Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Gap between headlight..

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gap between headlight..

i have a gap between my headlight on the passenger side... my front bumper and the headlight doesnt align up right.. but the driver side headlight aligns up perfectly with my front bumper.. its jus kinda off on the otehr side and it wont budge to fit in righ.. how can i fix the gay lil gapp.. this is on my ek hatchy btw..
Old 09-22-2005, 06:57 AM

Default Re: Gap between headlight.. (slikz714)

i had the same problem wit ma headlights i took it to a friends body shop and try bending in the side where there is a gap your car was probably in an accident before cuz mines was when i bought it and it came like dat
Old 09-22-2005, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

theres a little metal bracket that bolts to the bumper under the bumper cover right in front of the headlight. i took mine off when i put the bodykit on and forgot to put them back. now i have a gap there too
Old 09-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slikz714 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a gap between my headlight on the passenger side... my front bumper and the headlight doesnt align up right.. but the driver side headlight aligns up perfectly with my front bumper.. its jus kinda off on the otehr side and it wont budge to fit in righ.. how can i fix the gay lil gapp.. this is on my ek hatchy btw..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Try putting peices of cardboard, or rubber stops under the bumper where it bolts on to the chassi. I had a gap on mine too. I put peices of cardboard between the chassi and the bumper itself and that cleared it up nicely.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:57 AM

this is an easy one...

take the bumper off....
loosen ALL of the bolts that hold the headlight in...
then push the headlight in with one hand while retightening with the other...
if you dont apply pressure then the headlight will still stick out a bit because there is slack...

if u know wat i mean
if not i'll try to take piks to show ya....but that takes too long so please tell me that u understand

the reason the headlights stick out are because you aren't applying pressure to put the headlight back in the correct position.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:00 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: Gap between headlight.. (importnoodles)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by importnoodles &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is an easy one...

take the bumper off....
loosen ALL of the bolts that hold the headlight in...
then push the headlight in with one hand while retightening with the other...
if you dont apply pressure then the headlight will still stick out a bit because there is slack...

if u know wat i mean
if not i'll try to take piks to show ya....but that takes too long so please tell me that u understand

the reason the headlights stick out are because you aren't applying pressure to put the headlight back in the correct position.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, do not do this. Your headlights will be aimed incorrectly if you use this method. By doing the method that I had previously stated, it will only move the bumper to close in the gap, and not affect the headlights in any way.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:38 AM

Default Re: Gap between headlight.. (JDM-EJ1)

sorry but i believe that you are incorrect...
besides, why do you want to use cardboard on your car? is that reliable enough?
anyways, i was thinking about the clarity of the question. Is there a gap between the bottom of the headlight and bumper? or is it that the innermost corner part of the headlight sticks out and isn't flush with the bumper?

the bumper reinstalls in the same position as it was because theres no way for it to move around. The plastic push in clips on the top part of the front bumper prevent you from installing the bumper too low. The ony thing that can be adjusted on the bumper are the black, 2 bolt, brackets that are under the headlight, that hold the bumper tight against the headlight. If those are too low when you reinstall them, then the bumper will be too low. You have to hold the brackets up when you tighten them to make the bumper snug to the headlights.

The headlights however are basically the same concept. It's not like you have to push the headlight in with all your strength. if you let it loose when you retighten all the bolts, then it's gonna slouch out a bit. Kinda like a fat man who wants to put his pants on. If he doesn't suck it in, his blubber's gonna hang out. Comprendamundo?

Besides, if after you push the lights in to be flush, the beam is too low then just readjust it. Thats what the adjusting things are there for.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gap between headlight.. (importnoodles)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jerseyJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your car was probably in an accident before cuz mines was when i bought it and it came like dat</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, same with mine. It was in an accident before i got it. gay stuff. my headlights are the ctr replicas. I have applied pressure while installn the headlights and I cant push the headlights in anymore or anything cus its boltd in and it kinda pulld itself tightly in. The driver side fits fine but the passenger side headlight sticks forward a lil at an angle, about half an inch stickn out.. Yeah ImportNoodles, my gap is on the bottom of my headlights and bumper, but the gap also runs towards to where u bolt it next to the fender.. the bumper saggs so yeah, up close you see gaps runnin through the whole part on the bottom of the headlights towards the bolts on the sides.. sheesh, so ugly haha