Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

fuel presure reading 80 psi need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel presure reading 80 psi need help

i got a 2000 civic si coupe wth basic bolt on's,header.intake,exhaust...but today i installed a AEM fuel rail and a b&m gauge and a aem adjustble regulator for some odd reason i started up the car and the gauge read 80psi is this bad and is this why car smokes (black/grey color) and smells like gas? so after i was trippin out so i thought my gauge was broken so i bought a new one and it still read 80psi,so then after i tried adjusting the regulaor and the presure still yet does not want to drop, so then after i thought my injectors were bad so i installed an extra set that i had and still yet it read 80psi ,so after that im still trippin out even more ......need your guys help in fixing this problem thanks.........

Old 01-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

the adjustable fuel regulator is what is setting the pressure so high. Hence the name adjustable fuel pressure regulator. (it adjusts the fuel pressure)

yes that's the rason your car smells like fuel and why is blows smoke. WAY to rich.

also, everyone of the three mods do absolutly nothing for the car. At least performance wise.

easy solution, reinstall the stock regulator.

if you're dead set to keep the AEM peice, the regulator may be bad, it also may need more adjusting.

how far did you turn the screw?
Old 01-24-2008, 02:12 PM

Default Re: fuel presure reading 80 psi need help (6speed-ferio)

also if anything was connected wrong to said regulaotor or the rail and the fuel is not returning back to the tank, as in the return port blocked or pinched, or improperly hooked up that is also why it could be 80 pounds, and yes it is very bad to run it that way. also ensure the vacuum feed if it has one is hooked up and to the right vacuum port. if it has that then you should be able to pull the vacuum line off while running, and see the fuel pressure rise 5-10 pounds.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: fuel presure reading 80 psi need help (fastrc2)

everything on the regulator/fuel rail is all connected right,as for adjusting the pressure i did adjust the allen screws both ways and still yet the pressure is still flickering at 80psi,and also i put another stock regulator and it still reads 80, and im preety sure my guages work because i already purched 3 of them