Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

gauge cluster ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gauge cluster ?

I want to put a gauge cluster in my 99 dx coupe bc dx's do not come with a tach, and i do not want to just buy an aftermarket tach. So can i get a gauge cluster off an ex, but then will it hook up properly? any info would be helpful, tried to search didnt work out for me to well.

ps: happy turkey day
Old 11-27-2002, 08:21 PM

Default Re: gauge cluster ? (junglerunna02)

I want to put a gauge cluster in my 99 dx coupe bc dx's do not come with a tach, and i do not want to just buy an aftermarket tach. So can i get a gauge cluster off an ex, but then will it hook up properly? any info would be helpful, tried to search didnt work out for me to well.

ps: happy turkey day
Happy Thanksgiving day to you too
Its a very easy thing to do, what you need to do is get one from a junkyard. It is all plug and play. If you want to keep your original mileage on the cluster all you have to do is take out your exsisting cluster.
Look at the back of it, in the middle you will notice four screws, these screws on in the middle is what is holding your spedo in place.
Take these out, do the same on the cluster you just bought.
all you have to do is swap the spedos from one to the other and take the ex cluster with your old spedo in it and plug it up just like it was when you took it out. Like I said it is very easy and the whole thing is plug and play so there are no wires to cut or anything.
Now you have a gauge cluster that you wont have to worry about what mileage you are on.
I hope this helps, if you have any other questions you can PM me.
Old 11-27-2002, 08:28 PM

Default Re: gauge cluster ? (black2kcivic)

and yes the cluster like said above is plug and play, but he did not mention one thing.. the tachometer which you were hoping will work in the ex, si, or ctr cluster...WILL WORK... recommend an si cluster and just get a carbon fiber overlay. still lights up amber instead of whatever that is a whitish blue. and looks almost like a ctr for half the price...gl n happy turkey day 2 u 2 bro.
Old 11-27-2002, 08:31 PM

Default Re: gauge cluster ? (98Hatch22a)

and yes the cluster like said above is plug and play, but he did not mention one thing.. the tachometer which you were hoping will work in the ex, si, or ctr cluster...WILL WORK... recommend an si cluster and just get a carbon fiber overlay. still lights up amber instead of whatever that is a whitish blue. and looks almost like a ctr for half the price...gl n happy turkey day 2 u 2 bro.
Yeah true those are really nice looking clusters, I choose not to get one just because I wanted to keep the original mileage current and accurate on my car. I did however dip my bulbs in tamiya orange clear and I got some amber gauges now.
If you are wanting a nice looking cluster go with an si if you can find one.