to you, where do you live anyways, if you really want maybe we can meet and talk about this in person but i think this arguing back and forth needs to stop, its kinda childish. and like ek99 said im sure youve done illegal things with your car to man. anyways lets just stop this stupid arguing and get on with our lives alright. i mean this is just a waste of time.....
Old 01-07-2007, 03:07 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have as many friends and relatives die in vehicle-related fatalities as I have, then we'll talk. He's driving like this on a stretch of road I travel every day.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes i've had friends die in vehicle-related fatalities including a friend dying right in front of his house in a freak accident and another close friend hit a car with his bike at 60+mph. You have to let people learn their own lessons. Going off on someone you dont even know doesnt help.