Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Fuck Omni Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default **** Omni Part 2

So i ordered that master cylinder clutch from omni that everyone was crazing about. Waited patiently for over a month while on pre-order. To make a long story short it broke on me after about 50 miles of drive time on it. They sent me a replacement unit after i waited about 1-2 weeks for them to pick up the broken unit ect. Installed the second unit, put about 75 miles on it and boom. Its broken in bumper to bumper traffic in rush hour. I get to push my car into a parking lot and wait for a tow-truck.

Basically **** you omni, you gave my daily driver 3 weeks of downtime, spent money on tow truck, ruined my ******* day again, and caused 1 big ******* head-ache

i advise to stay the **** away from omni products in the future
Old 08-29-2005, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: **** Omni Part 2 (digital sol)

wow, they keep getting better and better...
Old 08-29-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: **** Omni Part 2 (Swags04)

what... dood they sent you anther bad unit..
omfg... wow...

got any pics of yours.. mine went too, i haven't gotten my new one yet.. i should just sell it here.. but i would feel like an *** if it broke.

Old 08-29-2005, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **** Omni Part 2 (GripStar)

no pictures because my car is being towed home at the moment

but if you want to know what there products are like, go outside and find some dog ****.....thats about the same as this....

damm im pissed
Old 08-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That sucks dog, I stick with Tein for coilovers and Clutchmasters for those clutch issues. That sucks man, sorry to hear that
Honda-Tech Member

<FONT COLOR="royalblue"> Why not just buy OEM?

One of the OMNI Full Coilovers just took a shyt on me.
</FONT>
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

These are still pretty new. Has anyone else had these problems? I was thinking of getting them but my car is down at the moment, also whats the warrenty?
Old 08-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **** Omni Part 2 (Luserkid)

warantee is 2 year.....but i havnt had a unit last past 80 miles so far
Old 08-29-2005, 02:43 PM

ouch, that sucks bro.. i had to bike to work for weeks over mine breaking.. really pissed me off as well

also, luserkid, dood there is thousands of people is failing omni clutch clys... it was a bad batch or some bullshit. There is a thread on honda-tech, it's on other forums too..

i never got a sorry from omni, or heard one from omni products.... good people right
Old 08-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really didn't understand the point of the clutch master cly in the first case when oem works fine but that kinda figures the quality was ****. Guess they never decided to actually test the products before they put them on the market.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: (nsxmatt)

well i was doing a auto to 5 speed swap, and got a discount.. shrug..
Old 08-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (GripStar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GripStar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i was doing a auto to 5 speed swap, and got a discount.. shrug.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That makes sense then, sorry for your luck man
Old 08-29-2005, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would never purchase omni products regardless of how many praises their would be in the future. I seem to hear more topics about defects about omni than anything.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

thats what happens with brand new products

funny how omni was the **** when they came out because of low prices and now...well...you know
Old 08-29-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Re: (b 1 6 a 2)

yea i hate hearing all this crap, but to me its just like when new models are released, theres always going to be problems at first, and i forsaw all of this going on with omni when all the new craze was about them sorry to all the people that have problems
Old 08-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (brad 1.BANNED)

maybe omni is what the O stands for in OBX?
Old 08-29-2005, 03:11 PM

people just saying their new thats why.
Like I said Omni isn't too far behind APC

**** Omni Bitches
Old 08-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I really didn't understand the point of the clutch master cly in the first case when oem works fine</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree...

i cant wait for the omni big brake system to start failing on peeps....hopefully people will listen to others mistakes, and hopefully no one will be killed by cheaply made parts with not enough R&D ( meaning years of research not 3-5 months of testing)

Old 08-29-2005, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by omnipowerusa.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BENEFITS:

50% Reduction in Clutch Pedal Travel
User Adjustable Clutch Release Point
Improved Clutch Accuracy & Pedal Feel
Longer Transmission Synchro Life
Faster Recovery From Missed Gears
Restores Timing and Synchronization Between Short Shifter and Clutch Pedal.
5 year warranty

After you install a short throw shifter, your timing will be off from your hands to your feet. This in turn causes mis-shifts and accelerated wear on the transmission synchronizers. With the Omni-Power Quicklutch unit you will restore your shifting synchronization and it will enable you to make more consistent and faster shifts.

Used by many top winning racing teams across the world, they all agree this clutch master cylinder greatly improves shift times, some have stated that it’s the closest thing you can get to a sequential transmission.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 08-29-2005, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (Tyson)

LOL, people actually bought into that crap?
Old 08-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Re: (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL, people actually bought into that crap?</TD></TR></TABLE>

should you be talking?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by omnipowerusa.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
When manufacturing a sophisticated suspension system there are many aspects that need to be considered to achieve extraordinary results. After exhausting efforts we feel that we have produced the ultimate coilover system.
We not only wanted a system that performed well on the track but also could be driven on the street. This is not as easy as it may seem, however we feel that we have achieved the perfect combination! Using many of the technologies found in Porsche 911 GT2/GT3 coilovers, we carefully configured bump and rebound settings for each specific application to produce optimum driving dynamics. We used spring (Street F=10K & R=8K) (Sport F=12K & R=10K) and damper rates that yield exceptional handling characteristics coupled with unsurpassed street drivability

Our coilovers can be raised or lowered, up to 4”, from two separate positions which allows the user to raise or lower their vehicle without affecting spring preload or damper stroke length. We incorporated large 46mm pistons along with 20mm shafts which we found far superior to typical smaller piston/shaft coilovers. By using large 46mm pistons we were able to greatly reduce the stroke length, while still moving the same amount of fluid, resulting in unprecedented efficiency. All coilover systems include high grade aluminum pillow mounts further enhancing overall control. We used CNC Wound SAE 9254 Racing Springs which were found to be the longest lasting spring on the market that showed no tendencies to sag.

So whether you are looking for a great track set up or you need a suspension that adapts to public roads, you have found the right coilover. Omni-Power, Designed and manufactured for customers who demand the very best!

46 mm Piston Size, Resulting In Superb Overall Control.
20 mm Shaft Designed To Withstand Both Track Abuse As Well As Road Imperfections.
CNC Wound SAE 9254 Super High Quality Springs.
Extensive Research And Development Went In To Choosing Precisely Matched Spring & Damper Rates Specific To Each Application. The Result Is Outstanding Ride Quality & Incredible Handling Characteristics!
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL, people actually bought into that crap?</TD></TR></TABLE>

thankfully, or else we wouldn't be able to sit back and learn from other people's mistakes.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (Tyson)

lol, given the situation, they were one of very few options. And i knew it was a shitty product to begin with (I damn sure didn't choose them based on their description!), but suspension on the front of a drag car is very simple really, limit rebound. They did that...for a while...
Old 08-29-2005, 04:17 PM

I've really enjoyed my Omni products, both on the street and at the track.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

any recalls on suspension?

Quick Reply: Fuck Omni Part 2