Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Fuel pressure valve / Fuel line / Coolant lines! Where are these things?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pressure valve / Fuel line / Coolant lines! Where are these things?

Ok, I'm in the process of pulling my Cx motor and these are the next steps I need to take care of.

I have the axles out, harnesses unplugged, stock intake removed, and all the fluids are drained from the Cx motor.

According to my other thread asking how to remove a Cx motor, the next steps are to:
--Relieve fuel pressure. Take off gas cap and a 12mm for the valve. Where is the valve located?
--Take off fuel line. Again, where is this located?
--Remove coolant lines. Are these just the 2 larger hoses that are connected to the radiator? If not, which ones are these?

Yeah, this is my first swap and I really don't know much about motors. I know this will eventually come out good and I will learn a hell of a lot by the end. Just going to need some walk-through help with some of this and I hope you guys can help me out. I have a GSR Helms on order.

I have tons of pics of the Cx motor. I can post some if you tell me the location of these parts listed above which may help me out........
Old 02-25-2003, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Fuel pressure valve / Fuel line / Coolant lines! Where are these things? (Hybrid93Hatch)

Looking at the engine from the front of the car the fuel line is connected to the fuel rail on the left side (passenger side) disconnect that line. the coolant lines are as you said, the ones going from the engine to the radiator and from the radiator to the engine.....remove those......
Old 02-25-2003, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fuel pressure valve / Fuel line / Coolant lines! Where are these things? (Hybrid93Hatch)

A quick and easy way to relieve fuel pressure is to take a 17mm open-end wrench and slowly loosen the fuel pulsation damper at the end of the fuel rail (opposite end from the fuel pressure regulator -- it sandwiches the banjo fitting on the fuel line going from the fuel filter to the fuel rail). Throw a rag over it while you're loosening it (some fuel will spill) and make sure to disconnect the negative battery terminal first. Bonus here is that you were going to have to remove this hose anyway as you have to attach it to the fuel rail of the new motor.

It all boils down to having to disconnect any hose that runs from the part you're removing (the engine) to the part that's staying behind (the firewall, chassis, etc.)
Old 03-22-2003, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Fuel pressure valve / Fuel line / Coolant lines! Where are these things? (DaiJekBok)

is there a way to repressurize the system and bleed it of air??
Old 03-22-2003, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel pressure valve / Fuel line / Coolant lines! Where are these things? (GOLDBERG)

is there a way to repressurize the system and bleed it of air??
yes, hook the line back up and drive the car