Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

GA people beware! Look at what happened friday night.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GA people beware! Look at what happened friday night.

A friend of mine bough a 2000 model JDM GSR off of Ebay. When she bought the car the seller said it was all legalized and there would be no problems. She got the car insured for a month and said the car wasn't leagalized anymore. So she was going to start the process.

Well friday night her boyfriend drove the car to Gwinett to store the car in a friend's garage. He pulls up in the driveway and some kid jumps out of the bushes with a guy and holds him at gunpoint. The kid gets in the car and drives off. Well they call and report the car stolen. The police spot the car and begin to pursue him well the kid decides to dip out. He ended up losing control and totaling the car.

Bad news is the car is fucked and uninsured. Well now she is out 21k and really sad. The only hope left is to get the car back and strip it. We think the kid was waiting to jack her brother in laws IS300 but got lucky when they pulled up.

Just wanted to warn all the GA guys thieves are back out hard core again. This is my second friend this month.

Here is a pick of how the car looked at nopi. Now it is ruined.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:38 AM

Aww, such a nice car.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (s7e)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by s7e &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Aww, such a nice car. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah makes me not want to own a honda anymore.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: GA people beware! Look at what happened friday night. (97itr86)

Damn at gun point in the driveway...wtf??? thefts are getting more adn moer scary!!
Old 10-28-2003, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (97itr86)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97itr86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yeah makes me not want to own a honda anymore.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why? You said that it seemed like the thief was waiting for the IS300...
Old 10-28-2003, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GA people beware! Look at what happened friday night. (SloCivicHMM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SloCivicHMM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn at gun point in the driveway...wtf??? thefts are getting more adn moer scary!!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yep and to make it even worse the car had like 3k worth of stereo equipment that got stolen at the impound lot. They are saying they are not responsible.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Carlo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Carlo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why? You said that it seemed like the thief was waiting for the IS300...</TD></TR></TABLE>
I said we think he might have been but then again he might have saw the car coming down the street. It just makes me think is it worth sinking money into cars anymore.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

God I am sick of fucktard thieves!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 09:49 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: GA people beware! Look at what happened friday night. (HXMan)

Thats fucked up **** right there
Old 10-28-2003, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What part of GA may I ask ..
Old 10-28-2003, 09:52 AM

Default Re: GA people beware! Look at what happened friday night. (BauleyCivic)

i can't believe the amount of cars that are being jacked lately makes me sick to my stomach. really makes me wonder about people. sorry to hear about the car, on the bright side at least noone got hurt.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Shaun)

Around like Gwinett mall area.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97itr86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Around like Gwinett mall area.</TD></TR></TABLE>

not familar, whats the nearest city?
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GA people beware! Look at what happened friday night. (sohc_boy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohc_boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i can't believe the amount of cars that are being jacked lately makes me sick to my stomach. really makes me wonder about people. sorry to hear about the car, on the bright side at least noone got hurt.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah when they got the guy they said he only had one bullet in the car. I wish I had the money to go bail his *** out so I could beat the **** out of him.
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GA people beware! Look at what happened friday night. (sohc_boy)

whoa..

Here in cali.. when you buy a car you have 30 days to get insurance so if your covered by a policy and lets say this happens to you the day you buy it your covered via the exsisting policy..
Old 10-28-2003, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Shaun)

Like lawerenceville-duluth.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: GA people beware! Look at what happened friday night. (BauleyCivic)

I saw that car at Nopi, nice car. That's a pretty shitty situation

Old 10-28-2003, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GA people beware! Look at what happened friday night. (BatuKing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BatuKing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whoa..

Here in cali.. when you buy a car you have 30 days to get insurance so if your covered by a policy and lets say this happens to you the day you buy it your covered via the exsisting policy.. </TD></TR></TABLE>
The car was insured the month before but the visa ran out and they didn't know the car was on a visa so the insurance got cancelled. The guy she purchased it from made it seem as if it was already legal and she bought it without telling me about it first.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GA people beware! Look at what happened friday night. (BrewerHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BrewerHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I saw that car at Nopi, nice car. That's a pretty shitty situation

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yup that is the car actually that looks like Rose (the owner) in the passenger seat.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

****. that's scary. I live in L'ville and I'm so paranoid somthing will happen to my baby.

If i was you. I'd go sue the impound yard. Your not the one who made it go there. All of this was NOT your fault.

Hell.. sue the bitches that stole your car. (if they found them)

Best of luck to you.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:02 AM

Default Re: GA people beware! Look at what happened friday night. (BatuKing)

In NY... you have to have insurance before you can even register it.

Damn that definitely sucks though... makes everything suck when you can't do anything and feel really helpless...

My club and I went to a car show in NJ and while we were there, one of my friends cars was stolen right out of the parking garage... we were about 4-5 hours away from home and had to drive home without it! Luckily I had my durango and could seat 8!

He got the car back with EVERYTHING stripped. He just put like $5000 into body work to get everything shaved. When we got to the impound lot in NJ... they were moving the car around with a FORK LIFT!!!! More damage was done at the impound lot than when it was stolen! ****** worthless scumbags!!
Old 10-28-2003, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hatch-E)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatch-E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">****. that's scary. I live in L'ville and I'm so paranoid somthing will happen to my baby.

If i was you. I'd go sue the impound yard. Your not the one who made it go there. All of this was NOT your fault.

Hell.. sue the bitches that stole your car. (if they found them)

Best of luck to you.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah I am trying to help her out as much as I can. She was my wife's bride's made when we got married so she means alot to me. The the same thing happened to my Type R when it got impounded and they basically told me to go **** myself. She is gonna sue the kid it is just he is really poor and so is his family so all she can hope for is more jail time.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GA people beware! Look at what happened friday night. (CNY Hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CNY Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">In NY... you have to have insurance before you can even register it.

Damn that definitely sucks though... makes everything suck when you can't do anything and feel really helpless...

My club and I went to a car show in NJ and while we were there, one of my friends cars was stolen right out of the parking garage... we were about 4-5 hours away from home and had to drive home without it! Luckily I had my durango and could seat 8!

He got the car back with EVERYTHING stripped. He just put like $5000 into body work to get everything shaved. When we got to the impound lot in NJ... they were moving the car around with a FORK LIFT!!!! More damage was done at the impound lot than when it was stolen! ****** worthless scumbags!! </TD></TR></TABLE>
The car was insured but like I said the visa ran out so it was going to be parked until the legalization process was done.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

We might go get it from impound this week and start stripping it for all the salvageable parts.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:15 AM

Any fellow Georgians want setup a sting to get these ********? I'm sick of this ****, and I think I have a way to put a stop to some of it.

Quick Reply: GA people beware! Look at what happened friday night.