Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Which full-coilover company to choose for street/daily drivin use? Plse Hlp

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2001, 08:15 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which full-coilover company to choose for street/daily drivin use? Plse Hlp

I was looking at some full-coilover company but cant really make a decision,
but which company is best for daily/street driving two companys I like so far are

TEIN HR
Progress
H&R or Neuspeed (are they the same?)
Cussco

Oh one more thing is that I am planning to upgrade the suspension is it possible to upgrade and use an Integra appication instead...

Currently I have a 4 door 97 Civic EX, just wonderin when I change to a full-coilover can I get something that is applied to an Integra, is that just a bolt on affair and what year do I use?

Old 10-12-2001, 08:18 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Which full-coilover company to choose for street/daily drivin use? Plse Hlp (azn_outlaw)

As far as the coilovers go...

I believe that the Neuspeed and the H&R ARE NOT the same thing. The Neuspeeds consist of a Bilstien shock with a shorted rod, sleeved with an adjustable coilover and a Neuspeed spring. Every report I have heard about the Neuspeeds has been good, and you get get them straight from Neuspeed for $800. They said it was a limited time offer...

Old 10-12-2001, 09:25 PM
New User

Default Re: Which full-coilover company to choose for street/daily drivin use? Plse Hlp (spyder)

I just picked up a set of the Neuspeeds about 2 months ago. I love em and promote them everywhere I go. The bilstein shocks are the ****
Old 10-12-2001, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which full-coilover company to choose for street/daily drivin use? Plse Hlp (azn_outlaw)

You don't need coilovers for daily driving. They are for racing.
Old 10-13-2001, 12:34 AM
Banned

Default Re: Which full-coilover company to choose for street/daily drivin use? Plse Hlp (markpaco)

I have Tein HRs and they ride great. Nice and stiff but not a jaw breaker. On the freeway, it could get harsh on bumps. Otherwise, its really good and I recommend them. Not really for track racing though, but you could get custom valving and spring rates. Also you can't change the dampening. If you want to take it to the tracks I suggest Tein HA.
Old 10-13-2001, 06:49 AM
New User

I've got the neuspeeds sittin' in my apartment waiting to be installed. I think any of those should be O.K., just consider what you're looking to do with the car. Mine's just a street car, so I wasn't too big on having adjustable dampning. I wanted the hight adjustability, and the stiffer spring rates though. I'll post a review as soon as I install them, but I'm not sure when thats gonna be. Just research your choices, and I'm sure you'll find whats best for you. Peace.