Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Full suspension overhaul and reviews. ASR, Ctr, Nrg, Password JDM Sway strut tie bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full suspension overhaul and reviews. ASR, Ctr, Nrg, Password JDM Sway strut tie bar

On to it The full suspension review of every piece that i got and have.

Firstly id like to say SpeedFiends "JdmK20a2" is the best site sponser on here. The prices he gave me were considerably lower than competitors and ebay... He even sent them on 2 day delivery.. I highly reccomend him.

First off

Password Jdm 2 pt rear strut bar.

The fit and quality was excellent. Very nice welds and construction. However as strong as password says the bar is i can phyically flex the bar just a little bit.. That was not the case with my neuspeed
During the individual test i felt a slight difference in slalom like turns (quck lefts and rights strung together)

I felt no difference during low or high speed turning

Overall i am happy with it but for what its worth i would have gone with the weapon r x brace..

ASR (A-spec Racing ) rear tie bar/brace

The brace is very heavy and solid.. I got the newer design the one with the engraved lettering.. If you hit someone with this they are getting knocked out

I installed it with out much problem.. my stock control arms were acting bitchy though and didnt want to line up .. That always happens .

Anyway. I tested the tie by its self and felt nothing.. I didnt feel any difference at all during turns high speed cornering or slalom.
Imo this is probally the best lower tie bar you can buy...And if i didnt feel anything with this one i doubt you will feel anything with cheaper smaller ones...IE , skunk 2, dc sports, spoon, meagan. I mean this bar is solid and bolted to the subframe in 4 places as opposed to 1.

I didnt expect much however.

ASR + CTR 22mm sway bar, With energy bushings (compared with a stock 13 mm si bar)

I felt minimal difference in slalom like movments at lower speeds.. I believe the si bar did a decent job of handling this. Quick jerk movments i felt a bit less body roll.. I didnt have much to begin with though

35 mph tight turns were a dream.. I found my self turning wayy to early several times since i did not realize the potential of the bar. It really helps pull the car through turns at higher speeds.

At high speeds i can feel the car have considerably less body roll. at 60 - 85 mph the car is still level even on an offramp. The rear tires begin to slide out as oversteer begins.. This means the tires have become the weakest link in the suspension now

All those people who talk about the car being a completely new car and you will have to learn how to drive again either had shitty suspension before and/or just act like an ******* on the streets on a regular basis.

You really only notice the difference on the street when you are acting like an *** and going 75 on an on/off ramp.

I am worried about my si endlinks since they look at tad worn. I plan to upgrade to the blox endlinks.. i am also glad i sprung the extra money for the energy bushings.

I highly recomend the asr/ctr sway bar combo for the auto-x ers... I recommend those who want to do drag and normal street driving stick with the si bar and or gsr bar. 13/14 mm

NRG H brace

Very nice design....Clean *** welds, Almost too perfect of a fit.. I bit too lightweight
Plenty of ground clearance.. I am already very low and it only took about an inch from my under car clearance.

clean welds

As for performance

I am very pleased with this brace.

I felt a slight increase in steering response during slalom movments.
Nothing different in high speed cornering, nothign in mid speed turns.

I got several unexpected benifits though.. Bumps on the road such as railroad tracks and potholes dont hit as hard anymore.. Wheel hop is just about completly gone.. I can launch the car higher now. Shift shock was deacrease tremedously.. Personally i dont do that "ease into a shift balance the clutch and gas stuff" during 2nd and up. As a result my car jerks all the time when i shift and my passenger always goes flying. This surprisingly helped that alot . Its alot smoother now..

You know how when your in first gear and your going too slow and the car is sort of jerking back and forth but still going forward? That doesnt happen anymore which is nice.. I dont have to hold in the clutch while going like 2 mph.

Im tired of typing ill update this later and finish it later
Old 12-30-2006, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full suspension overhaul and reviews. ASR, Ctr, Nrg, Password JDM Sway strut tie bar (blackhope1

nicely done, thanks for the reviews .

how much did everything run you?
Old 01-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome just what i was looking for thanksS!
Old 01-01-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: (beebeecivic)

something else that changed my car unexpectedly is filling all the mounts with 60a poly. holy ****, my car is neutral!!! i have too many mods to list to the suspension, i don't feel like typing them all, but the mounts tightened up the front end a lot, turn in is a hell of a lot better, and it eliminated my understeer, and wheel hop is greatly reduced, and it cost a total of 2 days downtime, and 30 bucks, best 30 bucks ever
Old 01-01-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: (young noob)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by young noob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">something else that changed my car unexpectedly is filling all the mounts with 60a poly. holy ****, my car is neutral!!! i have too many mods to list to the suspension, i don't feel like typing them all, but the mounts tightened up the front end a lot, turn in is a hell of a lot better, and it eliminated my understeer, and wheel hop is greatly reduced, and it cost a total of 2 days downtime, and 30 bucks, best 30 bucks ever</TD></TR></TABLE>
please elabordate
what exactly did you do im interested
Old 01-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Full suspension overhaul and reviews. ASR, Ctr, Nrg, Password JDM Sway strut tie bar (blackhope1

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackhope121 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I installed it with out much problem.. my stock control arms were acting bitchy though and didnt want to line up. That always happens.

Personally i dont do that "ease into a shift balance the clutch and gas stuff" during 2nd and up. As a result my car jerks all the time when i shift and my passenger always goes flying. This surprisingly helped that alot . Its alot smoother now..

You know how when your in first gear and your going too slow and the car is sort of jerking back and forth but still going forward? That doesnt happen anymore which is nice.. I dont have to hold in the clutch while going like 2 mph.

Im tired of typing ill update this later and finish it later</TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds like there's a motivation problem here
not with the car...with the driver

when doing those rear braces you have to unload the suspension prior to installation to make the holes line up easier.

if you don't like the fact that the car jerks to and fro at very low speeds...instead of holding in the clutch...put in the clutch and put it in neutral and let out said clutch...either learn how to modulate your clutch and gas properly or get an automatic

lazy
Old 01-01-2007, 02:59 PM

what year civic is this?
Old 01-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That nrg h brace looks interesting. Whered you get it?
Old 01-01-2007, 07:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jz98ctr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sounds like there's a motivation problem here
not with the car...with the driver

when doing those rear braces you have to unload the suspension prior to installation to make the holes line up easier.

if you don't like the fact that the car jerks to and fro at very low speeds...instead of holding in the clutch...put in the clutch and put it in neutral and let out said clutch...either learn how to modulate your clutch and gas properly or get an automatic

lazy</TD></TR></TABLE>
wtf are you talking about did you even read the review?

it has nothing to do with what your talking about.. post somthing relevent or dont post at all
Old 01-08-2007, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (young noob)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by young noob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">something else that changed my car unexpectedly is filling all the mounts with 60a poly. holy ****, my car is neutral!!! i have too many mods to list to the suspension, i don't feel like typing them all, but the mounts tightened up the front end a lot, turn in is a hell of a lot better, and it eliminated my understeer, and wheel hop is greatly reduced, and it cost a total of 2 days downtime, and 30 bucks, best 30 bucks ever</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm in for what this guy did, please elaborate on exactly what it was that you did?
Old 01-09-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: (97ShLude)

you can fill your car's mounts with 60a polyurathane, its softer then motor mount inserts so you don't get as much vibration, but it still does great, all you do is take out your mounts and clean them up with some break clean and some sand paper, then tape one end and fill in the other, what i think 2 days, and then reinstall, i suggest to only to certain mounts at a time, caz if you take them all out, your motor won't be supported, there is a diy on here somewhere, but they didn't experience quite the changes i did, but that doesn't say you wont, good luck, you can get the poly. from http://www.mcmaster.com
Old 01-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very helpfull information, two thumps up!!
Old 01-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can't wait to see more.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Shocka1998LX)

good info danny
Old 01-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

does the nrg brace work with b series?
Old 01-10-2007, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

bump for info on the h-brace
Old 01-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does the nrg brace work with b series?</TD></TR></TABLE>
yes.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by highrev1987 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bump for info on the h-brace</TD></TR></TABLE>
It also protect your oil pan.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kaiba)

i have a del sol would this h brace benefit me more
Old 01-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (highrev1987)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by highrev1987 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a del sol would this h brace benefit me more</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

very very nice..go0d to see some locals on here =D..go0d info over here man..setup lo0ks go0d
Old 01-10-2007, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this will fit all
civic 92-00
integra 94-01
del sol 93-97
D or B series.

Now i want to know if this will clear a H22. I doubt this will clear the K series, since the oil pan seat so low.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the brief reviews.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:57 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackhope121 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You know how when your in first gear and your going too slow and the car is sort of jerking back and forth but still going forward? That doesnt happen anymore which is nice.. I dont have to hold in the clutch while going like 2 mph.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really? This is enough to make me want to buy the brace, but I am a little confused as to how it stops the shaking we all experience in 1st gear without feathering the clutch in and out?
Old 01-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

whats the difference between this H-brace and a traction bar setup? even comparable?
Old 01-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

totally different.

Quick Reply: Full suspension overhaul and reviews. ASR, Ctr, Nrg, Password JDM Sway strut tie bar