Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Fuel Pump Cutoff Switch / Kill Switch w/ Removable Key

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump Cutoff Switch / Kill Switch w/ Removable Key

Appearantly thieves know how to get around a security system. I'm going back to school in northern va in a couple weeks where my last car was stolen. Nova is the land of stolen hondas.

What would I need to make a fuel pump cutoff switch so the **** can't get anywhere with my car? Obviously, the switch will be hidden somewhere.

Second, Ignitied Performance makes a kill switch with a removable key. Is this another option I have, or can that be countered too?

The people that stole my last car had a key somehow...appearantly all you need nowadays is the vin # and 50 bucks to pay your boy at the honda dealer to get key. So, in my paranoia, I scratched out the vin #. Ghetto, i know...
Old 08-12-2003, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Fuel Pump Cutoff Switch / Kill Switch w/ Removable Key (elevatethis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elevatethis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The people that stole my last car had a key somehow...appearantly all you need nowadays is the vin # and 50 bucks to pay your boy at the honda dealer to get key. So, in my paranoia, I scratched out the vin #. Ghetto, i know...</TD></TR></TABLE>

The police might look down on it and may think that you car is stolen since you scratched it off. A business card or a piece of electrical tape would have been better.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel Pump Cutoff Switch / Kill Switch w/ Removable Key (acuracing)

**** the police, the theif would just peel it off, scratch away, its ur ****
Old 08-13-2003, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: Fuel Pump Cutoff Switch / Kill Switch w/ Removable Key (elevatethis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elevatethis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Appearantly thieves know how to get around a security system. I'm going back to school in northern va in a couple weeks where my last car was stolen. Nova is the land of stolen hondas.

What would I need to make a fuel pump cutoff switch so the **** can't get anywhere with my car? Obviously, the switch will be hidden somewhere.

On the simplest level you need a switch and a pair of wire cutters... your best bet is to do a search on "switched" "fuel cutoff" "start kill" "fuel pump" etc.....I know I had a link to a NASTY one that included the use of a magnet to disable it but I can't find it now...

Second, Ignitied Performance makes a kill switch with a removable key. Is this another option I have, or can that be countered too?

everything can be countered... there is NO way to theif proof your car. They can just tow it away without getting so much as a second look from ANYONE. that's what happened to mine and all they wanted was the stereo...

The people that stole my last car had a key somehow...appearantly all you need nowadays is the vin # and 50 bucks to pay your boy at the honda dealer to get key. So, in my paranoia, I scratched out the vin #. Ghetto, i know...

As mentioned you should NOT do this... you can get your car impounded... Not just that but if they have inside hookups at the dmv they can get your vin from your plate... your best bet for solving that particular problem is to have your car re-keyed with a different vin codes key set...
</TD></TR></TABLE>