Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Fuel and NA

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2003, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel and NA

I am running a 00 jdm b18c and have my stock civic fuel pump. i want more power. i was thinking of getting a walbro 190lph, b&m fpr and gauge to complete the setup. i had a few questions...

...i've heard about problems arising about the B&m fpr not giving enough fuel. but usually this is for really built motors or FI. since i'm going na, i wanted to know if i don't have to DRILL the orifice of the fpr.
...also, i wanted to know what's a good psi to be at to be running strong, but not too hard...maybe 50?
...and are there any horror stories about the B&M that would cause me to give AEM's FPR more attention?
Old 01-25-2003, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Fuel and NA (all stock)

anyone have any personal experiences? good? bad?
Old 01-25-2003, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am running a 00 jdm b18c and have my stock civic fuel pump. i want more power. i was thinking of getting a walbro 190lph, b&m fpr and gauge to complete the setup. i had a few questions...

...i've heard about problems arising about the B&m fpr not giving enough fuel. but usually this is for really built motors or FI. since i'm going na, i wanted to know if i don't have to DRILL the orifice of the fpr.
...also, i wanted to know what's a good psi to be at to be running strong, but not too hard...maybe 50?
...and are there any horror stories about the B&M that would cause me to give AEM's FPR more attention?
bigger fuel pump = bad gas mileage. unless your motor is heavily modified (i.e. head milled, high compression pistons, full head work, big cams...etc.,), you will not gain much power from replacing the stock fuel pump. it sounds like you have a stock JDM motor...so...i suggest not to get the bigger fuel pump...not worth it.

now if you got NAWSSSS...then that's another issue...
Old 01-25-2003, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you'll be fine with a itr fuel pump which im selling for $60 shipped
Old 01-25-2003, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel and NA (acydphryck)

If you plan on upgrading alot of parts. Those fuel components wont hurt to have. The B&M or any adjustable FPR is always good to have to help with tuning if you dont have a afc