Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Fuel Pump?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Tee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump?

Hey what's up,
I have a 92 EG that had a bad ground on the fuel pump. I fixed that and now I can get the pump to turn on when I do the test described in the Haynes manual where you jump pins 5 and 7. I put the main relay back in and the fuel pump isn't coming on. I tried the one out of my daily driven EG, still the pump isn't coming on. I then read the schematic and checked the incoming voltage to the Main relay. I got voltage on the Blk/Yellow wire and on the Yel/White wire, the others had no voltage. According to the schematic the Blue/White wire should have voltage too, but when I checked there was none when I had the ignition on. I'm trying to figure out if the last wire which goes to fuse #18 is hot when the ignition is on, or only when the ignition switch is in the "start" position? It actually seems that may be the case and that the wire shouldn't be hot when the key is in the "ACC" postion on the ignition switch. That's the position where the accessories come on but the car won't start. Fuse #18 goes to the starter, and seems like it is only hot when all conditions are met for the car to start. For example, clutch switch is depressed, and key is in the "Start" position. I guess I could test the point with someone holding the clutch pedal and the key in the "start" position, I'm bascially just trying to make sure all the voltage the main relay should be getting is there. Anyone have any other fuel pump advice besides swapping main relays and checking fuses please help. I've already jumped pins 5 and 7 and the main relay connector(there was voltage), swapped main relays, and tested two of the main relays voltage inputs. The pump still won't prime with the main relay connected, or pump when I try and start the car. Thanks all!
Peace Out,
Tee