Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Fuel cell question!!! What do i need???

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel cell question!!! What do i need???

ok im thinkin about puttin a full cell in my car, now what exactly do i need? fuel pump, lines, acual fuel cell, sending unit?? im lookin to put liek a 8-10 gallon alluminuim, or the plastic kind, if someone can get me some pics or some info i would greatly appricate it, thanks
Old 09-19-2004, 02:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fuel cell question!!! What do i need??? (BuiltTurboCoupe)

why doyou want a fuel cell? its stupid for a street car in my opinion. look into sumping you stock tank. for a cell you should need...

Cell, pump, filter, lines, mounting hardware, fittings.

if you want a gas guage i would just run a autometer guage with thier unit and everything.

personally i wouldn't care about the gauge, you have a cell to put 1-2 gallons in at the track and check after every run. If your driving your car on the street a lot a cell is a dumb idea. if its a street car run a sumped tank so you can run NHRA and not just NOPI
Old 09-19-2004, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Fuel cell question!!! What do i need??? (99blackcivicSi)

well i already know i need htose things that why i posted em, thatnks for the help though, i need to knopw specificlly, liek what kinda pump? can i use my walboro 255 intank pump or no? and a fuell cell is a hell of alot lighter then ur stock tank plus all the fuel like and all
Old 09-19-2004, 02:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay, yes it is lighter, but like he said if its for a daily driver, then its just stupid. Unless its a dedicated road car or drag car, its just pointless. So why do you need one/want one? As for your question, I see no reason you couldnt use any pump on a fuel cell. Just be sure to mount it close to it. Its much easier to push fuel than pull it. (TV teaches me A LOT!)
Old 09-19-2004, 02:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fuel cell question!!! What do i need??? (DOHC4life)

there are plenty of other ways to reduce weight. May I ask why you are chosing the gas tank?
Old 09-19-2004, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Fuel cell question!!! What do i need??? (DOHC4life)

im just wondering why u guys think its stupid for a daily driver? maybe u know something i dont about fuel cells? fill me in, thanks for the info
Old 09-19-2004, 03:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not saying it's stupid or not. Just don't understand why you are chosing to do it. Have you completely done about everything you can to reduce weight to where you are now going after the tank? Cause there are a lot of other options to reduce weight and not go through something you don't quite know how to do. Plus I strongly doubt you will be losing some serious weight with a 8-10gallon fuel cell. I just recently took a gas tank off and it wasn't too heavy IMO. I understand a 1-2 gallon in the engine bay cause then you are reducing weight and what you area then adding you are getting it more towards the front of the car in a ff.
This is just my opinions, but do whatever makes you happy. It's your car and your money.