Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Fuel pressure problem finally solved! Interesting read. Comments?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pressure problem finally solved! Interesting read. Comments?

So, I finished putting my Edelbrock turbo kit on my 94 civic dx w/ 94 si motor. I also added a walbro 255 pump, B&M fuel pressure modifier, jegs fuel pressure guage, BDL fuel rail, boost, oil pressure, and afr guages. Started the car and my fuel pressure jumped up to 80 psi!? Could not figure out the problem. I checked and replaced: walbro back to stock then to new factory fuel pump, B&M fpm to stock to new AEM fpr, new fuel pressure gauge, new return hose(hard line also) to tank and still my fuel pressure would not go down to stock.
Finally, I replaced the BDL fuel rail with the stock one, and my fuel pressure dropped back to 38 psi. I inspected the fuel rail only to find that the hole for fpr was not drilled all the way through! WTF!? I recieved no instructions with the rail, and checked the website for info. Nothing. Found no info on having to drill the hole out myself or running any other equipment for the fuel rail to work properly.
I am not a happy person. I know what people are going to say, why didn't I check the hole first. Because that is not something that should have to be checked, it should be checked at the factory before shipping to me. Or it should have come with instructions explaining about having to drill the hole out. Since this is a "bolt on" part and a straight forward install, I see why they don't include instructions, but they should include something telling you about the hole being half drilled. I have emailed BDL Industries and am awaiting their response.
Has anyone had this problem before?
Old 05-29-2006, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fuel pressure problem finally solved! Interesting read. Comments? (teknics1)

Yeah I did it once with my boy fuel rail I thought him already drill the hole so I put it on and my fuel pressure raise up alot so I have to take it apart and start drilling the fuel pressure regulator hole. That was some sad **** because I drive my car and there hella black smoke just like a old train.