Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

which fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which fuel pump?

hey everyone, well i getting ready to put on my turbo and i was wondering if i have to upgrade my fuel pump??

If i do, do i go with the walbo 195 or 255? and can i run that pump without a turbo?
Old 02-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: which fuel pump?

i would go wit a 255 and yes i had one in my hatch wit a stock ls
Old 02-09-2009, 05:36 PM

Mine had a 255lph fuel pump when I bought it.
Most I see that are boosted have upgraded.
You'll be fine not boosting with it. Just make sure your tighten them clamps down well. I had the line pop off once just driving normal (Right under the seat) Good thing I just left the house and was close. I was dead in the road ¼ mile from home. Got it pulled back home and found the problem. So I double clamped that sucka. Wa-la
Old 02-09-2009, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tzer
Mine had a 255lph fuel pump when I bought it.
Most I see that are boosted have upgraded.
You'll be fine not boosting with it. Just make sure your tighten them clamps down well. I had the line pop off once just driving normal (Right under the seat) Good thing I just left the house and was close. I was dead in the road ¼ mile from home. Got it pulled back home and found the problem. So I double clamped that sucka. Wa-la
lol damn, thanks for the heads up
Old 02-09-2009, 06:44 PM

ya dude i don't think you would have any problem with running an 255 pump man and plus at least you will have it in case you do end up turbocharging
Old 02-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea deff tighten the clamps good lol dont try to use them stock honda ones that you take off wit plieres use the ones that u can acctually tighten down
Old 02-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the 255 is worth the extra 10 bucks IMO. you will never need to mess with it again
Old 02-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^^ as they all said.
you can run the 225 with out turbo. and you should install it yourself.
if you want to know how, let me know and ill quote a D.I.Y and post it here

EDIT: AH what the hell.
Originally Posted by Emshhh
Step 6: Walbro Internal Fuel Pump Installation [/b]
--> First things first, you need to un-hook both negative/positive cables from the battery to be safe, cus life is better then death.

--> Next, fold down your back seat using the key lock located on your rear speaker pannel above rear seats. There is one bolt that is holding your backseats onto the chassis which is accessible through the trunk of your car. Feel free to get all the way in your trunk to ge this bolt with a wrench in hand.

--> Once that bolt is removed, go back to the inside of the car. Push the top part of the back seat back into it's locked position so you dont have it all in the way. Pull up toward you on the back seat farthest from you, you will see two metal clip that hold the front of the seat in position. Simply mouever the clips of out their holes and the back seat should come free to take out of the car.

Seat removed. Look at all that lost change! You'll find some wierd **** under your seat lol.

--> Now that you have the fuel tank access cover exposed, it's time to release fuel tank pressure. to do this, you should open up your gas cap, as well as relieve pressure from your fuel filter. Make sure you have good ventalation so you dont start tripping off gas fumes.

--> It's time to take of the access cover, simple unscrewing of 4 screws will do the trick.
<
with the cover pulled up

--> Pull out the cord from the connector first

--> use a rachet to loosen the banjo bolt (prepare for small fuel leak, have rag on hand) as well as pull vaccum hose off of the nipple. Lastly, there will be 6 nuts that hold down the cover plate, remove those.

--> NOw you are ready to pull the fuel pump out of the gas tank. Pull up and at a diagonal to remove it, should just slide out like so.

--> Once you have it out of the car, it's ready to swap the old fuel pump with the new walbro fuel pump. using a flat head screw driver, gently pop off the green "safety clip" that is holding the wire plug together. Once you poped it off, unplug the connector. Make sure not to lose the green safety clip because you will need it again to reinstall.

--> Using plyers, pull the rubber hose off the nipple. NOw the fuel pump is free to come off the mount, just pull on it and it should come off( it may feel hard to come off, but that's just cus the rubber bushing makes it have a tight fit.)

--> Compare your new walbro to your Oem fuel pump to make sure everything looks the same. In my case, the company i ordered from did not send me the correct filter to for my application, so I had no choice but to re-use the stock filter.

--> For reinstallation, just do all removal backwards. snap fuel pump into mount, connect rubber hose to nipple, plug connector back into place, snap "safety clip" onto the connector, slide fuel pump down and diagonal into fuel tank, hook up rubber hose, tighten banjo bolt, plug wire connector, tighten 6 nuts to fuel plate, screw down fuel tank access plate back down tight, clip back seats back into chassis, tighten back seat bolt. COMPLETE