Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

fu..ing wet floor help...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fu..ing wet floor help...

-My ek has a wetting problem, the whole carpet is wet on the bottom?
-Any suggestions?
-Ian said it could be my door's weather seal.
-It's starting to smell.
-AARRGH
-
Old 01-10-2005, 11:56 PM

Default Re: fu..ing wet floor help... (travytrav)

same thing as in my eg.
it's been raining like hell here in NCal too.

good thing i have this

but as soon as it stop raining, i'll fix that bitch.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

same here WTF is going on? i changed the weather stripping on the door and it still seems to find its way in my ******* car? son of a bitch somehow gets on the driver side carpet area and the passenger side ECU area???

but the other day i went to the car wash place and sprayed the **** out of the car with water then i went to check inside the car and it seems to NOT leak into the car when i am trying to check!
Old 01-11-2005, 12:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: fu..ing wet floor help... (*****StEr)

i heard they can leak throu the front window where the wiper is located. it might need to be reseal.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Re: fu..ing wet floor help... (Ignitecivic)

my friend is having this problem with his coupe. He thinks it might be coming through the firewall... Is that possible?
Old 01-11-2005, 12:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: fu..ing wet floor help... (94_HATCH)

where? from the door or what?

I have no door panels on my car, so i always see all the water come in from the outside between the glass window and the black long trim rubberized piece along the door. NOW, all doors have holes in them at the bottom, so all that water leaks out, im thinking its leaking that way on your carpet.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Re: fu..ing wet floor help... (MadRussian03)

There was water leakage in my old EG. I had a rust hole on driver side. Right below the drivers side windshield at the end. I guess water sat there and it rusted a hole. I sealed it up with some drying gel cream. Forgot what it was called.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: fu..ing wet floor help... (94_HATCH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94_HATCH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my friend is having this problem with his coupe. He thinks it might be coming through the firewall... Is that possible?</TD></TR></TABLE>

that shall be me

this damn water seems to be coming up out of nowhere...cant be from the top of the window seals as my dad suggested...cant be my sunroof drains...i know this bcuz my pillar inside is not wet or has no sign of water...

so now im guessing the water is getting in at the bottom of the windshield...near the firewall...im assuming htere's a hole there...

looks like im having the same problem iNCU3US had
Old 01-11-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: fu..ing wet floor help... (eJone powereD)

Have either of you guys removed any rubber grommets to run power wires through for a stereo?
Old 01-11-2005, 02:31 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: fu..ing wet floor help... (CycloneBlue_1.6EL)

you sure your heater core isnt bad and leaking along the firewall to underneath the carpet??

it can still function while leaking you know.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:03 AM

This is how I found my problem. I washed my car and sprayed alot of water at the area where water was leaking from and I had my girlfriend sit inside the car to see where the water came from. It was leaking from a rust hole. Just keep pouring water where the leak is and you'll eventually find it.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:44 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by *****StEr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">son of a bitch somehow gets on the driver side carpet area and the passenger side ECU area??? </TD></TR></TABLE>

if the leaking is on the passenger side, lift up your rug and check the drainage hose from the a/c... it's a little black rubber hose that should be going into the floor, but alot of times the passenger can move it out of place without knowing... so the water just drains on the floor instead of under the car... hope that helped...
Old 01-11-2005, 06:00 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: fu..ing wet floor help... (Lil Duey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CycloneBlue_1.6EL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have either of you guys removed any rubber grommets to run power wires through for a stereo?</TD></TR></TABLE>
I just recently did that but I cut a hole in the rubber grommet to just barely fit the power wire through it and then reinstalled the grommet. Hope that works out.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:43 AM

i had this problem on my 2000 Si so i had my windshield resealed cost me $45, no more wind noise and no more wet carpet! hope it helps
Old 01-11-2005, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CycloneBlue_1.6EL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have either of you guys removed any rubber grommets to run power wires through for a stereo?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i still have the stock headunit, so it cant possibly be that...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stackz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you sure your heater core isnt bad and leaking along the firewall to underneath the carpet??

it can still function while leaking you know.</TD></TR></TABLE>

cant be my heater core, bcuz im getting the leak on the driver side...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMspongebob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had this problem on my 2000 Si so i had my windshield resealed cost me $45, no more wind noise and no more wet carpet! hope it helps </TD></TR></TABLE>

i'l be having my whole driver side re-sealed...hopefully it'll solve the dman problem
Old 01-11-2005, 07:19 AM

Check the area under your fenders where the cabin harness extends to the doors... When I did my power windows/locks/mirrors conversion on my DX i didnt take off my fenders and therfore did not properly install the gromet... turned out my feet started getting wet when I drove on the rain... Wated was coming in through that hole... took the fenders off and installed the gromet properly and viloa... no more water...
Old 01-11-2005, 09:39 AM

do you have a sunroof, if so there are tudes that run from the sunroof to the floor they always seem to get disconected at the floor drain. Check them if you have sunroof. if not sorry
Old 01-11-2005, 09:40 AM

Default Re: fu..ing wet floor help... (one8toh8)

if so there are (tudes)

sorry i ment (tubes)
Old 01-11-2005, 09:53 AM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: fu..ing wet floor help... (one8toh8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by one8toh8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if so there are (tudes)

sorry i ment (tubes)</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can edit your original post. You know that, right?
Anyway, the guy that said heater core.....I doubt it. Radiator fluid has a distinct sweet smell to it. Also I don't think the water would be making it's way over to the driver's side.
My old 92 had a leaking problem. Turned out to be a rusted area right under the windshield. Had a body shop work some magic on it and it never leaked again.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:24 AM

Default Re: fu..ing wet floor help... (IslandSi)

my Eg is doing the same thing. Have you checked your trunk? it could be coming from there. mine is the weather stripping on my trunk lid is bad so it lets water in and it slowly workes its way from the trunk to the carpet inside.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was just gonna ask the same question.

I had the same problem with the floor on the passanger side getting wet and upon further inspection, i discovered that when wiring my stereo, i didnt reinstall a rubber grommet.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:14 PM

hell yeah I've had that same prob. it's been raining like a **** in fontucky, the streets have been over a foot deep, i noticed that I had a little puddle of water on my pass side rear a couple of days ago. to today I ripped out my whole int. carpet and all, and I noticed that in the rear where the e brake cables run through the car the two seals that are around the cable were pop ed out, I think that's where the waters been coming from? also I noticed that when I used to jack up my car front under the driver side door, it pushed up the floor a little and poked a small hole through the floor. so Im just going to leave the int. out until it stops raining and see what's up. good luck but you better not let that water sit for too long it will start to rust and then you will have a bigger prob.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: fu..ing wet floor help... (iNCU3US)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iNCU3US &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There was water leakage in my old EG. I had a rust hole on driver side. Right below the drivers side windshield at the end. I guess water sat there and it rusted a hole. I sealed it up with some drying gel cream. Forgot what it was called.</TD></TR></TABLE>

exact same thing happened to me in my first hatch.
but mine was on the passener side

body shop welded the rusted spot for less then 100$
Old 01-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks guys, Im gonna take my whole carpet out and shampoo it, then figure out where the leak is coming from there....
Thanks again, Travis
-bump-
Old 01-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: fu..ing wet floor help... (hondasport2000)

My car is leaking somewhere above me. I'm gonna have to take my head liner down and try to find it. I thought I fixed the problem when I resealed the the windshield. Guess that wasn't what was the problem.

Quick Reply: fu..ing wet floor help...